• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

NdBnkr

Horology Curious
11/7/23
The Milky Way
I finally received my 124060 today, after 25 days shipping.
It looks great, it fits great, winding the movement feels solid (it's from the first VS3230 batch), even the bezel movement feels really good for a rep.
But damn, that bracelet is crappy. I was hoping that it would feel better than the bracelets on my two VSF Seamaster 300 (Spectre and Summer Blue, and the poor bracelet quality is mentioned in pretty much every review). But no, it's the same - lots of play between the links, noisy, doesn't feel solid (I know, baby oil might reduce the noise a bit, but it will still be flimsy).
The bracelet on my Clean 126500 feels so much better in comparison (the links are also thicker, and it feels heavier - not sure if this is the same when you compare the gen bracelets of 124060 and 126500, I wouldn't expect the links on a Daytona to be thicker than on a Sub). I knew that the bracelet was not on the same level as on the Clean 124060, but many people here said that it's still pretty good. Unfortunately, it isn't.
I guess I will have to look for an ARF bracelet, because the VSF bracelet really kills my joy.

I thought both Clean and VSF were using ARF bracelets, some TDs are still listing VSF with ARF bracelets, however, others are not.

Is it possible they are no longer using ARF bracelets ?

Well look at that. --> Page 223 (5.56)

Reactions: Pureblood

AllanV

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
4/3/23
EU
I’ve been asking almost all the TDs and no one has the latest mk2 bezel 126610LV. However I stumbled upon a post on reptime QC and the buyer confirmed that he got a VSF 126610LV with mk2 bezel. I wrote to the seller (non TD afaik)
My question is, is it legit? The reason I’m asking is because all the other TDs says VSF or any other factory hasn’t made the latest mk2 bezel yet. So how come this seller can source a watch TDs can’t?

AllanV

Supporter
Certified
4/3/23
EU
So its a no TD, and they have for sale something that doesn't exist yet.... All the red flags are there for you to see... Do not go swimming !
Exactly my thought, I guess I just need to be more patient and wait for a TD

Pureblood

27/6/23
United States
I would love to see VSF release 5 digit subs. I love my VSF 114060 but one thing has been bothering me about the ceramic. The bracelet and clasp get scratched up and I don’t mind scratching, but the ceramic is forever pristine and shiny so down the line I feel like the watch will look weird and not evenly “worn” and I will be compelled to polish it which I don’t really want to do. That’s been my only gripe with the Rolex ceramic bezels, though they do look nice. I would go nuts for a VSF 14060m!

Brooksy1

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/2/12
I would love to see VSF release 5 digit subs. I love my VSF 114060 but one thing has been bothering me about the ceramic. The bracelet and clasp get scratched up and I don’t mind scratching, but the ceramic is forever pristine and shiny so down the line I feel like the watch will look weird and not evenly “worn” and I will be compelled to polish it which I don’t really want to do. That’s been my only gripe with the Rolex ceramic bezels, though they do look nice. I would go nuts for a VSF 14060m!
Agreed