• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

chrisat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/24
I finally received my 124060 today, after 25 days shipping.
It looks great, it fits great, winding the movement feels solid (it's from the first VS3230 batch), even the bezel movement feels really good for a rep.
But damn, that bracelet is crappy. I was hoping that it would feel better than the bracelets on my two VSF Seamaster 300 (Spectre and Summer Blue, and the poor bracelet quality is mentioned in pretty much every review). But no, it's the same - lots of play between the links, noisy, doesn't feel solid (I know, baby oil might reduce the noise a bit, but it will still be flimsy).
The bracelet on my Clean 126500 feels so much better in comparison (the links are also thicker, and it feels heavier - not sure if this is the same when you compare the gen bracelets of 124060 and 126500, I wouldn't expect the links on a Daytona to be thicker than on a Sub). I knew that the bracelet was not on the same level as on the Clean 124060, but many people here said that it's still pretty good. Unfortunately, it isn't.
I guess I will have to look for an ARF bracelet, because the VSF bracelet really kills my joy.

Reactions: Gfonce

Gfonce

Horology Curious
5/6/24
I finally received my 124060 today, after 25 days shipping.
It looks great, it fits great, winding the movement feels solid (it's from the first VS3230 batch), even the bezel movement feels really good for a rep.
But damn, that bracelet is crappy. I was hoping that it would feel better than the bracelets on my two VSF Seamaster 300 (Spectre and Summer Blue, and the poor bracelet quality is mentioned in pretty much every review). But no, it's the same - lots of play between the links, noisy, doesn't feel solid (I know, baby oil might reduce the noise a bit, but it will still be flimsy).
The bracelet on my Clean 126500 feels so much better in comparison (the links are also thicker, and it feels heavier - not sure if this is the same when you compare the gen bracelets of 124060 and 126500, I wouldn't expect the links on a Daytona to be thicker than on a Sub). I knew that the bracelet was not on the same level as on the Clean 124060, but many people here said that it's still pretty good. Unfortunately, it isn't.
I guess I will have to look for an ARF bracelet, because the VSF bracelet really kills my joy.
I’ve not even notice that and I have a Gen, maybe because my expectations are not set so high being a rep, don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. What’s this baby oil going to do ?

ptwatchjourney

Horology Curious
10/5/24
I just got my 126040 from Andrew over at trusty and I am shocked and surprised at the result!

My first rep and will be wearing this for a while.

New vs3230 seems to be keeping time well, haven't tested the 70 hr reserve yet but I will.

I must have got lucky because my SELs seem pretty darn good maybe bottom right could be a little better, my understanding is that there should be a minor lip from lug to link but this corner sits more flush than the rest.

I'm very happy, I checked the time and the time was told. 🤣

Neodx

Horology Curious
7/3/23
EU
For my untrained eyes the SEL's look pretty good, especially when you take in too account that the pictures is zoomed into oblivion :cool:

I've ordered a 126610LN can't wait to put it on my wrist when I see all the nice pictures over here.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I just got my 126040 from Andrew over at trusty and I am shocked and surprised at the result!

My first rep and will be wearing this for a while.

New vs3230 seems to be keeping time well, haven't tested the 70 hr reserve yet but I will.

I must have got lucky because my SELs seem pretty darn good maybe bottom right could be a little better, my understanding is that there should be a minor lip from lug to link but this corner sits more flush than the rest.

I'm very happy, I checked the time and the time was told. 🤣

The VSF Subs rarely disappoint you 😄

Reactions: ptwatchjourney

lovegensandreps

Kodo Constant-Force Tourbillon rep when?
22/9/22
EU
VS3135 or VS3235?

Which one would you chose? Regardless of the quality of the rest of the watch, just movement alone.

They seem equal to me, with the 3235 having the advantage over the power reserve. So it seems like a no brainer the VS3235.

What are your thoughts?

pack11

Certified
28/3/24
VS3135 or VS3235?

Which one would you chose? Regardless of the quality of the rest of the watch, just movement alone.

They seem equal to me, with the 3235 having the advantage over the power reserve. So it seems like a no brainer the VS3235.

What are your thoughts?

That is a very good question. Apart from the power reserve I would also put the reliabilty into the equasion. In fact I would value the reliability higher than the power reserve. For that reason I would rather have an ETA clone...

Reactions: AllanV

AllanV

Supporter
Certified
4/3/23
EU
That is a very good question. Apart from the power reserve I would also put the reliabilty into the equasion. In fact I would value the reliability higher than the power reserve. For that reason I would rather have an ETA clone...
Agree with the ETA clone. Ive listened to a podcast, where they talked about the 3235, and that it is apparently not that reliable. I think it is a pity that ETA clones are not available on VSF, Clean etc.

Lewi2k8

14/1/24
Can anybody point me in the right direction to any 1 who can fix my VSF submariner ceramic bezel it’s stopped clicking when turning.

ihavedrainbamage

5/4/23
USA
VS3135 or VS3235?

What are your thoughts?
I recall seeing complaints about the 3235 when it first launched due to parts availability, or lack thereof. The 3235 was supposedly a big step back in terms of 3rd-party repairability.

Reactions: lovegensandreps

nzkieran

Known Member
17/6/20
Agree with the ETA clone. Ive listened to a podcast, where they talked about the 3235, and that it is apparently not that reliable. I think it is a pity that ETA clones are not available on VSF, Clean etc.
Who makes the best sub with ETA clone?