• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
EVERYONE:

You need to check the tightness of the case back, usually they are only finger tight from the factory!

Every one of my VSF's were finger tight only. Once you have tightened the case back the watch is usually waterproof for a shower or swim.

Again.. check your case back(s) now!

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
You’re dead right - just checked mine. Three were finger tight, the rest not much more. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

RNVP

Known Member
16/9/21
sorry for the stupid question but how do you recommend tightening the case back?

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
A Horotec with a 29.5 die is all you need for your sub and daytona, my absolute favorite

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Yes those methods. Another ghetto method for the hardcore, you can wrap some sticky tape around your fingers and use them, you'll get it off if it's loose or tighter im sure.

Last edited:

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Thanks man

No problem you need only the 29.5mm die for both sub and daytona, nothing else
Edit: and a screwdriver to remove a pin from the bracelet,in order to be able to use the casecack opener, like this one: https://www.esslinger.com/horofix-s...ch-bracelet-link-screws-with-3-tips-included/

​​​​​​And once you already there,why you dont grease the caseback o-ring also to be waterproofed , with something like this: https://www.esslinger.com/watch-gasket-o-ring-lubricator-silicone-grease/

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
This belongs to a family member. It's a VSF116610LV. It has been worn daily for about 10 months by an active young guy. I just replaced the movement because it broke when he dropped it. However, the rest of the watch has not held up very well..

The bracelet is about to fail in 3 places, it already has a broken weld between the clasp and first link and both SEL's are about to come apart from the attached links.
jBeDOL.jpg
jBLgjQ.jpg
jBLVuS.jpg

In summary, a reminder that while the VSF watch case set and movement may be among the best of it's kind, it has a rather cheap bracelet that cannot hold up to daily wear.

I don't really wear my reps, they only get an hour here and there so mine should remain in good condition, I'll wear my gens daily, they hold up much better. That's the difference.

Last edited:

Flock

7/3/16
If I understood correctly, this is the real VSF movement and the real VSF clasp?

81db4ea3840b751c10c49e7fab85cee7.jpg

dc00733e94d25d4a24fcb3b218bf3405.jpg

16aa9e0967820fc117926b89ecd03ac2.jpg

018d483902d4447c059e4708f3631e18.jpg

iPhone Tapatalk

Reactions: Fester F15

halo3

Known Member
1/5/21
Don’t try compare the brushed finish, I refinished my genuine Sub by myself so the satin is not quite gen like.

enduser StreetFighter Thanks guys for the response! I was hesitant about getting the 126610 VSF because I didnt know if it was as good as the 11xxxxx was. I ordered a 126610LN from trusty last night, hopefully all goes well and it is a true VSF.

pixel_junkie

Renowned Member
28/1/12
Conus
This belongs to a family member. It's a VSF116610LV. It has been worn daily for about 10 months by an active young guy. I just replaced the movement because it broke when he dropped it. However, the rest of the watch has not held up very well..

The bracelet is about to fail in 3 places, it already has a broken weld between the clasp and first link and both SEL's are about to come apart from the attached links.
jBeDOL.jpg
jBLgjQ.jpg
jBLVuS.jpg

In summary, a reminder that while the VSF watch case set and movement may be among the best of it's kind, it has a rather cheap bracelet that cannot hold up to daily wear.

I don't really wear my reps, they only get an hour here and there so mine should remain in good condition, I'll wear my gens daily, they hold up much better. That's the difference.

Disappointing. Wander if like you, most VSF owners don’t wear their watches much or if this family member was extra rough with this watch. Because this is the first report of bracelet issues I’ve seen.

By the way, is the bracelet link issue not easily fixable?