• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Ultimate Daytona Buying Guide (Ref. 116520/116500)

Afpire93

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/11/23
Hello, I'm new to rep. I need an advice. I'm thinking of getting a clean 116518 yellow gold. https://jtime.io/us/daytona-116518-...k-dial-on-oysterflex-rubber-strap-sa4130.html
Something like this. However I'm thinking of getting the inner 3 circles to be yellow gold. Or should I go for black like in the link.

As I don't think I'm changing it to a deep crystal. So not sure which colouring will make it less noticeable. Thank you!

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Hello, I'm new to rep. I need an advice. I'm thinking of getting a clean 116518 yellow gold. https://jtime.io/us/daytona-116518-...k-dial-on-oysterflex-rubber-strap-sa4130.html
Something like this. However I'm thinking of getting the inner 3 circles to be yellow gold. Or should I go for black like in the link.

As I don't think I'm changing it to a deep crystal. So not sure which colouring will make it less noticeable. Thank you!
Suggest you switch to Deep. All Daytonas for Clean that have black/white dial should have deep installed to prevent the fogginess.

Reflective/sunburst dial like the Pikachu? Don't need deep.

Reactions: Afpire93

Afpire93

19/11/23

Rowdy

19/9/13
for the 116500 panda, are we on v2 or v3? can anyone confirm the latest serial number? Thanks in advance!

Rowdy

19/9/13
well to partially answer my previous question, did some more reading and clean daytonas typically start with 216wf serial for anyone else that's wondering

Donnaildk

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
17/10/22
Denmark
If anyone is interested in a Gen Rolex Daytona chrono wheel (4130-820) Seconds function.
Let me know 😊

Yasrolex

Known Member
18/7/23
London Uk
Quick question please.
Looking for a Daytona donor watch with a black bezel and dial.
I have 2 choices clean and btf. Any major differences between the 2?? I’ve heard the btf crystal is deep?? And is much better than the clean Daytona.
I’m getting a custom dial installed but just need a donor watch and not sure which one I should go for. I can get hold of a btf with deep crystal for $594 and a clean with deep for $637.
Would appreciate some help on this please.

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
BTF does not use Deep crystals, but BTF crystals are clearer than CF.

BTF base with Clean bezel.

elite justice

Looking Around
26/11/23
I am looking to purchase the Clean Factory 126519LN or the 116519LN (meteorite). I would like to know about the QC and personal experiences with these models, and how is the 4130 movement. Recommendations for TD?

• Sad
Reactions: e1phantom

Milburn1

Supporter
Certified
1/11/22
UK
Btf has updated to thicker subdials.

It's a V2.2 or v3 however you wanna call it.
Clean is now V3.5 now as well after some slight updates. I know the bezel now has thicker engravings which are more pronounced.

Reactions: Storm.

Blanco2013

Horology Curious
Supporter
Certified
23/11/23
Europe
Hello everybody, I am new in this thread and I found a lot of interesting issues. I was curious about the Daytona 116509 black diamond, in your opinion could that ever be a beliveable rep. I also refer to all the rep with Jewels or Gold or Platinum. What Is your opinion on that.
Thanks to all for attention

MoonObserver

Looking Around
24/2/23
UK
On CF vs BTF: I went to a "watch tourist" area in China this summer with a local and had a chance to compare white and black dial of CF and BTF altogether (4 watches). I read this chain in advance, which I found very helpful, the wealth of information on the forum is immense.
I'm no pro and my observations are: white panda is better from CF and black one is BTF, would struggle to tell why though. The most noticeable difference between CF and BTF on black face was the fact that small metal circles of chronometer seemed too shiny on CF. And lug connection were slightly better on white CF than white BTF, but the black BTF overall seemed better than black CF. So the overall winner of them 4 was black face BTF in my opinion. I was also told these are the best models - hope this helps to someone who is struggling to decide :)

zer0cool_01

Looking Around
15/12/23
I am looking to purchase the Clean Factory 126519LN or the 116519LN (meteorite). I would like to know about the QC and personal experiences with these models, and how is the 4130 movement. Recommendations for TD?
I'm in the same boat. Would appreciate other members thoughts on a Clean Ghost.