• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Ultimate Daytona Buying Guide (Ref. 116520/116500)

Yasrolex

Known Member
18/7/23
London Uk
So you can even ask TD to change crystal for you before sending?

Do you recommend to change only for Daytona or for Sub as well?
You can ask, depends on the TD. I went with onewatches and he did it no problem.

I wouldn’t know about subs as I don’t have one, I did one for my cf Daytona panda.

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Hi everyone

I want to ask if this is a real BTF?
As I compared to my gen white dial datejust, the white of BTF still looks a little greyish compared to the white gen datejust. If yes this is the closest to gen. I cant imagin how greyish or blueish CF panda is.

Or maybe, is it incomparable between different model of gen rolex? Although it’s the same white, datejust and daytona have different white hue (?) can someone explain me

Thank you
Yes BTF is very pale white. Check my picture here. You see my BTF and my clean v1 with BTF crystal, almost the same color.. And the dial is an old arf, Verry nice dial color, noob and arf dial color is verry Beautiful, more creamy white.

Last edited:

Karabas

Known Member
1/10/23
You can ask, depends on the TD. I went with onewatches and he did it no problem.

I wouldn’t know about subs as I don’t have one, I did one for my cf Daytona panda.
What did you change? A glass? Clean on deep ? And which TD did it for you?

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Look at the differens on the bezel. BTF to the left. Clean to the right. Se How crisp and deep the engravings is on the clean compere to BTF? And the subdial numbers are Verry nice on clean. Dont know if its a batch thing.

Last edited:

Karabas

Known Member
1/10/23
Look at the differens on the bezel. BTF to the left. Clean to the right. Se How crisp and deep the engravings is on the clean compere to BTF? And the subdial numbers are Verry nice on clean. Dont know if its a batch thing.
I dont see differences at all. You should an expert to see them.
Again, in real life it might be not clean, some rain, some water on it. Might be old generation.
So even if you see it in reality, you cannot tell the difference. Or you dont know which is correct

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
I dont see differences at all. You should an expert to see them.
Again, in real life it might be not clean, some rain, some water on it. Might be old generation.
So even if you see it in reality, you cannot tell the difference. Or you dont know which is correct
Then you need a pair of glases my friend.
Old generation what are you talking about? Its the newest BTF and a pretty new clean. And they are not in rain or dirt. im holding them in my hand :) the btf i got 3days ago,i just unwrapt it when i took the photos

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Im not saying BTF is bad. Just that this details on the clean is little little better. Remember we are talking about magnifying glass details here, But thats why we are here right ;) on the wrist no one will ever notice this

Ferrichie

Horology Curious
12/5/22
Im not saying BTF is bad. Just that this details on the clean is little little better. Remember we are talking about magnifying glass details here, But thats why we are here right ;) on the wrist no one will ever notice this
Yes, you’re right. I also agree that it will be unnoticeable without the comparison side by side.

But if I want to franken this, what panda dial would you recommend? Gen is out of my budget though (I dont want to spend that much on my rep)

Karabas

Known Member
1/10/23
I see that on black dial crystal foggy is more visible then on the ehite.is it just a photo or is it really like this?

daytonagator

Horology Curious
2/5/20
Hi everyone

I want to ask if this is a real BTF?
As I compared to my gen white dial datejust, the white of BTF still looks a little greyish compared to the white gen datejust. If yes this is the closest to gen. I cant imagin how greyish or blueish CF panda is.

Or maybe, is it incomparable between different model of gen rolex? Although it’s the same white, datejust and daytona have different white hue (?) can someone explain me

Thank you
Here's my 2 gens side by side, whites look very close to each other.

Karabas

Known Member
1/10/23
Here's my 2 gens side by side, whites look very close to each other.
Btw, do you know the main motivation behind people buying gen Daytona for 25k over lets say DJ41 in the same size and dial color and bracelet for 8-9k ?
It's an interesting phenomena and I don't have an answer.

My personal view:
1) for 95% people both of them are just "white Rolex". So value is the same.
2) for the rest 5% its a big difference ( they know the price ).

So probably people are buying it for those 5%.

Alternative version: people just like sundials and tend to prefer watch with sundials over normal dial

r@f

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/09
Great comparison and review!
And just when I thought that now i know what to buy i read about the ZF version of the 116500 with mixed parts.
I guess that the rep route is a never ending story... Unless you go steatto the Gen versions...

Thank you!

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
Fyi, this hole in the crown is not "wrong". Pre 2019 Daytonas had this bigger crown. Post 2019 Daytonas do not. Just a matter of preference visually.
wrong. all ceramic daytonas have the hole smaller. your statement is correct for the ss bezel ones.

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
wrong. all ceramic daytonas have the hole smaller. your statement is correct for the ss bezel ones.
So What are you saying about this one? This have a big hole. (The white one)

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
the hole will always look more pronounced on a white dial (reflections), but they share the same coronet on gens - black or white. the old cf coronet was even the wrong shape.

cf pre update (wrong)

HTHv7t.jpeg

cf updated (correct)

HTK3mL.jpeg

2019 gens

HTKKS8.jpeg

HTKHCR.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Reaps