• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The RM10 Homage Thread

buffedupboy

Known Member
15/2/13
Lol, afford? how can I buy something that doesn't exist... PICS, PICS, PICS
It's not a battle between you and me, show to everybody else that I'm a liar. You can't, lol

So that is your way of saying you agree to buying the caseset for 5000usd after I post up the pics here? I'll give you 5000usd if you agree and I don't post up pictures to make it a fair deal ok? Or is your so called reputation not worth that?

buffedupboy

Known Member
15/2/13
Agree with Stuvetjee, although would be good to see examples of OPs work, not because he owes us anything but just because it's quite relevant to his post...

We all know the rules, pics or it never happened :)

DC

Hey DC,

Don't worry, I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
I know all about that thread and i would suggest you posting there or PM the OP about it instead of complaining in the RM section about a whole different project...

And watch your tone mate.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

So stay with him, Lol.
You know what will happen here in the next 3, 4, 5 years? NOTHING

buffedupboy

Known Member
15/2/13
So stay with him, Lol.
You know what will happen here in the next 3, 4, 5 years? NOTHING
Talk to me again when you grow a pair. All you are to me now is a child that didn't get the toy he wanted.

As they say, don't feed the troll, back to regular programming for the rest of us.

rally4444

I'm Pretty Popular
30/3/16
OP doesn't owe us anything, he is simply trying his skills. He's not a factory/maker/dealer it's a hobby for all we know. Just relax and enjoy the ride, were not entitled to anything

Sent from the RWI mobile app

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14

buffedupboy

Known Member
15/2/13
I start watching this thread, lol.
But, NOTHING, NOTHING, I say NOTHING will happen here in the next 10 years, hahaha

You don't believe me? Check what I said 3 years ago in his "UNFINISHED" ROO project https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/gauging-interest-for-a-aproo-caseset.153481/page-13

NOTHING happened there. But OP is a liar, he called it a "successful project", hahaha. How can it be successful if you never achieves it??? CRAZY, just CRAZY

I feel sorry for you honestly. Being poor is a very hard thing. I've been there trust me. But with some hard work and a lot of luck you can climb out of it. Have faith!

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14
I feel sorry for you honestly. Being poor is a very hard thing. I've been there trust me. But with some hard work and a lot of luck you can climb out of it. Have faith!
Lol, PICS, PICS, PICS
We need facts, mate... Stop talking and show your "SUCCESSFUL" project, you can't hahaha

buffedupboy

Known Member
15/2/13
Back to regular programming. So the movement has been simplified, and because of that the dial is more gen like but you don't get the irregular shape of the movement and the skeletonising. But from the pictures it may not even be visible.

11jr86c.jpg

2lkppbd.jpg

Just finished designing the strap insert as well. Next step is to do some 3D printed prototypes to do some test fittings.

Limer

Renowned Member
4/5/16
Back to regular programming. So the movement has been simplified, and because of that the dial is more gen like but you don't get the irregular shape of the movement and the skeletonising. But from the pictures it may not even be visible.

11jr86c.jpg

2lkppbd.jpg

Just finished designing the strap insert as well. Next step is to do some 3D printed prototypes to do some test fittings.
Glad to see this thread came back to its original topic. Keep up the great work. I admire your skillset!

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Looks awesome, and more importantly it looks achievable!!!

Fingers crossed you prove our intrepid troll wrong and actually follow through with this one!!!

DC

buffedupboy

Known Member
15/2/13
That troll is just a poor sod sulking in a corner. Not sure anyone even listens to him. Following through isn't an issue, recuperating costs are. It's one thing to get things made with your own money, it's another to be stuck with stock that no one wants.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
That troll is just a poor sod sulking in a corner. Not sure anyone even listens to him. Following through isn't an issue, recuperating costs are. It's one thing to get things made with your own money, it's another to be stuck with stock that no one wants.

I wished i could afford your AP though :p . Hopefully you can create something awesome outta this one mate!

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
It's a tough one for sure. I'd say that although RM doesn't have as big a following as, say, AP or Rolex, those that do love RM would be prepared to pay a real premium for something like this, as there really aren't many RM reps that properly scratch the itch, but this RM010 would do the job nicely!!

You'd be surprised what people will pay to have an itch scratched :)

DC

buffedupboy

Known Member
15/2/13
Well, we sold enough of those APs to cover most of the cost of the production but we definitely had to hustle to get them out. Overall it was a really good learning experience. You are right about the RMs though, there just aren't any out there that come even close.