• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

*** The panda thread *** - post your vintage Daytona pics!

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
I bought this JKF to play around with... my first attempt at aging.
  • Removed the crystal and changed it to a clark
  • Changed the hands to alpha ones.
  • Aged the dial and hands through coffee, the oven and a while in the sun.
  • Finally gave the whole case a few scratches to make it look pretty battered like the dial.
  • The suede strap adds a great touch IMO.
A vietnam dial would definitely add a lot of value to it, but I'm afraid of damaging it as I age it, also better pushers but no idea how to change them, and a vietnam bezel but no idea how to machine the case.. I think it's fine as is for now.

zIusWI.jpg

Siesta Shrink

Known Member
Patron
Certified
12/6/21
259 Days. 59 emails. COVID-19. Factory Raids. Supply Chain Disruptions. 2 Customs parts seizures.

My new watch created by @D4v3

I'm sure you've seen his vintage Daytonas in the M2M section - they get snapped up sometimes in minutes. During the design phase, Dave was patient, answering a billion questions. I took his advice and put a lot into the dial - an MQ Sotto Custom. Dave sent the case out for some major reshaping.

When the watch arrived, I decided to go with my bracelet obsession: rivets. Talked to a couple folks here who said that good quality 19mm rivet bracelets are virtually non-existent. So I took another deep dive and found a gen bracelet. This one is kind of beat up (read cheap) and I'm delighted with how it all came together.

Now @D4v3, what's our next project going to be?

Siesta Shrink

Known Member
Patron
Certified
12/6/21
Woah that's some "water damage" patina right there! Good job on your first shot!
Mine's the watch that follows yours in this thread (#363), and I just got it and I'm all like "Awww maann, I wish *mine* had water damage on the dial..."

Reactions: IAmRobTV

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
m1994 JKF no longer produces gold
Just asked Marvellous Watches and he still can get them.

The only thing is that he says is that they don't have bracelets, he sells you the pure case without bracelet.

I might get one.

Here some pics he sent me, to my eyes the one that looks better is the black 6263, what do you guys think?

zY6DP1.jpg

zYnVgK.jpg

zYngmv.jpg

zY6Z0j.jpg

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
Great ,
Trusty confirmed to me that they were no longer available

Mm..mm

Known Member
6/9/11
CONUS
Just asked Marvellous Watches and he still can get them.

The only thing is that he says is that they don't have bracelets, he sells you the pure case without bracelet.

I might get one.

Here some pics he sent me, to my eyes the one that looks better is the black 6263, what do you guys think?

zY6DP1.jpg

zYnVgK.jpg

zYngmv.jpg

zY6Z0j.jpg
Dumb question. Is it plated or we talking about actual gold cases?

Mm..mm

Known Member
6/9/11
CONUS
Plated, it’s a $250 usd watch
Thanks. Newb here with vintage so asked a question with the hope of fulfilling a dream. I did some research and couldn’t find so I’m going to ask here. Are there any true gold cases available for 6263s?

pke75

Horology Curious
2/8/21
I bought this JKF to play around with... my first attempt at aging.
  • Removed the crystal and changed it to a clark
  • Changed the hands to alpha ones.
  • Aged the dial and hands through coffee, the oven and a while in the sun.
  • Finally gave the whole case a few scratches to make it look pretty battered like the dial.
  • The suede strap adds a great touch IMO.
A vietnam dial would definitely add a lot of value to it, but I'm afraid of damaging it as I age it, also better pushers but no idea how to change them, and a vietnam bezel but no idea how to machine the case.. I think it's fine as is for now.

zIusWI.jpg
that looks very cool, like that look alot

Reactions: Siesta Shrink

Vitto2

Known Member
Patron
Certified
14/1/22
Ancora complimenti ragazzi!
Questa è una delle discussioni che guardo più spesso.
Approfitto per chiedere una cosa anche sul forum internazionale.
In caso di build 6265 di alto livello, che quadrante argentee big red montereste?
Cerco qualcosa che abbia dimensioni delle scritte e grafica più simile possibile all'originale.
Grazie.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Ancora complimenti ragazzi!
Questa è una delle persone che guardo più spesso.
Approfitto per chiedere una cosa anche sul forum internazionale.
In caso di build 6265 di alto livello, che quadrante argentee big red montereste?
Cerco qualcosa che abbia dimensioni delle scritte e più similitudine possibile all'originale.
Grazie.
MQ dial

Vitto2

Known Member
Patron
Certified
14/1/22
I was also thinking about MQ.
But I have seen the dials for sale on the site and I must say that the writings do not seem correct in size compared to the original.
I try to attach a photo to make you understand.
Maybe it's an old photo?

pafou

Known Member
Patron
Certified
5/8/18
259 Days. 59 emails. COVID-19. Factory Raids. Supply Chain Disruptions. 2 Customs parts seizures.

My new watch created by @D4v3

I'm sure you've seen his vintage Daytonas in the M2M section - they get snapped up sometimes in minutes. During the design phase, Dave was patient, answering a billion questions. I took his advice and put a lot into the dial - an MQ Sotto Custom. Dave sent the case out for some major reshaping.

When the watch arrived, I decided to go with my bracelet obsession: rivets. Talked to a couple folks here who said that good quality 19mm rivet bracelets are virtually non-existent. So I took another deep dive and found a gen bracelet. This one is kind of beat up (read cheap) and I'm delighted with how it all came together.

Now @D4v3, what's our next project going to be?
My Watch I HOPE!!!

pafou

Known Member
Patron
Certified
5/8/18
Thanks. Newb here with vintage so asked a question with the hope of fulfilling a dream. I did some research and couldn’t find so I’m going to ask here. Are there any true gold cases available for 6263s?
Yes, through Kuaredwatches for instance. Link posted on the previous page.
Otherwise Phong also sells gold cases.