• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Official RCLC Bad Ass Thread!

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Clint.jpg

JAFO

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/13
To all a great weekend and I am living vicariously thru those who have made the pilgramige to the Rockin' K Ranch...

Wish I was there...

steel_panther_balls_  out.jpg

A dollar to the first one to get the ref...

Well...I waited to see if anybody else would get the reference. Looks like me and Whitey are the only ones in the know.

That's Steel Panther and the reference is to their Balls Out album. This band was formed by singer Ralph Saenz and guitar player Russ Parrish, both formerly of the world's greatest Van Halen tribute band The Atomic Punks.

The Atomic Punks formed in 1995 and played their first gig at the Power Station in LA. Several of the members were also in a disco cover band at the time and played at the Viper Room regularly. I caught them one night - or probably several nights - back in '95 at the Viper Room, doing their disco thing. They also formed a metal band called Metal Skool around the same time and that morphed into Danger Kitty. Now, you may not think you know Danger Kitty, but my American Brethren probably remember this commercial:

JAFO

16/10/13
Russ Parrish joined The Atomic Punks after their former guitar player Brian Young was tapped to be David Lee Roth's guitar player in the DLR Band after Bart Walsh was fired, who was the guitar player in the Punks before BYoung got the gig. It's all very complicated. Anyways, here's Brian playing with Dave:

JAFO

16/10/13
And in case you don't recognize the bass player, that's the guy who played bass in White Lion - James Lomenzo. The drummer is a guy named Ray Luzier, he's a monster on the drums. You may recognize that name because he's the drummer in Korn. Now, why does JAFO know all this? Well, one of my good friends is tight with all the guys you see onstage in the clip above performing with Dave. He even toured with the band, shooting photos of the shows. No, I'm not talking about Zloz, but a regular guy I know.

Anyway, The Atomic Punks had Bart Walsh as their guitar player. Then Brian Young, then Russ Parrish. Then Ralph and Russ decided to make the parody band Metal Skool and then that morphed into Steel Panther. And, coincidentally, Ray Luzier was a member of the band for a short time before he got tapped to play in Dave's band.

And even IF you don't think you've ever heard of Ralph (the singer), if you've seen the movie Rock Star, starring Mark Wahlberg, you've seen Ralph. He's the guy trying out for the band when Marky Mark comes in to sing for them. And...in the limo scene before that scene you hear David Lee Roth's California Girls playing on the radio in the limo. Except that ain't Dave - it's Ralph Saenz.

So do I win the fckin dollar or what? I mean, I'm like two calls away from the entire band. Well, I'd have to make a call and then my buddy would have to make a call. Just pay me my fckin dollar. Because I'm a bad ass.

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
So do I win the fckin dollar or what? I mean, I'm like two calls away from the entire band. Well, I'd have to make a call and then my buddy would have to make a call. Just pay me my fckin dollar. Because I'm a bad ass.

Shit...

For that run down I'll send you a deep fried Yeezy!

:hehehe:

o-DEEP-FRIED-YEEZYS-900.jpg

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Russ Parish is a real bad ass. Yes sir. Teaches at GIT. This Steel Panther is gag for him...bad ass it is.

DocHolliday

Huckleberry Sales Mod
Advisor
11/2/15
Hell yes fellas its Friday. Let's get this damn party started. [MENTION=73591]JAFO[/MENTION]

foxteca

18/1/13
Nebraska
Unfortunately I can't take my Bawllz out on this glorious Friday, because I'm reading this new book maybe you've heard of it.
2myuf50.png

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
My emotions overfloweth with this great news. I thank you all.

I wanted to be the first RCLC member from Nebraska!!! WTF [MENTION=73591]JAFO[/MENTION] ?!?!?!? lol

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
If it makes you feel any better I'm not originally from Nebraska. I'm originally from Iowa/Georgia.

I was just giving [MENTION=73591]JAFO[/MENTION] shit, I think he now owes me about tree fiddy...