• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"The Official Planet Ocean Club"

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
heHRn8.jpeg

EuroDriver

Getting To Know The Place
16/8/24
Hello everyone, I'll soon be a member of your club - I have a VSF PO 43.5 on the way and can't wait for it to arrive. While I wait, I'm hoping someone can answer a couple of questions about the VSF 43.5mm PO since I posted the question in a different thread and got no responses.

How good/bad is the VSF bracelet on its own two feet or compared to the gen bracelet?
Will a gen bracelet fit on the VSF case? If it fits, is it worth getting a gen bracelet, or is everyone satisfied with the VSF version?

I'd like to get a head start on sourcing a gen bracelet if it's worth the cost vs benefit, depending on your input.

I look forward to your feedback and to posting my own PO in the near future.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Hello everyone, I'll soon be a member of your club - I have a VSF PO 43.5 on the way and can't wait for it to arrive. While I wait, I'm hoping someone can answer a couple of questions about the VSF 43.5mm PO since I posted the question in a different thread and got no responses.

How good/bad is the VSF bracelet on its own two feet or compared to the gen bracelet?
Will a gen bracelet fit on the VSF case? If it fits, is it worth getting a gen bracelet, or is everyone satisfied with the VSF version?

I'd like to get a head start on sourcing a gen bracelet if it's worth the cost vs benefit, depending on your input.

I look forward to your feedback and to posting my own PO in the near future.
From what I can find:
The VSF bracelet for this model is reportedly good quality. Not gen level though.
This VSF will apparently accept a genuine bracelet.
Gen is gen, and always better than rep.
Is it worth the cost? Only you can answer that one.

Last edited:

EuroDriver

16/8/24
From what I can find:
The VSF bracelet for this model is reportedly good quality. Not gen level though.
This VSF will apparently accept a genuine bracelet.
Gen is gen, and always better than rep.
Is it worth the cost? Only you can answer that one.
Thanks for the info. I'm very picky about my bracelets and it seems that the VSF bracelet is not quite on par, so I'll just start my hunt for a gen. This helped a lot - thanks again.

Reactions: SS72

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
I think high level replica bracelets are pretty much good enough in terms of price per dollar value compared to gen. They always need some love such when you receive them, such as ultrasonic cleaning, then reassembly with a tiny bit of non toxic dry lube for bicycle chains.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I finally decided against wearing any 43.5 PO when I realized that the bezel is pretty sub-par against the gen. Pity.

EuroDriver

16/8/24
I finally decided against wearing any 43.5 PO when I realized that the bezel is pretty sub-par against the gen. Pity.
My TD worked really hard at finding me a 43.5 PO from VSF with a "liquidmetal" bezel but ultimately reported they are not available. I'll just have to wait and see if I can live with it, or if by some miracle I can source a gen bezel down the road.

Reactions: leo6929

MrZaha

Known Member
27/5/22
My TD worked really hard at finding me a 43.5 PO from VSF with a "liquidmetal" bezel but ultimately reported they are not available. I'll just have to wait and see if I can live with it, or if by some miracle I can source a gen bezel down the road.
You talking about these ones?

EuroDriver

16/8/24
You talking about these ones?

Yeah, those have the gen looking bezels but they are the older, 42mm POs. I had a gen 42mm PO LMLE but it was very uncomfortable - the lugs would dig into my wrist bone so I opted for the 43.5mm and thus I'm SOL on the nicer bezel

Reactions: leo6929