• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"The Official Planet Ocean Club"

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
My current quest is to find another 42mm 2201.50.00 and a 2201.51.00. Unless I want to buy pre-owned gens through Chrono24, etc., or someone posts in M2M, my quest could be a long one.

This was a bloody bargain!

Not easy ones to find at the moment except in gen :(

Hindsight is a great thing, I sold all of mine.

Reactions: SS72

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
a little afraid for the problems of crowns (I will surely not be able to repair if it fails)
I have no idea what the new ones are like. VSF was always the poor relation of Noob back in my day, More detail but less reliable mainly because they used Myiota 8215s with Deco plates. I am sure that has changed, I know the movements have. I have a few OMFs and have had issues with them too, mainly poor lubrication. Crowns are always an issue with seamasters whether they are VSF, Noob or gen. You used to be able to pick up a gen crown on cousinsuk for £19.99 but that day is over and they are still fighting a loosing battle with the Swatch Group. AliExpress still sells rep crowns. You just have to know the dimensions.

Last edited:

Jeanbob

Horology Curious
30/5/24
Thank you for your quick answers :)
It's true that the movements have evolved but this crown problem really seems to be present on VSF. I'll probably wait to see if anyone has any other advice to give me before buying, or maybe I could ask the question on a more specific section.

FredBloggs46

Horology Curious
24/6/24
Hi, just received my QC pictures for a new LMPO Noob V12 and see that the rate is +/- 15s/d

Would you consider this acceptable as I have read the below,
great : +/- 5 s/d
acceptable : +/- 12 s/d

Thanks, happy to post other QC pics if interested but to my eye all looks OK.

Reactions: C Master

SS72

WTB 2201.50.00
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Hi, just received my QC pictures for a new LMPO Noob V12 and see that the rate is +/- 15s/d

Would you consider this acceptable as I have read the below,
great : +/- 5 s/d
acceptable : +/- 12 s/d

Thanks, happy to post other QC pics if interested but to my eye all looks OK.
Yes I would. It's going to change anyway.

Focus on the rest of the watch and make sure you're happy with it. The movement can always be regulated easily enough.

FredBloggs46

Horology Curious
24/6/24
Yes I would. It's going to change anyway.

Focus on the rest of the watch and make sure you're happy with it. The movement can always be regulated easily enough.
Thanks SS72, I have asked them if they can regulate it for me. The rest of the QC pics look good so hopefully I am one of the lucky ones to get their hands on a v12.

FredBloggs46

Horology Curious
24/6/24
Picked it up from Puretime. Just enquire about stock before placing an order. Transaction was very easy with daily updates.

SS72

WTB 2201.50.00
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
KJw8yW.jpeg

KJMzWi.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: C Master

oldtools

Renowned Member
14/6/11
Arrived this morning, awaiting watch smith toolset so that I can resize it. Noob LMPO v12, as far as can see it's an excellent rep. Compare to a gen the lume colour is off but there ain't much else that is. Very impressed with my first proper rep 👍🏻
Beautiful!
Looks gen!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
My second favourite of all my watches. Noob LMPO V2, with ETA, gen crown (2nd new crown), V1 dial. Case refinished to make it waterproof, second hand repainted. Noob CrPO bracelet with LMPO endlinks.