• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"The Official Planet Ocean Club"

EuroDriver

Getting To Know The Place
16/8/24
I finally joined the club! My VSF 43.5mm PO arrived yesterday.
Now you might say the bracelet looks odd. Yup, it's a spare gen Speedy Racing bracelet that I had left over.

I had to install it because as soon as my PO arrived yesterday, I slapped it on my wrist and went out to dinner with a friend. While there, I suddenly felt the watch go loose and by some miracle, I managed to catch it as it slid off my wrist. A screw and pin came out. Now I have to figure out where to source a pin and screw to put it back together.

For the few hours I was able to wear it, I was quite impressed with the VSF bracelet - very close to gen. The only thing I noticed is that it is a hair shaper on the edges but I was liking it enough to hold off on buying a gen bracelet.

If someone can point me to where to source a pin and scre9, I'd appreciate it.

• Love
Reactions: C Master

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I finally joined the club! My VSF 43.5mm PO arrived yesterday.
Now you might say the bracelet looks odd. Yup, it's a spare gen Speedy Racing bracelet that I had left over.

I had to install it because as soon as my PO arrived yesterday, I slapped it on my wrist and went out to dinner with a friend. While there, I suddenly felt the watch go loose and by some miracle, I managed to catch it as it slid off my wrist. A screw and pin came out. Now I have to figure out where to source a pin and screw to put it back together.

For the few hours I was able to wear it, I was quite impressed with the VSF bracelet - very close to gen. The only thing I noticed is that it is a hair shaper on the edges but I was liking it enough to hold off on buying a gen bracelet.

If someone can point me to where to source a pin and scre9, I'd appreciate it.

You might be lucky on AliExpress. I have no spares for the ceramics unfortunately. The ceramics are all pins and screws on both ends. Those little screws can get loose. They are always worth checking with a 1.2mm screwdriver.

MrZaha

Known Member
27/5/22
Yeah, those have the gen looking bezels but they are the older, 42mm POs. I had a gen 42mm PO LMLE but it was very uncomfortable - the lugs would dig into my wrist bone so I opted for the 43.5mm and thus I'm SOL on the nicer bezel
Well the only other liquid metal bezel vsf did was the 39mm version of the planet ocean u just bought. Still dont get why they cant make em all like this.

EuroDriver

16/8/24
Well the only other liquid metal bezel vsf did was the 39mm version of the planet ocean u just bought. Still dont get why they cant make em all like this.

That is gorgeous! I'm jealous. Unfortunately, it's not an option for me thanks to my 8.5 inch wrist.

EuroDriver

16/8/24
Sorry, I hit send before I finished typing, and there's no edit option here. My TD spent a few days trying to source me a 43.5mm with liquidmetal bracelet. He believed in good faith that it was available but based on what I have read, it was never an option for the 43.5mm version.

My hunch is that by the time they started producing reps of the 43.5mm version, it was no longer cost effective for them.