• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"The deep web"

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Mendota, thank you for the information and taking the time to look into it and the tin foil hat crowd remark is hilarious.:hehehe:

He he, no problem. One of the articles I read said there are over $1 billion currently deposited in Bitcoin. In fact, when the maelstrom with Cyprus was reaching it's fury, deposits into Bitcoin exploded through the roof because nobody trusts the Cyprus banking system anymore. Some companies are only accepting Bitcoin now - no credit cards or PayPal. The article didn't say which companies, though.

D

d4m.test

TBH I'm surprised we have not seen a TD accepting BC as yet.
We may well be accepting it here for VIP/raffles sooner or later.

Problem is the hoarders are making it hard to get your hands on bitcoins.

Although I haven't made to many purchases yet, I can say I'd certainly make use of of a BC option if it was available.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

smokiedabong

22/8/12
This would've been an easy way to make $200.000 in the last month by investing $20.000 in bitcoins. In the last year the BC value raised slow but steady, in the last month since the media started covering it it jumped from $20 to $140. I'm curious to see how much the prices will drop when all the speculators panic when another wallet is hacked. Reminds me of those guys making over $12 million a year by owning virtual land in the Second Life video game.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Brother, I know I've said this before but your avatar is F'ing hilarious.:hehehe:

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
__deep_web_by_mahfreire-d5wvh69.jpg

all you need to know about the deep web without going there:
http://www.businessinsider.com/tor-silk-road-deep-web-2013-3?op=1

arcadia

11/8/11
Seems to me that it is just accessing people's networks and servers that are connected online, just like any other part of the web, right? So technically, there is no such thing as a deep web. There is only one web and it's just a matter of how protected and private something happens to be. The more shady OR secure it is, the more protected and private it is, and the more difficult it is to view or access the information without the proper clearance.

This is technically correct. It is how one accesses the unsearchable links given to him for a particular purpose that the web becomes 'deep'.

cg-tuned

20/5/10
I was pretty bored last night and was able to get on. I made it to the hidden wiki links and that was more then enough to give you a creepy feeling so I just closed it. Don't know how to search and didn't want to click any random links and see something I'd regret.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
Did you have to use that browser called Tor?

KBH's article was really interesting. I had no idea all of that stuff was out there. There was an analogy that really made sense. When surfing online with Google or yahoo or Ask.com, imagine you are casting a big net out onto the ocean floor. This net has large holes in it. As you pull the net across the bottom you capture a lot of stuff, but tons more stuff just passes through the holes in the net. The program called "Tor" closes those holes and digs deeper into the mud to capture much more stuff. It's also secure and private.

Some of that stuff worries me, though. I have to believe that the NSA, FBI, CIA, and countless other agencies are monitoring that traffic. I mean hitmen for hire? You have to think that if we know about this, they certainly do. If major news media outlets are publishing articles about assassins and hitmen, drugs, prostitution, illegal medical experiments on UNWILLING participants, then these agencies have to know about it. They can sign up for Tor just as easily as we can...

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Of course they would know about it. Anonymity in searching is the key. As the article says, even the military uses the deep web and TOR, or at least their version of it.

Apparently, if you use all the suggestions made when signing up for TOR, you are truly invisible, untraceable, and untrackable. It's all beyond my comprehension when you get into that kind of surfing and the required settings.

cg-tuned

20/5/10
I downloaded tor browser on to my Mac and a plug in for Firefox and it works great just really slow. I read the links some are confusing and some legit sound like they will throw you in jail for even looking so I closed it and went back to the top of the ocean lol

Sent from my iPhone 5

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I downloaded tor browser on to my Mac and a plug in for Firefox lol

Sent from my iPhone 5

You didn't read the part about not using plug-ins? Expect the black helicopters over head any time now.

Fez

Renowned Member
17/5/11
Dont just go doing this without knowing what your doing.. just a FYI.

click on the wrong things you'll get hacked to near death, and always put tape over your webcam.. even if you think your going down the happy path.

The deep web will always be slow

smokiedabong

22/8/12
97VP

Even for mild stuff like downloading torrents from private trackers I'm redirecting the traffic thru some remote servers in the middle of nowhere that don't keep logs using SSL encrypted tunnel. Most of the the privacy VPN and proxy server providers do keep a log, good luck navigating anonymously using a Firefox plug-in.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
This shit is to complicated, I'm going back to using smoke signals, LOL.

cg-tuned

20/5/10
Dont just go doing this without knowing what your doing.. just a FYI.

click on the wrong things you'll get hacked to near death, and always put tape over your webcam.. even if you think your going down the happy path.

The deep web will always be slow

I pretty much got on to the hidden wiki page scrolled down read the links and decided it wasn't for me so I closed it. I downloaded the plug in but never used it I just used the tor browser. I don't know how to even search for stuff and I just can't think of anything I'd want to see that I can't find on google, was just curious and had to see if this was for real. I don't want to get hacked or def don't want no swat team kicking down my door so ill stay away.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
So even if you are just curious and you click on a link you can get in serious trouble? In that case I would have to say that curiosity indeed killed the cat.

No thank you...