• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The dedicated 5513 appreciation thread.

W124E

Known Member
16/5/19
I've been quiet here lately, but I've been spending time with my latest, this 5513.
vEXs.jpg

The rundown:

Cartel base; case reshaped and original build by d4v3
Movement serviced by katt
Refinished Meters-First Singer dial from eBay
Aftermarket 16610-style bezel insert (I think this was sent by accident from the seller, but I like the way it looks)
Yuki stretch 7206 bracelet dated 3/66 and re-worked by yodog (bought from thom.son )

I wanted this watch to look like a '67-early '70s 5513 that would be my introduction to the 'ol Sub club. Turns out I like it way more than I thought I would. To me, it looks like it belonged to a stubborn old guy who kept wearing and servicing the damn thing long after it became too valuable to wear it as much as he did. I seriously love this watch.

Last edited:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Awesome.

I really like the dial with metal rims around the hour markers. Is it a rep dial and what about the rest of the watch?

I’m seriously considering to have tripdog build a 5513 for me.

Trippy built this one :) They are white gold markers if I remember correctly.

Here you go:
Cartel V2 case thinned, reshaped / chamfered, drilled, brushed and polished.
-Bezel teeth all worked on and polished, Bezel functions like Gen (push down and turn)
-Rolex transitional gloss tritium dial with white gold markers.
-Rolex plexi
-Rolex Insert
-Rolex 703 Crown
-Matching tritium hands.
-Low Beat non hacking ETA
I have a Yuki modded Rivet for it too with a gen clasp :) It is worth more than most of my watches lol.

Reactions: tripdog and xartan

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Awesome.

I really like the dial with metal rims around the hour markers. Is it a rep dial and what about the rest of the watch?

I’m seriously considering to have tripdog build a 5513 for me.
No rep version of the white gold surrounds so its has to be gen.

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Reactions: xartan

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Trippy built this one :) They are white gold markers if I remember correctly.

Here you go:
Cartel V2 case thinned, reshaped / chamfered, drilled, brushed and polished.
-Bezel teeth all worked on and polished, Bezel functions like Gen (push down and turn)
-Rolex transitional gloss tritium dial with white gold markers.
-Rolex plexi
-Rolex Insert
-Rolex 703 Crown
-Matching tritium hands.
-Low Beat non hacking ETA
I have a Yuki modded Rivet for it too with a gen clasp :) It is worth more than most of my watches lol.

Yeah it can’t have been cheap but the outcome is stunning.

I can already tell that this will probably cost me an arm lol.

Fukaru

Known Member
26/11/18
C Master I really like your build, looks gorgeus. Where did you find the dial? Ican‘t find one like this, just the vintage ones from yuki, raffles, helenarou etc. And of course the newer ones for 16610 but not for the later 5513.

I built the following one, was my first build but now I think aging gone to far. PCG is cool but would like to build also a classic ones as yours.
I already relumed it but don‘t have newer pictures.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nur-Uhr

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
C Master I really like your build, looks gorgeus. Where did you find the dial? Ican‘t find one like this, just the vintage ones from yuki, raffles, helenarou etc. And of course the newer ones for 16610 but not for the later 5513.

I built the following one, was my first build but now I think aging gone to far. PCG is cool but would like to build also a classic ones as yours.
I already relumed it but don‘t have newer pictures.

I was lucky tripdog had built this already. It was his.He knew I was on the look out for a really good 5513 and he sold this one to me. I did not have to source anything. I have been down that road many times amd it causes a lot of headaches.

The beauty of a vintage piece is you can go overboard on aging and get away with it :) I think that one looks good as is.