• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Daily (Cigar) Report. What did you Smoke Last Night?

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
Was out running errands and decided to give this stick a try...

Gurkha Symphony (Apologies for the shoddy iPhone pics)

15503132-154

15503133-cfc

Initial draws were dry and woodsy. Primary flavors are cedar and some minor hints of cinnamon like spice and a creamy finish. The smooth creaminess continues and I picked up a slight sweetness here and there. Burn was good but a little uneven given the cigars toothy Connecticut wrap. As I approached the nub, the flavors changed to notes of burnt wood. Leaning towards medium in body. A fair amount of vitamin "N" in this one.

Glt9007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/11
Romeo Y Julieta 1875 Bully:

The Romeo y Julieta 1875 cigar has a beautiful Indonesian Shade Grown wrapper that surrounds a classic Dominican binder and a blend of Dominican long fillers. Romeo y Julieta 1875 cigars burn with a characteristic white ash, providing a smooth, mellow taste with medium body. Draw is excellent on this 7 month humidor resident.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Tats, rock! Glad you hooked up on that pig.

Smoking a diesel unholy cocktail tonight with a mint julip. More jd than mint but what the hey.

I picked up a box for the second time in about a year. Still the same strong cup of Joe, smoked almonds, azure blue smoke and pepper. Its like a drill Sargent who looked away when you were eyeing the generals' daughter. These dont disappoint.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Agreed, R2. I had a Diesel on vacation a moth ago and loved it. Solidly built and burned nice and slow...an hour and a half almost, which was impressive given the short (5.5"?) vitola.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I like the Torpedo 5X56. I also got a 10 pack of the shorties free with the box when I ordered the box from cigarsinternational.

IMG_20110816_070726.jpg

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I thought I'd give this Pepin I've been hangin on to for a while a go while at the cabin this weekend. What can I say, another disappointment. :(

Some other Pepin lines I've tried have been fantastic. This smoke was full of dry and hot favors even though it's been at 70 & 70 for over a year. Although this suggests poor construction, this cigar is simply beautiful!

One note on this, I have to thank you for this review as this one I wanted to try but had a funny feeling about. Staying with my go to's on the Pepin side.

Anyhoo Rockey Patel, Decades, I have found, are quite good. They are including them in a name your price deal on cigar monster. Expires this evening. I am not going to offer because I bought a years supply. Almost 400 in one month. Wifey not happy. :( Me: "But honey, this is a 12 month supply." Her: "Did you get a good deal on them?" "How bout a heads up when you spend that much out of our account?" Ooops. :)

http://www.cigarmonster.com/nameyourprice.cfm

pmwc78

2/2/10
New to cigars but I'm leaning toward med-full flavored. Trying this tonight.

cao001.jpg

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Mx2 is a good smoke. Double-maduro wrapper makes for an interesting flavor profile. Lx2 is worth a shot too if you don't mind them more full-bodied. Brazilia Gol! has a ton of spice and is a favorite of mine...cheap for a box too, around $80. CAO ust has good stuff all around.

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
La Herencia Cubana by A.J. Fernandez

Once lit, the initial flavor is a pepper blast! The pepper bomb dies down a bit in the first 1/3 but is still apparent in the foreground. What follows are very subtle and mellow flavors, somewhat creamy, medium bodied with a nutty sweetness. That slight hint of sweetness continues with more earthy/leathery flavors. Smoked this one to the nub. The smoke billows very nicely. The draw is excellent. The burn is a bit wavy but I touched it up just fine. Could be due to the fact that it was fresh from the rather beautiful box these come in. For $3 a stick, this is a fantastic smoke.

15543550-bca

15543555-acc

15543570-590

Glt9007

11/8/11
La Floridita Ltd Edition 5X60

Another peppery starting stick. Excellent build and appearance, tons of smoke, super draw. Earthy hints 1/3rd through. Did not hold it's ash well dropping about every inch.

Paired very well with the Michelob AmberBock....

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Love the Nub series! I have yet to try a Cain Nub, which is a cross of two of my current favs.

Glt9007

11/8/11
A guy gave me a Cain series while on a trip and it was pretty good. Had a few drinks that night so the real taste of it was tainted.

Tonight, while grilling is the La Floridita Fuerte 5X50.

La Floridita Fuerte
Country of origin: HONDURAS

"La Floridita Fuerte cigars are arguably the most flavorful La Floriditas yet! This hearty, medium to full-bodied blend is handcrafted in Honduras by Nestor Plasencia with a rich-tasting core of Nicaraguan & Honduran Habano longfillers bound in a sweet Nicaraguan Jalapa Habano leaf, then seamlessly rolled in a savory Habano Viso wrapper. Each La Floridita Fuerte cigar offers thick, creamy smoke brimming with dark, woody flavors and sweet spicy notes with a captivating aroma. Another MUST-SMOKE, only @Famous!"

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
My new favorite Connecticut...

Man O' War Virtue

The mildest of the Man O' War line. A. J. Fernandez blends a little more seco and viso leaves along with his famous ligero in this one. The wrap is a limited Ecuadorian-grown Connecticut leaf cultivated in 2002. Incredibly smooth, woodsy, with a pronounced creamy sweetness. The cigar builds on this through each third with just enough undertone of pepper to give it that "Man O' War" flavor. The ligero in the filler provides a medium body and the perfect amount of punch, however, the finish was surprisingly mellow.

This stick was very well constructed and produced volumes of blue/grey smoke but it didn't have the razor burn I expected from an A. J. Fernandez cigar. I did add some distilled water to my humidor just last week. With the unseasonably high temps we've had in the Northwest (90's), I'll accredit that to the slightly uneven burn.

Absolutely delicious. Smoked this one to the nub. :thumbsup:

15680423-8d8

15680425-d62

15680428-3a0

15680430-f94

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
I have my eyes on a "Tatuaje Black" and will enjoy it after work. The last Black blew my mind... Highly recommend the Tatuaje line, no matter which one you get your hands on.

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
I am back in AZ, and this morning's cigar was a Non Cuban(I know it's unusual hehe). Yes, I brought an Oliva Serie V with some Cubans I will be enjoying this week. Enjoy the pics:

img20110920115258.jpg

img20110920121616.jpg

img20110920122831.jpg

img20110920124643.jpg

tflgee

1/9/09
My new favorite Connecticut...

Man O' War Virtue

The mildest of the Man O' War line. A

Yes, I like those too. I had another nice mild stick this evening, the Gurka Beauty. I think I will be buying a few more of these.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Yes, I like those too. I had another nice mild stick this evening, the Gurka Beauty. I think I will be buying a few more of these.

I've got one of those in the humi that the wifey gave me on our first xmas 4 years ago...planning on lighting it up on our wedding night. It's going to be epic :thumbsup: