• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Best Base Panerai reps vs gens- Davidsen does it again!

nielsen

I'm Pretty Popular
22/1/08
Spent a wonderful 1/2 hour in a watch shop at Heathrow airport last week, showing off my Davidsen 112 to the dealer, who was a PAM expert and owner and all-round watch enthusiast. He declared it the best replica he had ever seen. As far as he was concerned, the only way to tell was close scrutiny of the movement. Viewed from the top side he declared it indistinguishable from the gen. I did have to send mine to Vac for movement cleaning after a few months of ownership, but I still think it is my favorite of my (very small) collection. Simply beautifully made. I've also had wonderful service from Davidsen and did not hesitate to buy a second PAM from him: the 056 destro. I don't think I like it as well as the 112, but that's a personal thing; nothing against DSN.

pdnb

13/9/08
thinking of getting a Davidsen 183. Does he sell reps or just no name homages? Does anyone worry about warranty? Granted it seems his price is little less than 10% of Gen price, but I wouldn't want the rep/homage to stop working after a year. Any thoughts on quality and paying through western union? Thanks and take care. Great review.

2sammyman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/10/08
as a newb, i'm still learning so forgive the question if it's a well known answer...

regarding waterproofing on the panerai reps, the originals were originally divers watches so i would think they are first class in that department. are the reps anywhere close to that? i had heard one thing you never want to do with a rep is get it wet.

thanks

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
2sammyman said:
as a newb, i'm still learning so forgive the question if it's a well known answer...

regarding waterproofing on the panerai reps, the originals were originally divers watches so i would think they are first class in that department. are the reps anywhere close to that? i had heard one thing you never want to do with a rep is get it wet.

thanks

you can make ur rep pretty water resistant .. even 'water proof'
many ppl here go swimming w/ their reps.
For me however.. a rep is a rep and though I love my watches I treat them like what they are - reps !
Personally I don't go swimming w/ my reps cuz if one became a paper weight I'd be wicked pissed.

just my .02 cents

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
If for some reason you really need to know what time it is while swimming, that is what gens are for. Even then I would opt for a Seiko.

2sammyman

31/10/08
i've always thought the safest place for my watch to be was on my wrist. that means if i jumped into the lake, got caught in a nyc rainstorm, or whatever.... i left it on. if it meant taking my watch off to keep it dry i wondered if it would be there when i wanted to put it on again.

just wondering how safe it is to get wet. not thinking of going diving in it.

sebes06

Looking Around
14/9/09
Congrats for this review! Very helpfull for a newbie like me.
I love the pam 210 but something is very disturbing on the rep one: All the markers are too centered compare to the gen.

Does anyone know if this flaw has benn corrected?

I prefer the 210, but with this flaw I will buy a 183 for sure.

Thx

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
I always bump and encourage these awesome reviews rich with pics and comparative ones are even better. Great job and good watches mate. Thanks for sharing.

niekieno

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/9/09
Now I am choosing DSN as the only dealeer for Panerai :)

ck6459

11/9/10
Thanks for the fantastic review and comparison, learnt a lot from you

vipn2u

Horology Curious
15/7/12
Amazing review, thank you very much!
Can someone tell me how I can get a hold of Davidsens and see his watches/site?

thanks

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
Amazing review, thank you very much!
Can someone tell me how I can get a hold of Davidsens and see his watches/site?

thanks

You do realize you have "bumped" a 5 year old thread?!?!?
No offense, DSN still makes beautiful watches, but for the base models go for an N or H factory model.

You can find DSN (davidsan) along with other trusted dealers in our Trusted Dealers section.

BTW, just looking at this awesome review from 2007, its so nice to see that reps have come a looooooong way;)

Turboawd

6/1/12
You do realize you have "bumped" a 5 year old thread?!?!?
No offense, DSN still makes beautiful watches, but for the base models go for an N or H factory model.

You can find DSN (davidsan) along with other trusted dealers in our Trusted Dealers section.

BTW, just looking at this awesome review from 2007, its so nice to see that reps have come a looooooong way;)

But for a rep 210 I think Davidsen is the only high quality option out there...am I right? I've searched quite a bit and really couldn't find any good 210 reps other than his...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2