• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need genuine watch suggestions - under $2,000

G

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/10
I would like some suggestions for a brand new, genuine automatic that can be had for under $2,000. Are there any Breitlings, IWCs, or Omegas in this range?

Targa

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/10
I love my Omega Seamaster Chrono TITANIUM, Its tough as nails ..never had a problem with it, finding one can be difficult (sometimes on the Bay) I dont know if the Titanium model was ever repped so it may be a "safe choice" Certainly there are many on this forum with more knowledge than I ...

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
not to sure you will get an automatic breitling in that range, but you will definatly get a quartz one

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
I have this ML with the silver face, but this reminds me of an A Lange & Sohne. Has the retro day complication, which I think just looks cool. The price for this is AMAZING, but I think you need to use this specific link.
Cost at the time of this post is $1799. way cheap.
http://www.worldofwatches.com/detail.asp?bo_products_id=&bo_products_variance_id=75763&rid=E072110P-MWM3
mauricelacroix_joursretrograde.html
MP6358-SS001-31E%28G%29.jpg

pop_prodDetail.asp

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Breitling Superocean
or
Omega Seamaster

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Mmmmhhh... I think my Breitling Colt GMT (auto) and my Omega Speedy moon watch (manual wind) were around that price range when bought used. I got the Colt because I wanted a GMT that looked a bit like the SFSO. And I got the moon watch because, well, no collection is complete without it. :) IMO, both are great watches at about that price point.

PS: Ooops... Just noticed you said "brand new". Then I'd go for the Colt if you like the look and can find it at that price. Or perhaps have a look at the Omega seamasters... BTW, why does it have to be new?

Personicus

24/4/10
If you are willing to buy one used...

Rolex Datejust, to me it's the classiest watch a man can own.

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
Longines Legend Diver.. Hamilton or if you like IWC spend the money and have Concepta build you a rep with a gen movement and other gen parts.

Para

Renowned Member
24/10/08
Breitling Superocean
or
Omega Seamaster

... x2!

p.s. Personicus: I have one Rolex gen... a DJ, the original (not-for diving) sportsman watch... couldn't agree more!

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
If you have big wrists, an Oris might be just the thing. They are available for well under your upper limit. Omega Seamaster Pro is also a superb watch for your range.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
If you have big wrists, an Oris might be just the thing. They are available for well under your upper limit. Omega Seamaster Pro is also a superb watch for your range.

Good call. ORIS are great value watches. Check out the Big Crown Chronograph for example... it's a stunning watch and well within your price range. Also, there's no rep of it, so if you like the design, the gen is the only way to go.

67475674064MB.jpg

Another great niche watchmaker is Eberhard. They make some beautiful watches, such as this one:

TN%20BR%20R31030.jpg

SMIDSY

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/9/09
Bell and Ross SS Br03-92 all the way

JC7

15/6/10
Good call. ORIS are great value watches. Check out the Big Crown Chronograph for example... it's a stunning watch and well within your price range. Also, there's no rep of it, so if you like the design, the gen is the only way to go.

67475674064MB.jpg

I never realized how the dial on that Oris is similar to the Spitfire.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Hamilton, Longines and Oris are all good sources for good values, IMO.

You might reconsider the "new" requirement. There are many watches out there for a serious discount from full AD price. Breitling (SOSF) and Omega (PO) are in reach if you look around.

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Bell and Ross SS Br03-92 all the way
Doesn't that one go for waaaaay over $2,000?

If automatic is not a must how about a Tag Formula 1 Big Date? It looks pretty cool. There are also automatic F1's that are quite decent and go well under 2 grand. That one is about $1,000

basel_image.610856.jpg

SMIDSY

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/9/09
$2K = £1200? I just saw one for $2300 from an AD... I assume second hand or with some haggling you'd get it down =) The same AD had a BR01 for 100 bucks more and it was the heritige o_O

prelude

Renowned Member
6/6/09
USA
Depend on what are you going to do with watch. If you wear for everything including exercise and work out then nothing beat the Breitling SOSF but Oris TT3 series are close. If you want to wear to work and dressy looking I think Maurice Lacroix is classy watch. I have masterchrono get compliment all the time. My 2 cents.

G

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/10
I'm not the kind of guy that wears my watch literally all the time. I see no point to wearing a watch at home, or (if it is expensive) wearing it while playing sports and such. I wear a watch every time I leave the house. It should be able to fit any situation, be it dress, casual, etc. I am thin but my bones are very thick so I prefer a watch with a larger diameter, the bigger the better. I like to feel a little weight. The watch should be new and automatic with a well-acclaimed movement. I want the strap to be whatever goes best with the watch itself, be it metal, rubber, or leather/croc. I prefer a watch from the highest tier company that can fit my budget, hopefully something like Breitling or Omega.

JC7

15/6/10
yessir massa.. i'll keep ona lookin' a find u a watch.

:biglaugh: