• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The AP questions thread (All the questions you want to ask about AP but were afraid to)

kadakn01

Known Member
28/6/09
Just got a AP15500 and unlike the 15400 the bezel doesn't seem to come off? I am trying to clean the dial as quite a bit of dust, but can't seem to figure out how to remove the crown as there is no button press to remove the stem. Do I need to remove the fake movement plates to get access as this is a miyota.

phone

Supporter
Certified
13/8/16
Thank you. I suspect that the long answer involves cutting dial feet and mods to make it fit that are far beyond my knowledge?
cutting dial feet at a minimum yes, unfortunately i suspect that both thickness and diameter of the gen dial will differ from your rep and that can be incredibly troublesome.

Reactions: daytonadude

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thank you. I suspect that the long answer involves cutting dial feet and mods to make it fit that are far beyond my knowledge?
Not really. There is no mythical secret to fitting the gen 67650 dial onto the rep base. The dial feet will need to be clipped and the dial aligned properly to the movement and datewheel. I’ve done a couple before. It’s possible but some work is involved.

cotti-rottie

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
1/4/23
uk
hi everyone…. i’m on the hunt for a chronopassion, been told they are no longer available, does anyone know any different or have one they would like to sell? any info much appreciated

jonathanw

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/15
Hi all,
I bought an AP "End of Days" from m2m section, mine has the A7750 with non secs@12 mod, but with regular running secs@9.. I know back in the days the Chinese mod this with transfer gears to take secs @9 to @12. This mod was a time bomb and then with time some modders/WSs came up with a jewel mod, making it more robust. Nowadays I don't know what Chinese factories use but afaik new movements with secs@12 are somewhat more reliable.
Does anyone know what they actually do with these movements nowadays? also, if I'd like to replace my A7750 with secs@9 to a secs@12 one where can I buy it from? I'd try to use a local WS to perform the swap.
thank you all for reading!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi all,
I bought an AP "End of Days" from m2m section, mine has the A7750 with non secs@12 mod, but with regular running secs@9.. I know back in the days the Chinese mod this with transfer gears to take secs @9 to @12. This mod was a time bomb and then with time some modders/WSs came up with a jewel mod, making it more robust. Nowadays I don't know what Chinese factories use but afaik new movements with secs@12 are somewhat more reliable.
Does anyone know what they actually do with these movements nowadays? also, if I'd like to replace my A7750 with secs@9 to a secs@12 one where can I buy it from? I'd try to use a local WS to perform the swap.
thank you all for reading!
If so, you will may also need a new dial, I am not sure if the sec@9 dial and the sec@12 ones are the same in terms of subdial details.

jonathanw

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/15
Thank you, "end of day"s are very hard to find, no way to find a different dial for mine then.

ApIcedOutt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/6/19
stupid question yes.
but as is who's the best replica compare to gen? 15500 or 15510? or is it the 15400?
also in terms of factory who's done it better Zf or asps? I hear mix answers about that matter..

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
stupid question yes.
but as is who's the best replica compare to gen? 15500 or 15510? or is it the 15400?
also in terms of factory who's done it better Zf or asps? I hear mix answers about that matter..
I will rate the APSF or ZF 15500 replica over the 15400 or 15510. For a more detailed reply please read the relevant threads

Reactions: Allure