• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The AP questions thread (All the questions you want to ask about AP but were afraid to)

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
I think my answer was clear enough. The V2 was updated with the datewheel and cyclop to look more accurate. I do not find it meaningful to describe the detail differences between the two.
If you want, you can just google "JF AP ROO" and add variations of V1 and V2 and see the difference for yourself. Expand the search beyond RWI. What you see will be a lot more meaningful than what I can describe.

I’ve managed to track down what I think is a relative comparison. Subtle differences in the cyclops magnification and the text/ font on date wheel is more obvious.

V2 of the ROO Chrono is top and V1 is the bottom pic.

I’m guessing that also as part of the differences the crown and pushers changed from rubber coated in V1 to ceramic in V2.

This is entirely guesswork on my behalf as there is no specific reference to a ROO Dark knight V1 anywhere.

zoZ3cQ.png

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I’ve managed to track down what I think is a relative comparison. Subtle differences in the cyclops magnification and the text/ font on date wheel is more obvious.

V2 of the ROO Chrono is top and V1 is the bottom pic.

I’m guessing that also as part of the differences the crown and pushers changed from rubber coated in V1 to ceramic in V2.

This is entirely guesswork on my behalf as there is no specific reference to a ROO Dark knight V1 anywhere.
The 26470 reps have always come with ceramic pushers and crown from V1 onward.
The one below is a V1 but it is a different model, and comes with rubber pushers and crown. Don't confuse the two. Both are correct with regard to their pushers/crown composition and have nothing to do with versions.

Reactions: Allure

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Is there a good DIY guide (pictures or video) on how to fix this? Not being lazy, I have searched (Forum, Google, YouTube, etc…..). Thanks in advance for any help:)
zOh0c5.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Is there a good DIY guide (pictures or video) on how to fix this? Not being lazy, I have searched (Forum, Google, YouTube, etc…..). Thanks in advance for any help:)
zOh0c5.jpg
You can adjust this by loosening/opening up the caseback and adjusting the specific bezel screw. They are connected.

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
You can adjust this by loosening/opening up the caseback and adjusting the specific bezel screw. They are connected.
Worried about screwdriver on bezel,case back. Cellotape on screwdriver or is there a specific coated one recommended to use?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Firstly you do not ever use the screwdriver on the bezel screws. They are technical decorative bolts meant to emulate screw heads.

Second, these are reps you are talking about. I work on my gens without such undue concerns. And without marring. Just use a screwdriver direct on the caseback screws and get it done. No need to fuss lol.

Reactions: Allure and g00n

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Firstly you do not ever use the screwdriver on the bezel screws. They are technical decorative bolts meant to emulate screw heads.

Second, these are reps you are talking about. I work on my gens without such undue concerns. And without marring. Just use a screwdriver direct on the caseback screws and get it done. No need to fuss lol.
robert deniro psychiatrist GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Feefo and legend

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
My favourite upgrade by far, I’m turning into a serial spammer…..
Sorry Matt Leblanc GIF

Reactions: legend

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
zOLAAW.jpg

Thanks for the help it now fits….
germany something GIF

Reactions: Feefo and legend

GJU

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/7/22
Hey!

Q: Is it still possible to buy a vintage Royal Oak for a good price?

My recent facination to Genta's work made me buy my first rep and discover RWI.
In parallel, i have tried to find out how to buy a vintage RO for a reasonnable price. But that seems impossible nowadays!

In the last few years prices got crazy for all types of collectibles.
It is proably fueled by the multitude of online platform giving easy access or Covid giving us time to dig for treasures.
For watches, the general demand is high, leading to waiting list and gray market speculations.
For AP, the 50th bday of the RO and the discontinuating of the 15202 also created some noise (the noise that made me look closer too).
Ok but i still want one! :)

Reference 4100:
In 2016 a GEN 4100st was sold at 6500euros on Catiwiki. Today any auction is more in the range of 25k to 30k! (5x in 5 years!)
Now even the old local shops are going mad and making up prices based on a quick look at Chrono24 inflated prices...
Questions:
- How would you dig for the grail watch at reasonable price?
- Do you think the 4100 prices are still going up? Or will the bubble explode soon?

Thanks for your comments

(Disclaimer: Sorry if the topic was already discussed at length in other place of the forum. I have search but did not find relevent info for the AP ROs)

watchlover1234!

20/8/22
After extensive research I wanted to confirm prior to ordering these are the best quality currently available!
Of course new watches come out so reading back through the forum what was the latest and greatest has been outdated.

I had my heart set on a rose gold AP chronograph but heard the gold wears off easily around the edges but i still want to get one regardless.
Shame the 3 and 9 dials are not working tho:

Does anyone know if the black dial is closer to Gen as opposed to the blue? Might sway my decision...

Also like the 26574 although the moon edge is not crisp like the original.

Is this the most accurate rep?

Wonder what the best AP rep is that has a metal bracelet as quite happy to switch to a different model on the advice of others.

Many thanks for your advice and guidance.

PAPA_WHALE

All a man needs is a good suit and a watch.
19/6/22
Is it possible to put a gen 15400 dial in a ZF 15500 rep, or would it require too much modification?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Is it possible to put a gen 15400 dial in a ZF 15500 rep, or would it require too much modification?
What is the purpose of doing so? The datewheel position of the 15400 dial and the 15500 movement (clone or miyota) will not line up.

PAPA_WHALE

All a man needs is a good suit and a watch.
19/6/22
What is the purpose of doing so? The datewheel position of the 15400 dial and the 15500 movement (clone or miyota) will not line up.
Understood. I asked this question because 15400 dials come on the market very often, but 15500 dials are rare.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Understood. I asked this question because 15400 dials come on the market very often, but 15500 dials are rare.
Well, I have sourced more than 10 15500 dials for members here in the past 6 months. If you are patient, you can find them.

watchlover1234!

20/8/22