• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 1016: The Under Appreciated Thread

steelman69

Getting To Know The Place
20/8/23
in the meantime you could just sand the edges of the crystal so that it resembles more of a domed crystal. quite easy to do , use a few grades of sandpaper and then some polishing cream aka poly watch or toothpaste and it will give you a new feel to the watch
I dont want the crystal in when i drill the lug holes.

steelman69

20/8/23
I am not very confident with my drilling skills,can i use a needle file to make the lug holes bigger?

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Patron
Certified
29/5/23
USA
I am not very confident with my drilling skills,can i use a needle file to make the lug holes bigger?
It will take longer, and you're risking making the holes off center, but if you're careful, it's doable.

Reactions: 369mafia

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada

you need to drill out the lug holes to 1.3mm I dont think you have a file that size do you? If you do , it will take you a while to do it. and getting them to match may be tricky. Its just easier to drill them out. The holes are already there. Its not too difficult to enlarge them with a drill and bits. start at 1.0 then 1.1 finish at 1.3mm

Contact @1016L He offers bezels and the correct size crystal to replace the glued in acrylic crystal and stock bezel no need to buy an entirely new case set

Reactions: Karbon74

steelman69

20/8/23
you need to drill out the lug holes to 1.3mm I dont think you have a file that size do you? If you do , it will take you a while to do it. and getting them to match may be tricky. Its just easier to drill them out. The holes are already there. Its not too difficult to enlarge them with a drill and bits. start at 1.0 then 1.1 finish at 1.3mm

Contact @1016L He offers bezels and the correct size crystal to replace the glued in acrylic crystal and stock bezel no need to buy an entirely new case set
I received his bezel today.
There is a massive drill press at work,i will give it a go.

Action_Jensen

Known Member
20/4/21
Hey Guys! Do you know if any of the sellers we use has a glowing luminova 1016 dial in the program? i am thinking of building a "serviced" 1016

Action_Jensen

Known Member
20/4/21

There are reamers that small (for gas ports of guns and such) but drilling is the easiest way i think

Action_Jensen

Known Member
20/4/21
Yeah I found one but as far as my research goes, every Superluminova service dial has the "Swiss-T <25" at the bottom of the dial. I also do not like the crown on that one too much.
First there will be a new case for me anyway. so some time to think about the second project :)

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Yeah I found one but as far as my research goes, every Superluminova service dial has the "Swiss-T <25" at the bottom of the dial. I also do not like the crown on that one too much.
First there will be a new case for me anyway. so some time to think about the second project :)

It’s time to up your reluming skills then 🤗

Reactions: Action_Jensen

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Yukis dial glow as well I believe

Reactions: Action_Jensen

WatchN3RD

I supported. Doesn't make me an expert!
Gold Patron
24/7/18
I received his bezel today.
There is a massive drill press at work,i will give it a go.
Just mentioning, if you haven't enlarged spring bar holes before, it's extremely easy to snap a drill bit if it's slightly off angle, the bit bites instead of drills, etc. It's not that it's THAT difficult, it's just too damn easy to snap a bit that small.

Just wanted to reiterate 369's advice about doing it in steps. It's not easy getting out a miniature broken drill bit. Take it slow, and good luck.

Reactions: 369mafia

steelman69

20/8/23
Just mentioning, if you haven't enlarged spring bar holes before, it's extremely easy to snap a drill bit if it's slightly off angle, the bit bites instead of drills, etc. It's not that it's THAT difficult, it's just too damn easy to snap a bit that small.

Just wanted to reiterate 369's advice about doing it in steps. It's not easy getting out a miniature broken drill bit. Take it slow, and good luck.
Thank you,i will take my time

1016_idiot_savant

Supporter
Certified
3/2/23
Denmark

For this reason I strongly recommend a cheap hand drill and a slow hand. A stand is nice to have but not a necessity.

steelman69

20/8/23
Will do,thanks.
On holiday next week so will try it out when i get back.
I have,ordered some drill bits that karbon used.