• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 1016: The Under Appreciated Thread

Action_Jensen

Known Member
20/4/21
Hi, guys!
I've just received my housing from Raffles
The lugs don't look so bad to my untrained eyes... I think I'll just sand off the top to get a more natural curve. What do you think?

Yeah you can do that. Look at some photos of gen cases do get a feel for it. Start slow. You can always take off more but not put it back on ;-)
For sanding / filing i would advice you disassemble the case further. If you have a case with Plexy it is probbably glued in.
And your eye for details will get better if you stay here long enough :D

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Obsessive eye for details… we notice things 99% of the population wouldn’t and would not even think about.

You know its bad when you lay in bed, awake, thinking about different length of hands. 😬

“What keeps you up at night?”
“The hands…”
It's 12.5mm but it's supposed to be 13mm

Lonely Talk To Me GIF by Michelle Porucznik

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
I am thankfully not plagued with this problem.

But I have another one…
« I can probably make this »
😅
Yeah that was what first got me into trouble many years ago. I sent an old Omega to service and had to pay a crisp $450 for the pleasure. I then looked the movement up on YouTube and found someone servicing it. I ended up thinking: "I bet I can do that" and here we are 😂

Edit: The watch in question

Kdkwjb.jpeg

Last edited:

Erect

Aroused By Anything Vintage
Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU
Yeah that was what first got me into trouble many years ago. I sent an old Omega to service and had to pay a crisp $450 for the pleasure. I then looked the movement up on YouTube and found someone servicing it. I ended up thinking: "I bet I can do that" and here we are 😂

Edit: The watch in question

Kdkwjb.jpeg
Takes some guts at least. And an initial investment.

Reactions: Karbon74

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Takes some guts at least. And an initial investment.
Oh I paid the service center to work on the watch. I just wanted to see what they did. I haven't serviced the Omega but I did adjust the beat error. When getting a timegrapher I put it on it and found out the BE was 4.5. I guess the service guy didn't want to mess with the Collet and left it alone, the bastard.

I have since paid the blood money for Swiss synthetic oils though.

Erect

Aroused By Anything Vintage
Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU

This was a first test on brass test sheet, real black zinc galvanic process. (unlaquered). Vector was very bad, just a quick test for the process. I'm going to be hiring a professional illustrator to make the dial vector... lol

Rome wasn't built in one day, as they say.

EDIT: Have contracted someone, the initial work should be done by Tuesday.

Last edited:

1675lover

23/7/22
@1016 lover

Have u tried this?

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
@1016 lover