• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 1016: The Under Appreciated Thread

1016 lover

4/10/22
@1016 lover

Have u tried this?
Not this one, but if it gen spec, it will correspond to 31mm diamètre, pricey 😄

Reactions: Erect

1016 lover

4/10/22
Lobtime their 6610 plexi has 29,35mm inner diameter +-

Inside diameter IS 29.5mm for t21 and t22, ext change from 30.6 for t21 to 31mm for t22

Another crystal i tried, will post pics, i have to check but dome t22, i have one but not tried

I Can stock those soon, m'y contact tell me hé will received some soon, look more domed than usual t21 and fit better with bezel than t21 conversion, to me, look like old domed t22

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Original 1016 hands... I'm even more confused now :(
I think they are measuring the hands from end to end. Ive never seen a 14mm hour hand and 18mm seconds.

Erect

Aroused By Anything Vintage
Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU
I think they are measuring the hands from end to end. Ive never seen a 14mm hour hand and 18mm seconds.
Correct I think he got confused between hour hand and minute hand.
But check the pictures with the ruler ( he didn't upload hour hand ruler picture...unfortunately). The minute hand reads 14mm!?!?!?!?
Second hand 13mm

*brain explodes*

Last edited:

Erect

Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU
length should be measure from the center of the hole/pin that goes into the pinion to the edge of the hands.
if you look closely, they are 13mm:p
Ahh yes... he skipped 1mm. Oops, stupid mistake. Thanks and sorry!

Reactions: 369mafia

1016_idiot_savant

Supporter
Certified
3/2/23
Denmark

Need to get more details in... sharper lines. Messing around with line thickness now.
If anyone has experience with configuring and debugging laser engravers for optimal precision, let me know.

Close: https://imgur.com/a/E1F2wAD
That looks like an extremely weathered black…I would put that in a build and call it a day… can’t imagine how this would look with tweaking! Please don’t throw out your experimental dials without tell us , though… there is a line forming behind me to get hold of one!

Erect

Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU
That looks like an extremely weathered black…I would put that in a build and call it a day… can’t imagine how this would look with tweaking! Please don’t throw out your experimental dials without tell us , though… there is a line forming behind me to get hold of one!
It's weathered black because no lacquer yet. If you apply lacquer it becomes brand spanking new :p
If you'd leave it like this, the air will cause tarnish/oxidation, eventually but rather quickly.
I'm also thinking about a chemical process to make a chemical patina effect on brass, causing it to turn more orange, brown etc... But it requires the purchase of some chemicals etc... some day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1016_idiot_savant

1675lover

23/7/22
It's weathered black because no lacquer yet. If you apply lacquer it becomes brand spanking new :p
If you'd leave it like this, the air will cause tarnish/oxidation, eventually but rather quickly.
I'm also thinking about a chemical process to make a chemical patina effect on brass, causing it to turn more orange, brown etc... But it requires the purchase of some chemicals etc... some day.
or u can find out what lacquer rolex used back it in the day and pray it will patina itself 20 years later :ROFLMAO: