• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 1016: The Under Appreciated Thread

GenuineFool

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
Do you know of any of the common parts sellers that have 7.5mm hole to tip hour hands? All I can find is 8mm or larger.

No. Somewhere earlier in the thread (40 pages back? I have no idea) we spent a lot of time talking about hand length and were looking at custom orders. (Something I considered a year ago.) There is no good source for a gen looking 7.5 mm hour hand that I am aware of.

Reactions: Action_Jensen

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
The english on Raffles site is shaky at best.
The « not » is probably a typo

One of us on this thread bought the longer hands set and posted a build. it looked awesome. Now that you say it, I think I have a set in my parts drawer with the Cartier 1016 I need to build 🤦
It may have been me. This build I used 13mm hands. This is @Exp1971 watch. 👍🏼

Last edited:

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
I think I may have already answered this question myself, but do I need to buy a bigger bracelet and take the springbar guards from it make the 20mm jubilee work? Or is this just the way it is? I know I'm asking a stupid question as I type it 😂

Seems too small between the lugs

KXu0mK.jpeg

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
I think I may have already answered this question myself, but do I need to buy a bigger bracelet and take the springbar guards from it make the 20mm jubilee work? Or is this just the way it is? I know I'm asking a stupid question as I type it 😂

KXu0mK.jpeg
What is the endlink code? These look to be 19mm endlinks.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region

KXu0mK.jpeg
Where did you get that bracelet?
If you email Ken, he will send you the right endlinks

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Helpful, thanks guys. I just went with the 19mm raffle thinking it was the correct one, but maybe I need the 20mm endlinks to combine with the bracelet as it sits nicely. Or I just need to get the entire 20mm raffle!? Urgh. Start again!

Reactions: Caboose

WatchN3RD

Gold Patron
24/7/18
Some folded link jubilee for Seiko can be found…I wonder if they would take Raffles endlinks and clasp
I'd pretty positive an 19/20mm would. I wanted to try exactly that, but it was like $200 for a vintage Seiko "rolled jubilee" in excellent condition. I could find multiple "folded" ones for like $15 if I didn't care about the way the metal was folded.
Pics for example. Rolled vs. cheap-as-dirt folded. Finally, both next to a solid link. The center-link spacing is the same for all 3.

WatchN3RD

Gold Patron
24/7/18
Some folded link jubilee for Seiko can be found…I wonder if they would take Raffles endlinks and clasp
I'd pretty positive an 19/20mm would. I wanted to try exactly that, but it was like $200 for a vintage Seiko "rolled jubilee" in excellent condition. I could find multiple "folded" ones for like $15 if I didn't care about the way the metal was folded.
Pics for example. Rolled vs. cheap-as-dirt folded. Finally, both next to a solid link. The center-link spacing is the same for all 3.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region

The cheap ones are that bad hey?