• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Strap Freaks!!!

Moose22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
4/9/18
Hey guys…figured Id come to the experts…I have an ammo strap below thats cracking a bit in various places (you can see the biggest on the bottom). I dont mind a little distress, but wondering what the solution is to avoid too much happening. Im thinking conditioning, but dont want to try a random brand without getting some input…any suggestions?
HqOLpI.jpeg

I use Bick 4 on mine.

I use that for my shoes, too, and it's good bang for the buck. Saphir leather lotion has a good reputation, too, though I just use the Bick myself.

Reactions: Tim4682

Tim4682

Supporter
Certified
27/10/13
NC, USA
I use Bick 4 on mine.

I use that for my shoes, too, and it's good bang for the buck. Saphir leather lotion has a good reputation, too, though I just use the Bick myself.
Thanks, thats what I ended up going with based on AMZN reviews. Worked great. Appreciate the response and recommendation.

23Zen

I am who I am
Supporter
Certified
9/8/22
Planet Pam
Those are hardcore vintage stuff, had no idea that L'Invitta still makes straps
Yes they still make straps as well as other products:) and quality is top. I will keep it to my 6152/1 project with Kilowattore and 6152/1 Allarme project witch I start as I saw old Southy one :)

Watch-addict

Renowned Member
23/5/15
U.K
Old SNPR strap. Forgot to take the tubes out on one side and this watch uses springbars with non drilled lugs. Will have to dremel cut out the strap but I'm leaving it on for now :ROFLMAO:

H88xo1.jpeg

H880gv.jpeg

H88JTj.jpeg
Don't those holes on the sides of the lugs go all the way through? Could push the spring bars out with a pin if they do save cutting that gorgeous strap?

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Don't those holes on the sides of the lugs go all the way through? Could push the spring bars out with a pin if they do save cutting that gorgeous strap?
Unfortunately they do not which thought was dumb with I first got the watch and tried to use them.

Edit: You know what, I'm going to try again because I tried for about 5 seconds then just grabbed a screwdriver I had laying right there......

Edit#2 Nope. The holes only go in about .5 to 1mm not all the way through. Wonder if it is just mine and on others it does go all the way through. I won't ruing the strap. I can slide and compress the strap enough to get a good 2-3mm of space to get a dremel cutting disk in there and not even take much off the tube. Or use cutting pliers if I think I've had too much coffee :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Watch-addict

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
I recently managed to add another Adeeos to my collection - these are quickly becoming unicorns. It was in decent condition when it arrived but I spent a little time on it to bring it back up to near new. The Gustav ammo is clearly from a very well used / serviced pouch.

This one has the very, very rare box stitch and loop construction - I believe Kevin only made a few. Also has an early GPF buckle by Atan.

Last edited:

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
I recently purchased a lovely vintage 3646 that is comprised of some of the best parts and craftsmanship I've found in our hobby. The watch had a quite nice 'hidden screw' strap by Bakkeka, though I have admired the 3646 in the link below and wanted to replicate it - so I had the watch shipped directly to Cordes. With the welded/soldered lugs on the Nightwatch case, this obviously requires the straps to be sewn onto the case...

As usual he was very accommodating and selected a gustav pouch that he felt would match the desired strap colour after the construction process and some wear, I have to admit that I was a little hesitant on the colour of the pouch being too tan, though as you can see below the red came through once cut and will only be enhanced with some wear.

Typically I like to spec contrasting lining for my straps but for this vintage 3646 homage I went with the all ammo construction and Ecru Amy Roke thread to match the lume. Also went with a 27mm lug / 26mm end size a I prefer minimal play at the lug end and a fitted finish.

Done.

Yep - I'm a strapfreak.

Last edited: