• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Strap Freaks!!!

vegetaleb

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/09
Can we install "easy release" straps on Panerai or their springs are too thin?

vegetaleb

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/09
My brand new pam1316 (though I think it's a pam1313 with a swapped strap to metal bracelet by the local seller) with the only spare strap I had to replace the meh metal bracelet.
It wasn't expecting to look so sexy! Miles better than the metal bracelet.
Now which colors for the next strap on this watch? Light brown, dark blue like the original pam1313, olive khaki...?

Abe Fromen

Certified
10/12/15
Canada
My brand new pam1316 (though I think it's a pam1313 with a swapped strap to metal bracelet by the local seller) with the only spare strap I had to replace the meh metal bracelet.
It wasn't expecting to look so sexy! Miles better than the metal bracelet.
Now which colors for the next strap on this watch? Light brown, dark blue like the original pam1313, olive khaki...?
is that strap navy blue?

Deggy

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/11/22
Uk
Thx... looking for as dark a blue strap as possible for my 1289.
Any good? I'm looking for a nice blue for my 1226 too. Not cheap, but I think a quality looking watch should have a quality looking strap. Otherwise its "all fur coat and no knickers" as us brits would say.

Deggy

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/11/22
Uk
On the subject of quality straps (and sorry if I'm duplicating), but I'm genuinely interested in your takes. I know it probably boils down to a matter of preference and the jury will stay out, but would you say that replacing original strap buckles with pam-etched/branded versions is a bit pretentious or unnecessary or simply sets off a quality non-pam strap and compliments the overall look of the watch?

Abe Fromen

Certified
10/12/15
Canada
How are you liking the white dial Sub? I was tossing between it and the 1289 that I ended up getting.

Deggy

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/11/22
Uk
I know the white isnt everyone's cup of tea, but I just adore it. Really versatile for strap/outfit matches too if that's your jam. (y)