• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Strap Freaks!!!

Hogzy

Horology Curious
7/7/19
EU
Seeing as there are so many people on this thread with good strap collections i thought it was best to post here.

Anyway, I have a Noob PAM 111 v4 and i have a Mansarea Strap on it that just has not aged well at all, other straps I have bought just have not cut the mustard either. Has anyone bought any straps from "Watchparadise" on Etsy? Looking to get an idea of quality because I have paid 50-100 euro for staps for my PAM before that have turned out to be poor enough quality.

Last edited:

donkacper

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Seeing as there are so many people on this thread with good strap collections i thought it was best to post here.

Anyway, I have a Noob PAM 111 v4 and i have a Mansarea Strap on it that just has not aged well at all, other straps I have bought just have not cut the mustard either. Has anyone bought any straps from "Watchparadise" on Etsy? Looking to get an idea of quality because I have paid 50-100 euro for staps for my PAM before that have turned out to be poor enough quality.

I don't know them unfortunately, but in reasonable price range my favorite would be Jacob Straps and lately I got a very nice strap from DC straps as well.
Of course you can also go with DiStefano but that would be more expensive.

EDIT: I actually browsed through that Watchparadise, those look like the rep straps we get with watches IMO, I don't think they are worth the price....

Last edited:
Reactions: Hogzy

Hogzy

Horology Curious
7/7/19
EU
I don't know them unfortunately, but in reasonable price range my favorite would be Jacob Straps and lately I got a very nice strap from DC straps as well.
Of course you can also go with DiStefano but that would be more expensive.

EDIT: I actually browsed through that Watchparadise, those look like the rep straps we get with watches IMO, I don't think they are worth the price....

Thanks, I think you could be right about the quality of them, hence why I dont want to take the risk. Iv taken enough risks that havent paid off with straps so far. I should have just spend 200eur on a good one and be happy. Iv spent around 250 on multiple crap ones.

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS

I just bought a $148 gunny 74, they look great on the 111 and pretty much any other PAM:
https://gunny-store.com/ready-stock-24mm/74-serie

But for less than half the price, Andrea does a good job too, if you don’t like the color you can ask for a more yellow or mustard hue, they are all custom dyed and hand made to your specs:
https://www.martuleather.com/store/p192/"74"_Homage_Hand_dyed_watch_strap_ref._m1611-74.html

Obviously the Gunny is a higher league up there with DiStefano Corrigia etc. but my original Martu 74 ( yes I have the first one she ever made after I asked her to make it) and my mustard 74 both are aging well, they come a bit stiff but soften nicely with wear. What I like about them too is that the color remains the same, unlike some Italian straps I’ve bought that have patina’ed from yellow to brown. Just my $0.02.

Reactions: Hogzy

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
Hogzy
From left to right is the original Martu 74, a mustard Martu 74, and an Etsy MT Straps (Italy), all which look great on a 111ish model. The Martu straps came with second keepers (one sewn in, one floating) and I added AliExpress Wendybeishop logo buckles. They both have softened and maintained their original color. The MT Strap on the right came yellow like the middle strap but patina’ed quickly with frequent wear.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/MTstraps

PAM_BOY

Legendary Member
6/5/19
Germany
Hogzy
From left to right is the original Martu 74, a mustard Martu 74, and an Etsy MT Straps (Italy), all which look great on a 111ish model. The Martu straps came with second keepers (one sewn in, one floating) and I added AliExpress Wendybeishop logo buckles. They both have softened and maintained their original color. The MT Strap on the right came yellow like the middle strap but patina’ed quickly with frequent wear.
[

Looks really good!:thumbsup:

Reactions: Lagunax

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19

In my opinion - stick with the top makers. Distrfano has a sale for €60 eu for their new line.

https://www.distefanostraps.com/product/perfetto-vintage-line/

They had a summer sale going but it must have ended.

Mays Berlin runs sales occasionally. Bosphorous is running a sale now too I think and they’re even making watch straps again.

Or corrigia has 40% off or check member to member posts here.

But I’d rather spend 60 euro on a distefano than $60usd on a maker who uses second rate leathers. All day long.

And if that strap that I listed isn’t your taste, that’s just an example. Figure out what you
Want and it’s out there.

In my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
I've been seeing lots of posts stating dissatisfaction with some prominent strap makers that are 'click and buy'... I've clicked and bought with disappointing results as well.

Bespoke is the way to go for me - costs a bit more, though you can specify a strap to your exact wishes & build a relationship with the maker.

My next 3 heading across the pond from Cordes:

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
A new one from DC Straps
fff34d075e726cdb352b8e1926401de3.jpg
e283daa05972281ff8a02a50f90c0fc6.jpg
4f7886fa2c88c2b366c9619d4832709f.jpg
dbc49ec526c3d12379ed496feb75df05.jpg

Wysłane z mojego motorola edge przy użyciu Tapatalka

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
It's nice and soft IMO, I got 2 straps from DC and I am quite happy with them. And they don't cost a fortune so you can try one ;)

Reactions: Lagunax