• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Some pics of Noob 126610LV Cermit

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Well, as I said before I respect your opinion

How could you call a TC a super clone if it doesn’t house a clone of a gen movement, it’s not a clone at all.

The 116610 case there’s still things not 100% with Gen with it. It’s has more wokky shaped Rehaut for instance.

I think for every thing found wrong on the 126 we can find something for the 116.
Someone should shoot that point out and list the differences for both (non biased of course) I’d be interested to see if that’s the case.

I’d regard both as super clones they are whole clones of the genuine watches albeit with small differences.

Clones in a biological sense are never exact copies anyway. (Maybe I’m going off the point)

If a TC with minor differences in case bracelet xtal hands etc was a ‘super rep’ then these VSFs with thier Gen clone (spec/interchangeable with gen parts) movements are definitely super clones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I was going by the aesthetics of a watch. The TC and 116610 are super clones on the outside. They are genlike without opening the caseback. If you want to consider movement in a superclone discussion then sure, the TC is not a superclone.

If we're talking about aesthetics, they beat the 126610.

The 116610 has a weird rehaut but so do gens a lot of the time. It's not like Gens with off rehauts are not gens anymore. No one can look at a 116610 by VSF and say it's not a Rolex cause of the rehaut. You can look at the lugs of the 126610 and say it's not a Rolex cause of the different case shape... the comparison is worlds apart and is a false equivalency IMO.

I think for every thing found wrong on the 126 we can find something for the 116.

Going to have to hard disagree here. The 126610 by VSF relative to the gen lacks AR, easy tell right there. The lug shape is different. The dial size is still up for debate. But lacking AR and different case shape can't possibly be allowed in a super clone discussion. You can't possibly compare an misaligned rehaut on the 116610 which many gens have, against a different case/lug shape on the 126610 relative to the gen...

Again I'm sure the 126610 feels very premium and high quality. VSF is known for that. But it can't be a clone, aka an exact copy, if the case VSF is using, has a different shape, which means it isn't an exact copy... aka not a clone.

Last edited:

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Even if a rep factory perfectly replicates every single detail, if the overall look and feel looks like a cheap watch, then I would not personally call that a Superclone (well... Unless the gen looks like a cheap watch too lol)

Interest and I kind of get what you’re saying but If it didn’t then there would be significant differences perhaps in materials used and then it wouldn’t be perfectly replicated, if you get me?

Anyways this noob version is not terrible for the money

Reactions: sukwonee

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
Idk who defines what "superclone" or "super rep" is but VSF 116610 is definitely not an exact clone of the gen. Neither is 126610LN or LV. From that pov, I would agree with stufuse

The SEL differences in VSF 126610 doesn't bother me personally but I can see why it would bother some. The difference is definitely there from Gen, especially the mid link.

At the end of the day, I feel that everyone is looking for reps with tolerable flaws.

What I cannot stand though is if a rep lacks the overall genuine watch feel and aura. Even if a rep factory perfectly replicates every single detail, if the overall look and feel looks like a cheap watch, then I would not personally call that a Superclone (well... Unless the gen looks like a cheap watch too lol)

There shall be many versions in the Gen depending on which year or batch it has been produced. So, any high quality reps are good enough and I do agree with you about the 1:1 clones as TDs do mention in their sales pitch. One thing VSF do impress me is their attention to small details and the quality of finish. I wouldn't hesitate to call the 116610 as a super rep but the Cemit version, I have no clue..

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Yep, still waiting on mine chap!

The 124060 will be straight in my collection too.

Yours still in the wrist a lot?

Yes mate, it’s a struggle to get anything else on the wrist right now. It looks and feels fantastic.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Interest and I kind of get what you’re saying but If it didn’t then there would be significant differences perhaps in materials used and then it wouldn’t be perfectly replicated, if you get me?

Anyways this noob version is not terrible for the money

Yep exactly and I would further clarify what I meant above - Quality of materials and finishing make such a big difference. One example I can give is long time ago, I put together a Pam build using what were considered "accurate" rep parts at the time from different suppliers and watches. When it was done, it looked very close to the gen in terms of most of the details (font size, shape, CG lever shape, etc etc). However, it just didn't have that high quality gen feel. Hands were finished rough (I could see the rough sides from certain angles, lume application had some spillage, etc, etc).

Last edited:
Reactions: stufuse

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Yep exactly and I would further clarify what I meant above - Quality of materials and finishing make such a big difference. One example I can give is long time ago, I put together a Pam build using what were considered "accurate" rep parts at the time from different suppliers and watches. When it was done, it looked very close to the gen in terms of most of the details (font size, shape, CG lever shape, etc etc). However, it just didn't have that high quality gen feel. Hands were finished rough (I could see the rough sides from certain angles, lume application had some spillage, etc, etc).

I agree, it's one reason why I'm a little apprehensive going for Noob's release. They got the case shape down and everything looks good (crappy date wheel aside) but feel in hand, they don't feel premium if I'm judging by last gen models. But Ro13x saying these two models feel similar is a step in the right direction...

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I know you like twisting the facts, but seriously?

That's actually my bad. I did not read that post, I was going by this post he wrote in regards to VSF feeling better than Noob:

No thats not my feel!
I find that VSF is a little bit hyped at the moment.
At the moment I have 18 reps here and the VSFs are not only the best.

And again I'm not surprised. Despite the case shape being right, his feelings are in alignment with mine which is that Noobs don't have a great feel to them even though they are proportioned right on paper. I literally wrote that in my post so it's not like I'm rewriting history here.

See? I own up to my accidental mistakes. You should try that some time.

By the way, what facts do I twist other than this accidental one which I am happy to explain? I guarantee you'll ignore this.

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I’ll ignore you because you’re a truculent nincompoop. Shouldn’t have bothered quoting you above really...

Yeah I'd avoid explaining obvious slander too if I were you. Maybe post a meme or two next time?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Duckber, genuinely interested, can you show me what you have noticed about the VSF12 lugs not being right? If you have a comparison pic between gen and VSF that would help. I know ignorance is bliss, but I'd like to know..

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Well I was going by the aesthetics of a watch. The TC and 116610 are super clones on the outside. They are genlike without opening the caseback. If you want to consider movement in a superclone discussion then sure, the TC is not a superclone.

If we're talking about aesthetics, they beat the 126610.

The 116610 has a weird rehaut but so do gens a lot of the time. It's not like Gens with off rehauts are not gens anymore. No one can look at a 116610 by VSF and say it's not a Rolex cause of the rehaut. You can look at the lugs of the 126610 and say it's not a Rolex cause of the different case shape... the comparison is worlds apart and is a false equivalency IMO.

Going to have to hard disagree here. The 126610 by VSF to the gen lacks AR, easy tell right there. The lug shape is different. The dial size is still up for debate. But AR and different case shape can't possibly be allowed in a super clone discussion. You can't possibly compare an misaligned rehaut on the 116610 which many gens have, against a different case/lug shape on the 126610 to the gen...

Again I'm sure the 126610 feels very premium and high quality. VSF is known for that. But it can't be a clone, aka an exact copy, if the case VSF is using, has a different shape, which means it isn't an exact copy... aka not a clone.

You contradict yourself a little. You have to consider movement in a superclone conversation,
You said it yourself at the end, clones AKA exact copys. A watch that’s running a totally different movement inside is not an exact copy/clone as you later mention yourself.

Although, I see it as clones will have small
Discrepancies.

I think Easy tell depends on who’s looking that’s where a lot of these points you make here end up going don’t they?

I wasn’t talking about the rehaut misalignment on 116, though gens don’t have the same type of misalignment as both the VSF models engravings.

I was talking about the shape of the Rehaut wall (I believe is more wok like) on the vsf 116 compared to straighter wall on Gen, the difference is there in the case shape anyway.

The vsf 116 xtal Ar isn’t the same as Gen either, as Roy Walker would say “it’s good but its not right” you’d still swap it.

That’s 3 for 3 across both models, if different AR and case shape cant be allowed In super clone discussion, both models have these flaws and are both discounted I guess.

Waiting for the dial size thing again would anyone call it as not gen Depends who’s eyesing it up.

An easy tell (for me) on the 116 was the hands shape, lume mismatch and date wheel, I think these were arguably more obviously off to someone Lesser informed on the models than that of the lug shape of the 126. The dial hands and DW are where the eyes spend a lot of their time, You could definitely look at those on the 116 and say it wasn’t rolex imo, especially when it was first released.

If we we’re going on things you can obviously see I think it would then put the 116 on par possible below the 126 in terms of accuracy. Until they were Improved that is.

Can these things be called out as not Gen, what’s more obviously not Gen is up for debate I think.

Lots couldn’t see what you did with 126 lugs more things were spotted with the 116 but for you it’s the better more accurate watch.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Duckber, genuinely interested, can you show me what you have noticed about the VSF12 lugs not being right? If you have a comparison pic between gen and VSF that would help. I know ignorance is bliss, but I'd like to know..

Sure. There's no good head to head comparison pic yet, there's actually one of two Kermits but the angle held makes it hard to catch so I'll have to make do with shots with decent focal lengths.

The pic of the LV is courtesy of the meme meister himself, muiramas. Second of the Kermit and Smurf is from Google.
ZBDnUj.jpg
ZBD1b1.jpg

The lugs on the gens start out a smudge wider, and they taper down to the end of the lugs with a harsher slope. It's not game breaking, but the extra steepness of the slope makes it a bit more defined and alluring IMO compared to the VSF. Of course no one will ever call out a VSF unless they know their shit, I'm just saying this is not exactly a super clone.

If the images don't convince you, all I can say is that two TDs confirmed that VSF has a weaker case set, and that a person who compared his gen to a VSF rep in-hand also stated so, and Rol3x stated that the case set is more accurate on Noob. Regardless of Noob being more accurate or not to gen, that alone states that Noob and VSF have different shaped case sets and at least one of them is off. Considering two TDs and one gen owner stated VSF looks off compared to gen I'd say Rol3x is right.

I don't have the posts for those TDs and the gen owner on me off hand at the moment but if you want I can dig it up when I have time, just let me know

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
You contradict yourself a little. You have to consider movement in a superclone conversation,
You said it yourself at the end, clones AKA exact copys. A watch that’s running a totally different movement inside is not an exact copy/clone as you later mention yourself.

Although, I see it as clones will have small
Discrepancies.

I think Easy tell depends on who’s looking that’s where a lot of these points you make here end up going don’t they?

I wasn’t talking about the rehaut misalignment on 116, though gens don’t have the same type of misalignment as both the VSF models engravings.

I was talking about the shape of the Rehaut wall (I believe is more wok like) on the vsf 116 compared to straighter wall on Gen, the difference is there in the case shape anyway.

The vsf 116 xtal Ar isn’t the same as Gen either, as Roy Walker would say “it’s good but its not right” you’d still swap it.

That’s 3 for 3 across both models, if different AR and case shape cant be allowed In super clone discussion, both models have these flaws and are both discounted I guess.

Waiting for the dial size thing again would anyone call it as not gen Depends who’s eyesing it up.

An easy tell (for me) on the 116 was the hands shape, lume mismatch and date wheel, I think these were arguably more obviously off to someone Lesser informed on the models than that of the lug shape of the 126. The dial hands and DW are where the eyes spend a lot of their time, You could definitely look at those on the 116 and say it wasn’t rolex imo, especially when it was first released.

If we we’re going on things you can obviously see I think it would then put the 116 on par possible below the 126 in terms of accuracy. Until they were Improved that is.

Can these things be called out as not Gen, what’s more obviously not Gen is up for debate I think.

Lots couldn’t see what you did with 126 lugs more things were spotted with the 116 but for you it’s the better more accurate watch.

Okay, I was not contradicting myself but using a different metric of superclone. However, if we are using your metric, then yes, I'm totally fine with stating TC isn't a superclone.

I can't say I agree with your argument on the crystal. Is the crystal on the VSF equal to gen on the 116610? No but it's almost there. However the crystal on the VSF for the 126610 is way further below its gen counterpart. The added AR really makes a definitive difference. The difference between the 126 and the gen is so much bigger between the 116 and its gen crystal.

The hands also got updated on the 116610, so I can't really say that holds any weight either.

Also date wheel? Really? Seems just fine to me. Can't say anyone would call anyone out on the date wheel... I honestly think you're nitpicking here.

If you want to discount the 116610 as a superrep for these reasons, that's fine. But it's still way way way closer to the gen counterpart than the 126610 is. I can't honestly say you truly believe the 116 is below the 126 in accuracy man, that's just... well let's just disagree here lol -- I can't gel with that at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: wisedennis

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
[mention]Duckber [/mention] I know if you can see it then I should be able to too, I admit I’ve not yet.

can you draw it out on pic illustrate?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
[mention]Duckber [/mention] I know if you can see it then I should be able to too, I admit I’ve not yet.

can you draw it out on pic illustrate?

I don't think that would help honestly. If these don't do it and four people stating they are different don't convince you, there will be an inevitable actual head to head comparison of the VSF and Gen eventually... we'll wait and see

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Okay, I was not contradicting myself but using a different metric of superclone. However, if we are using your metric, then yes, I'm totally fine with stating TC isn't a superclone.

I can't say I agree with your argument on the crystal. Is the crystal on the VSF equal to gen on the 116610? No but it's almost there. However the crystal on the VSF for the 126610 is way further below its gen counterpart. The added AR really makes a definitive difference. The difference between the 126 and the gen is so much bigger between the 116 and its gen crystal.

The hands also got updated on the 116610, so I can't really say that holds any weight either.

Also date wheel? Really? Seems just fine to me. Can't say anyone would call anyone out on the date wheel... I honestly think you're nitpicking here.

If you want to discount the 116610 as a superrep for these reasons, that's fine. But it's still way way way closer to the gen counterpart than the 126610 is. I can't honestly say you truly believe the 116 is below the 126 in accuracy man, that's just... well let's just disagree here lol -- I can't gel with that at all.

What I was doing is pointing out the 116 is still not 100% and still lacks (maybe to a lesser extent in your opinion, as you pointed out) compared to Gen in the same areas as the 126 rep.

If i wasn’t clear I didn’t mean I’d put the 116 below the 126 now, but comparing first outputs just pickin up your point looking at the 126 and it obviously not Gen from the lug shape. I was saying some of the 116 was more obviously not Gen initially, in the details like the hands and DW which weren’t great at all would have arguably scored it as less accurate then this 126 untill they were improved.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
What I was doing is pointing out the 116 is still not 100% and still lacks (maybe to a lesser extent in your opinion, as you pointed out) compared to Gen in the same areas as the 126 rep.

If i wasn’t clear I didn’t mean I’d put the 116 below the 126 now, but comparing first outputs just pickin up your point looking at the 126 and it obviously not Gen from the lug shape. I was saying some of the 116 was more obviously not Gen initially, in the details like the hands and DW which weren’t great at all would have arguably scored it as less accurate then this 126 untill they were improved.

Oh yeah dude, I'm 100% with you here. The initial 116 rep had bold date wheels, bad handsets, rehauts were even more misaligned, etc. I totally agree with you here. I wrote earlier I'd imagine the 126 rep will be just as NWBIG as the 116 in a year or less maybe. We're on the same page! I'm totally with you.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Sure. There's no good head to head comparison pic yet, there's actually one of two Kermits but the angle held makes it hard to catch so I'll have to make do with shots with decent focal lengths.
ZBDnUj.jpg
ZBD1b1.jpg

If there is a difference then it is so slight that no one is going to notice it as you suggest.. I'm not sure wtf that green LV is that you used as an example as it doesn't look much much like mine specifically I'm looking at the angle of the cut of those stumpy lugs where they finish (may just be lens fisheye effect and angle but not sure), my VSF is more horizontal than that (is that even a VSF?),. I can't get my watch to look like the one you pictured but I'll try a head on shot below, however I can make it look much like the 2 gens below it (to my eyes at least).

Sorry for the low light graininess..
ZBDRxo.jpg
ZBDNXk.jpg

Not disputing that you are not onto something, but if you are using that pic as an your control then I'd like to see a VSF vs gen comparison to be sure, until then I consider this theory as yet to be confirmed?

Last edited:
Reactions: tribal and stufuse

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
If there is a difference then it is so slight that no one is going to notice it as you suggest.. I'm not sure wtf that green LV is that you used as an example as it doesn't look much much like mine specifically I'm looking at the angle of the cut of those stumpy lugs where they finish (may just be lens fisheye effect and angle but not sure), my VSF is more horizontal than that (is that even a VSF? those are not VSF crown guards, I can tell those before the guy even leaves the house),. I can't get my watch to look like the one you pictured but I'll try a head on shot below, however I can make it look much like the 2 gens below it (to my eyes at least).

Sorry for the low light graininess..

Not disputing that you are not onto something, but if you are using that pic as an your control then I'd like to see a VSF vs gen comparison to be sure, until then I consider this theory as yet to be confirmed?

I can just say that lugs always looked off to me, then coincidentally enough three people who handled it in real life and had gens (two being TDs) felt the same. Sure it's unconfirmed until we get a head to head. I'm also quite curious if they did any work on the lugs in later batches. They already modified a few things up to this point I would not put it past them. I'll ask the same TD I asked last time about it.

I'm not sure wtf that green LV is that you used as an example as it doesn't look much much like mine specifically I'm looking at the angle of the cut of those stumpy lugs where they finish (may just be lens fisheye effect and angle but not sure), my VSF is more horizontal than that (is that even a VSF? those are not VSF crown guards, I can tell those before the guy even leaves the house)

Thats exactly right, this is what ALL the 41mm VSF photos looked like for months for me to question the lugs. And then people who handled it in real life felt the same. Yours looks better to be fair! I will absolutely ask about any possible update it might have had in recent batches. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Last edited:
Reactions: stufuse