• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sold Watch 3 weeks ago buyer filed claim what do i do?

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14
PayPal will want proof of delivery (tracking to the house) signature not required under $750 (i believe).

I think posting emails from the buyer is against the rules.

Follow what the Mods say as Word of God.

If tracking shows delivery you will win but could take few weeks.

vincegino

Known Member
22/9/10
I made sure signature was required with this. the buyer actually requested that.

jai04

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency
As said from the previous post, the buyer is taking advantage of you and the situation. And $4000 is a lot of money to leave in a PP account. I hope you get this sorted out real quick.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
What has the buyer said when you asked him to lift the dispute for you to pay him back?

trinity13

15/12/13
jeez.. this is pain in the *ss.
buyer should've communicate with you first instead of jump the gun filing a dispute

vincegino

Known Member
22/9/10
The buyer did lift the dispute! However I cannot win. Over 10 years on eBay and some idiot I sold a 1 oz krugerrand to said he didn't get it. I have 100% 2930 positive feedback and he pulls this. Not to mention he lives less than an hour from me. The moron signed for it. What has this works come to?? I woke up yesterday to the watch and today to This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
Well, on the bright side at least he signed for it on delivery, it should make for a pretty open and shut case for Paypal. The far more potentially damaging dispute was definitely the watch, and that seems likely to be resolved in a decidedly more amicable fashion now, so you've still got that working in your favour.

Sorry you're having such a run of bad luck, I guess not everyone is brimming with that holiday spirit, hopefully Paypal doesn't drag their feet resolving this new issue.

D

d4m.test

Glad to hear the buyer lifted the dispute. Sorry to hear about the second unrelated dispute from a non watch sale though.

Check with the mods first, but I'd be very interested to hear who the buyer was here.

egroegart

1/7/13
Glad he lifted the dispute. but unfortunately still a ban for that guy. I have no pity for the guy. He should have known the forum rules.

vincegino

Known Member
22/9/10
I can't say his name. He really seems like a good guy, but I don't think he has purchased enough to know how the hobby works. I can usually spot a scammer within a few email exchanges.

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
Honestly, while he may seem like a "nice guy", he's a danger to the rest of us.

First off, why is he willing to hand over hundreds of dollars to a perfect stranger, without first taking the time to "understand this hobby"?

I'm new to RWI, but have been on RWG for some time. I took weeks to read and learn as much as possible, before taking the plunge with either TD's or M2M deals. I have since had a number of very smooth transactions with both.

Anything to do with money on the internet requires a lot of care and a significant level of faith. I certainly want to know who this guy is, so at the very least any future dealings with him can be done only after it's clear he now understands the rules of the road here.

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
honestly, you need to out him. its not fair to us to have to worry about this risk

D

d4m.test

Damn. I'd be pissed at a buyer that did that to me. Outing him wouldn't even make it on the top 10 nasty things I'd do to him.

Odd. Maybe you two can be penpals across the pond now. Good luck with that. :lol:

vincegino

Known Member
22/9/10
I'm just following what the moderator is telling me guys. I will follow all of his instructions. I just don't want to get myself into trouble on here. The mod checked all of his info, and said he never signed up on the boards before.

D

d4m.test

But the OP also said the mods checked, and the buyer never signed up BEFORE.

There's only one explanation...

ae3f1b4adf17d67cc08fd10b176228b0c0d4f0be4ef9eae67be5307d6e92837c.jpg

egroegart

1/7/13
Hmmm. the plot thickens. Well, if he's not a member then nothing the mods can do. If he is a member then his ass is banned as soon as this is sorted. Good riddens. My feeling is if you don't take the time to know the rules then goodbye.

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
I think he means he hasn't signed up here with previous accounts before, along the lines of something a scammer would do.