• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sold Watch 3 weeks ago buyer filed claim what do i do?

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Not to be a richard but.... I thought customs risk was on buyer, did you specify this on your post op? This is bs, nice guy or not member gets the hammer.

I totally agree.
OP file that helpdesk ticket immediately unless you haven't already. There is no excuse for the buyer's action.
Hope you get it sorted

mikey.park

Known Member
4/11/13
There isn't a 'typical' delivery time for domestic postage carriers as you have clearly seen. Only thing i can say with a degree of certainty, is that once the shipment has been accepted into the International Hub, customs clearance is usually completed within 24h, it is then sent across the street to the National Hub and processed within a following 24h. Delivery time from there will depend on the receivers location in respect of their local processing centres. A rule of thumb would be 1-3 days from that point.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Also I have 4000 in my paypal account that is tied up now while they investigate this.

This is a hard lesson to learn. I've always kept my forum money account exclusively separate form any other account. Paypal is fine but only keep just enough for the paying of one or two watches and nothing more. You can't let legitimate transactions conflict with buying of reps, much too chancy with PP and bad members. Hope it gets resolved very soon for you.

vincegino

Known Member
22/9/10
Thanks guys for all of the help! I did open the ticket. I mean I wish he was a little more patient. I hope the mods will help out on this one. I don't 3 weeks is a long time to wait especially with the holiday season.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Thanks guys for all of the help! I did open the ticket. I mean I wish he was a little more patient. I hope the mods will help out on this one. I don't 3 weeks is a long time to wait especially with the holiday season.

Not that long, I had packages from US to Italy that took more than a month to show up, others only a week.
In any case a dispute before involving the mods is a bannable offense, and the excuse he gave that he "had to do it" is pathethic.

vincegino

Known Member
22/9/10
here was the email he sent yesterday. I took out all of his info

Good Afternoon Mate
Not sure whats happended to it but the Royal Mail Website is now saying that the tracking number is no longer showing up at all???
I think at this stage I'm afaraid I'll have to put in a paypal claim and if the watch eventually arrives then I'll re send you the funds. I suggest that you ask for a claims form from USPS and get a claim in as soon as possible.
Sorry but there's no way it should have taken this amount of time, i think sadly its long gone.

All the best

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
After the parcel has left US the tracking stops but can be tracked on the parcel force UK site.

Nothing is showing on the parcel force site just yet.

The USPS tracking info (below) suggests that the parcel has "departed post office" but hasn't yet "arrived at the sorting facility"

It normally goes to "sorting facility" before leaving the US border (when tracking stops).

Tracking therefore suggests that the parcel is still in the US!!

OP chase it up at your post office. Good luck mate

Not good form on the buyers part.

df90672a476b715b62064663f41b4505.jpg

sharpestknifeinthedrawer

3/7/10
If he has filed a claim, he needs outing before he does it to someone else.

I hope you get it sorted asap mate.

Its a scumbag trick he has pulled.

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
yes, what that tracking shows is not unusual. It's normal. the package just hasn't arrived wherever it's destination is. Every watch I buy from China shows that exact same thing for at least 10 days. It just says "acceptance" and I know just to wait. It's just how it is. I'm sure it will arrive to the buyer, he just doesn't know the rules, or how this whole thing works, which unfortunately will now get him banned here. Did you direct him to this thread? so he sees he needs to lift that paypal dispute immediately? I would also provide him with the thread about filing a paypal dispute which is a rule here.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
The previous poster is correct that the number shown is a Customs tracking number only. USPS stops tracking this as soon as it leaves CONUS and they don't offer overseas tracking on their priority small box packages.

Another good reason why I no longer sell anything overseas.

Hopefully a Mod will contact him quickly and show him the light...... or ban him.

JAFO

16/10/13
I did send it registered and and I thought that was the tracking number since it is actually showing info for my local post office i sent it out of. This is driving me nuts. how long would it typically take from us to uk? I sent it registered first class!

If you sent it Registered, the registered tracking number begins with RB. You need to find that number. The LZ number is just what's on the customs slip and it's pretty much worthless. Yes, the local post office does scan that number when you drop it off, and that's why it's showing up. But you need the RB number to see where it's at now.

Typically when I ship first class registered to the UK, it takes about 10 days before it gets from my state to NYC. I can't remember how long the last one I sent to the UK took, but it was over 2 weeks from my house to the buyer's house.

bc1221

30/4/14
the discussion here is great but i think were all forgetting whats really important here.

just about every sales post ive seen/posted state that once the watch is shipped, its no longer the sellers problem. i would assume the seller made that clear. ESPECIALLY on a international sale.

filing a pp claim AT ALL is wrong. that watch could NEVER show up and the buyer still wouldnt have a right to file a claim.

holding up 4k in someones pp account is just plain ****** up.

im not "poor" by any means but $4 grand is a lot of money to me. i would be PISSED if some idiot buyer tied that up.
even more so if it ****** with my livelihood as it seems like it did OPs.

OP, i really hope you get this sorted out and soon.

sorry this is happening to you.

Davidms12

Known Member
13/11/14
Canada/US
I ship to the UK often and it's completely hit or miss. Sometimes it will take 4 weeks, sometimes a week. It's not lost, it's in transit. I read this whole situation as a buyer trying to take advantage of you, as he obviously knows how shipping works from the US to the UK. I feel for you, I really do.
I just had my own PayPal account frozen after selling an iPhone 6+ back in October and two months later the guy claiming he never bought it and that someone had stolen his credit card. Paypal froze my account which had approximately $2500 in it for 27 days. It got resolved eventually and my account on froze but it made me really hate PayPal. As soon as this happened I opened up a second PayPal account so that I can use one for my eBay auctions and one for my purchasing.

I hope this gets resolved quickly for you. It's such a feeling of violation to be scammed like this…

david

D

d4m.test

How often do the moderators check the help tickets????

I know the situation sucks, but this won't be resolved quickly even if the mods get involved.

The best thing you can do is find alternate means to pay your suppliers. Otherwise, best case scenario is to email the buyer and let him know you notified the mods about the dispute because your entire paypal got frozen. If he knows anything about this board, he knows the mods can be very convincing.

vincegino

Known Member
22/9/10
I can't thank everyone for helping me out. I will see if he lifts the claim tomorrow. in the paypal dispute section i explained to him and he said ok no problem, but still didn't lift it. What happens when the watch shows delivered and signed in the next week or so? will paypal lift it automatically and grant me the money back??

bc1221

30/4/14
he could have requested to lift the dispute.
paypal drags ass sometimes.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I see your package does show it has International Delivery Confirmation. Also, it should have been scanned again at the sorting center and leaving US Customs unless they just missed the scanning of the package.

It does seem strange but I thought eBay just needed proof of shipping, not proof of delivery. I would think they would side with you eventually. Anyway best of luck. Hopefully the Mods can help you out with this one.