• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Social status and purchase Replica

Shiftayy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
29/4/23
California
Wear what you want. If you care about “status” buy something you could potentially afford. At this point though so many people go into massive debt to get what they want. Watches included. We have an intern who trying to fit in bought a gen DJ he very clearly can’t afford and openly says he just threw it on a card. Confidence is everything honestly. I know multiple multi millionaires who don’t drive luxury cars. It’s that swagger you know they have the money though

I work in a place where we lot of people love watches and have a ton of different gens. Over the last year or so after getting into higher end reps 5 or 6 of my co workers have now bought them some too because realistically getting any of the high end watches takes too much BS with ADs. I just sold my gen AP Offshore because I just haven’t worn it due to reps. I’ll keep the gens I have now as they were milestones. My deep sea for my wedding, my meteorite moon watch for a verification etc, but past that it would be hard for me to get gens past Rolex at this point. Waiting in a list or buying stuff I don’t want just doesn’t appeal like it used to with generally how good reps are now a days.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Wear what you want. If you care about “status” buy something you could potentially afford. At this point though so many people go into massive debt to get what they want. Watches included. We have an intern who trying to fit in bought a gen DJ he very clearly can’t afford and openly says he just threw it on a card. Confidence is everything honestly. I know multiple multi millionaires who don’t drive luxury cars. It’s that swagger you know they have the money though

I work in a place where we lot of people love watches and have a ton of different gens. Over the last year or so after getting into higher end reps 5 or 6 of my co workers have now bought them some too because realistically getting any of the high end watches takes too much BS with ADs. I just sold my gen AP Offshore because I just haven’t worn it due to reps. I’ll keep the gens I have now as they were milestones. My deep sea for my wedding, my meteorite moon watch for a verification etc, but past that it would be hard for me to get gens past Rolex at this point. Waiting in a list or buying stuff I don’t want just doesn’t appeal like it used to with generally how good reps are now a days.
I assume you're in Norcal ? When I directed projects there it was a norm

Reactions: Dave2302

Shiftayy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
29/4/23
California
I assume you're in Norcal ? When I directed projects there it was a norm

Surprisingly SoCal, but I would say most of my coworkers are either from the Bay or Miami oddly enough enough. Similar mentalities that’s for sure!

My 8 winder box just isn’t going to cut anymore due to this forum lol

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
I think the whole concept of "pulling off" is complete BS, whether that is for gens or reps.

In my opinion, "pulling off" shows insecurity and also the poor heuristics people use to associate expensive watches with class/background/attire/etc. I have seen people with minimum wage wearing gen daytonas, and I have seen multi-millionaires wearing my pompompurin factory datejust.

I think the better question to ask is whether you should wear a rep based on its fatal flaws / tell-sign that you can/ cannot accept. E.g., maybe one shouldn't wear a stock replica RM because there are still a whole load of tell-signs.

Ultimately, just wear what you want and enjoy.

Last edited:

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I think the whole concept of "pulling off" is complete BS, whether that is for gens or reps.

In my opinion, "pulling off" shows insecurity and also the poor heuristics people use to associate expensive watches with class/background/attire/etc. I have seen people with minimum wage wearing gen daytonas, and I have seen multi-millionaires wearing my pompompurin factory datejust.

I think the better question to ask is whether you should buy a rep based on its fatal flaws / tell-sign. E.g., I would never wear a stock replica RM because there are still a whole load of tell-signs.
I wear gens and reps in the corporate world . Please explain

Reaps

-
25/9/22
If you want to not arouse suspicions then don't wear a replica that is beyond your salary amongst friends, family, and coworkers. Since those 3 groups generally know your salary and status and if you can afford a 60k Daytona.

But what I've learnt is noone cares. Literally. Unless you're wearing your watch into a watch enthusiast event, noone cares. And people care even less if it's not Rolex.

I wear an Omega rep to work and noone has said anything. I had a coworker ask if my 3K 5227 Patek was from Daniel Wellington. 😴

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
Yup. If I want to wear a rainbow Daytona while working in the garden that's my business 😂
When you say "garden" that is in reference to the 50 marijuana plants you are growing in the back garden for the family business correct. The rainbow Daytona would be very suitable in your situation and should worn proudly :LOL:

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
It's 2024. Those "bros" are done
cheers shots GIF by Family Guy