• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Skinny Wrist Club thread

Surfnc

Known Member
6/9/12
I just came from the AD. For my 6" a 44mm is too big. A 41mm fits amazing though. Too bad those models look significantly worse and possible movement problems with the seconds at 3.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, my wrist is about the same size. I have serious reservations about the 44's. I have an AP diver which is my limit and I know those damn 44mm big bangs wear bigger than a diver. Those v6's are so perfect though. It's a shame!

Sultan Brunei

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/12
Jong: you get used to Diver on XS strap within minutes. I would not recommend stainless steel one as it is way too heavy and uncomfortable. The Carbon Fiber is light and comfortable. I have been wearing it now for exactly 43 days non stop and I'm loving it, and that's on 6" wrist.

If your wrist have a significant wrist bone like mine, you will damn hate the s/s diver, it hurts and totally uncomfortable.

lfovco

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/06
42mm offshore diver wears more like a 48mm watch due to how the strap curves and how the case is designed. It wears much bigger then 44mm Panerai.
As a comparison here is also a pic of 42 mm JLC diver that wears much, much smaller then 42mm AP. JLC is perfect for 6" wrist.
And 44mm Panerai.
de3uda6a.jpg
y5umu9uv.jpg
8e7eza7a.jpg

3a5e7era.jpg

lfovco

18/3/06
Sultan: yes, I hated it. Could not wear it for more then an hour. It did hurt a lot!!

lfovco

18/3/06
Just thought of it, for anybody that has similar issue. 42mm Iwc ingenieur was also extremely uncomfortable. The bone situation in your wrist Sultan brought up makes some watches unwearable.

sasa408

I'm Pretty Popular
25/1/13
Ingy 3227 42.5mm on 6.25" wrist.
e8bd3.jpg

rdcf.jpg

frjd.jpg

I have no issues with the ingy 3227. Very comfortable on me.

sasa408

I'm Pretty Popular
25/1/13
Was going to say never seen one before! Mind sharing where you found it or is this one of the rarer non-produced watches?
Earlier this year bought it in the m2m section and had to source the bracelet separately.

sasa408

I'm Pretty Popular
25/1/13
Here's another with angled lugs. I put on 26mm straps to get away from the fixed angle.

BR02 44mm on 6.25"
pkaj.jpg

e3ar.jpg

replicawatch21

21/6/12
lfovco, that looks a lot bigger mainly because of the strap. If only the strap can wrap around the wrist snugly. Cheers

lfovco

18/3/06
Original ingy rep came out in 2006, one of the best reps made ever quality wise. It was discontinued many years ago.
Again it comes down to shape of your wrist, it will be ok for some and not for others. It's a heavy watch. I kept it for 6 years regardless and wore it for few weeks at a time every few months.

lfovco

18/3/06
There is no way for the rubber strap to be more snug, it curves around like that. I still have one extra hole on it but it's too tight.
Overall Carbon AP with XS genuine strap works really well for me.
I also like wearing watches loose, that only becomes a problem when the watches are too heavy. So I avoid heavy watches.

Another thing I learned in regards to Panerai. The SS bracelet is too big if your wrist is smaller then 6.5" even if you take all links out. The watch also becomes to heavy with it. But it's if course all good with leather straps. 44mm Panerai pieces are very comfortable.

replicawatch21

21/6/12
If you wear that 42 AP, do you get a problem of the watch going into the side of your wrist when you walk or do something? Whenever I wear loose watches with ss bracelets, i have that problem and hates it. Does that rubber presses under of your wrist or is it loose like on the sides?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jong

Renowned Member
12/8/13
There is no way for the rubber strap to be more snug, it curves around like that. I still have one extra hole on it but it's too tight.
I also like wearing watches loose, that only becomes a problem when the watches are too heavy. So I avoid heavy watches.

Another thing I learned in regards to Panerai. The SS bracelet is too big if your wrist is smaller then 6.5" even if you take all links out. The watch also becomes to heavy with it. But it's if course all good with leather straps. 44mm Panerai pieces are very comfortable.

Haha, reading your descriptions tells me you have the exact same wrist size as me. I hated wearing the ss diver on xs strap even though I had extra holes. It just doesn't fit. For that reason I always recommend small wrists to not get it.

Seeing the nautilus on your pictures definitely makes me hunger for one though.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

Sultan Brunei

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/12

Guys, we really are on the same page, we hated that s/s diver on oem xs strap.
Aside from the weight of the watch which made the corner of the watch to hurt my wrist bone, there is also a problem of the 'back case' of the watch presses to the skin and makes some kind of skin engraving on it. LOL

HOWEVER, I am curious, I hope someone can answer this,
Do this thing apply too to ALL standard S/S ROOs ?? I have long been thinking to acquire the safari :(