• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Showcase Your Watches & Scenery Photos

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Day out to Strathpeffer to take Mel to visit her mum, now bedridden, and very sad to see the ever incresing Morpine has really sent her to a different plain.

But after that, I took Mel for lunch at The Snowgoose, then we went shopping for paint and bits for all the current building works.

Took 2 watches today as I missed yesterday

Starbucks Submariner, taken at The Snowgoose ....

Red Submariner taken at Caledonian Canal moorings, in Inverness at the end of Loch Ness.

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
2 of my favourite colours and RED and GREEN were my business colours for all my life, even with my small business nowadays ;)

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Since I'm working hard today and over the past few weeks on outside projects, the Scenery today is the projects, the Watches are both of my black Submariners.

So the Car Port / Workshop extension frame is all done, and waiting on the roofing sheets which arrive this Wednesday, time to relax on this project and wear my "Good" Sub on SS Bracelet ....

Another job on the to do list is to create an outdoor "Catio" play area for our 2 beautiful pussy cats to play outdoors with toys and things to climb etc etc, so wearing my "Workshop" Sub on RU Strap and started this project last week ....

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Sorry Guys, please keep the thread going, I'm gonna be AWOL a while .............

Had a call from the Care Home on Monday, poor MIL is in her last few days now.

Roofing sheets arrived today, took Mel to Strathpeffer again yesterday, the old lady didn't react at all, on the Auto Syringe now, just laying there barely breathing and unconcious with her mouth open, not pleasant. Poor Mel is in bits.
No change today.

My roofing sheets arrived so I got 6 up of 20 today, hard going they are 3m x 1.1m and I have no help, just me and a step ladder, roof area is 6m long and 9m wide.

Back to care home Friday if the old girl is still with us, or before if she slips away :cry:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

Eldonsimon

Supporter
Certified
16/8/16
Sunny Barcelona
Sorry Guys, please keep the thread going, I'm gonna be AWOL a while .............

Had a call from the Care Home on Monday, poor MIL is in her last few days now.

Roofing sheets arrived today, took Mel to Strathpeffer again yesterday, the old lady didn't react at all, on the Auto Syringe now, just laying there barely breathing and unconcious with her mouth open, not pleasant. Poor Mel is in bits.
No change today.

My roofing sheets arrived so I got 6 up of 20 today, hard going they are 3m x 1.1m and I have no help, just me and a step ladder, roof area is 6m long and 9m wide.

Back to care home Friday if the old girl is still with us, or before if she slips away :cry:
There is nothing that anyone can say that will make things easier for you. Just wishing you and your family well

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Thank You guys for the kind comments.

Got no news on MIL, phoned Strathpeffer this morning, she's still hanging on by a thread, Doctor is upping the Morphine by 10mg a day, that is a lot, but it is upped when she gets restless due to the pain :(
Mel went in to her Shop for a few hours today.

Absolutely hammering down with rain all day, so no work done outside today.
Decided to take a break from all the shite going on and spent some time catching up here.
I got round to building my CasiOak, so what better than a grotty rainy day in the Highlands and a wrist shot of it's first outing (y)

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Sorry to hear about your MIL, sad reality of life.... Build is coming along, here's a couple of pics of mine at the moment...

IMG-3071.jpg

PHOTO-2024-07-25-14-02-43.jpg

PHOTO-2024-07-25-14-02-11.jpg

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Sorry to hear about your MIL, sad reality of life.... Build is coming along, here's a couple of pics of mine at the moment...

WOW, that's a nice project, what I could really do with is 5 geezers like that to help me and do all the work :ROFLMAO:

No news on poor old MIL, she's still hanging in there, this is just so bloody cruel in Mels and my opinion.
If this were a pet dog, cat or any animal they would be put down long before now, this poor old lady has had a good innings at 93 years old, and has been suffering for a couple of months now.

I'm gonna go and get me waterproofs on, try at least to get the next and most difficult / awkward Roofing sheet cut to shape around the corner between the alley and the workshop Roof edge.

The template, an old same profile sheet piece ....

The corner edge it goes around, where the first bay meets the workshop ....

Last edited:

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
MIL passed away yesterday at 5pm :cry:

I had got that corner piece cut by the time we got the news, and most of the lower third of workshop roofing felt un tacked by the time we got the call. So the care home said they would ring once doctor been to certify, then I would take Mel over the 130 mile round trip to say her last goodbyes, before the Funeral Directors came in.

Quick rush job to screw that corner sheet down and make the roofing felt as safe as I could to protect it from ripping if the winds got up, should have bought some extra clamps really, but the winds didn't get to more than a breeze and all felt still intact this morning.

All prep re Funeral, numbers to contact, Death Certificate registration is in hand, can't do any more now until Monday, when I will be helping Mel and running her around here and there, so back at the roof today.

The bloody rain is on atm, but the great thing about having almost a third of the roof covered is I can work away cutting dwangs and installing them before smashing up as many roof sheets as I can over the next 2 days and get the flashing on between Workshop and new roof, and the felt nailed back down.

Tool watch today, the "Workshop Sub" ....

This is where I got to last evening, corner piece fixed down, the 6 front screws / washers not silicone'd yet as they will need to come back out to slide the next sheet under ....

This shows the edge where the dwangs need inserted today, hoping to get dwangs done and that sheet below the corner piece, then tomorrow fairly rattling up as many sheets as I can (y) ....

Chow fer tha noo, normal service is resuming, will try and get some better scenery than my current project soon.

LOL, I must remember to wipe my bloody watches before photoing them, sawdust and raindrops today :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Sorry to hear that my friend. Take care of yourselves.

We're both OK, we knew it was coming, Mel had a few tears last night when I took her to say the final goodbye, but we have visited lots over the past few weeks, knew it was inevitable.

I made a rather large error above, will edit in a moment ....

Wendy, (Mels Mum) was actually 93 not 86, so she had had a very good innings indeed, bless her.

If I know my Minx, she will be fine now until the wake after the Funeral, that's the time I will really need to be there watching out for her.

We are hopeful it will be before our Wedding Blessing, so I expect we will now be going to England for two ish weeks in August instead of one.

We all knew this was coming, and Mel said way back she would still want to go ahead with the Blessing since it has all been booked even before Wendys cancer returned around 6 months ago, and she is firm on that, so it is deffo going ahead.

Sorry to hear about your MIL mate. My condolences to you Mel and the family.

Thank you both, and everyone else on RWI for their kind wishes (y)

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Been busy with Car Port Roof, 2 full sheets and 2 half pieces left to finish it, then flashing under the workshop roof and onto the car port sheets, which are tucked under the workshop roof edge anyways, so likely a couple more days will see it finished.

I also found time to reincarnate the "Chernobyl" Rolex Celebration as I got a yellow OP dial for it. The watch itself is very good, but the dial colours were awful so I bought a much better Celebration from RepSource.

Chernobyl ....

Re-incarnated as Yellow Oyster Perpetual ....

My scenery today, the Car Port Roof ....

Reactions: Jossé and C Master