• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Showcase Your Watches & Scenery Photos

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Green Sky-Dweller, remote beach on Sheppy.

Took Mel out for a run round one of our old haunts, the Isle of Sheppy today, stopped at one of our favourite beaches we would visit when I had the offshore power boat "Brown Trousers" :)

I am pleased to say it still remains unspoilt as it is in a very outta the way area so despite it being a gorgeous day there was only one local fella there catching some dinner, whilst the rest of the Isle was fairly mobbed ....

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Thursday and Friday have been hectic touring most of our old haunts around the SE Kent Coast, a few pics here are from Thursday, will do today's (Friday 23 / 8) in next post.

Started from Margate in the morning, visited most of the coastal resorts as far as Dover, lunch in a country pub mid-way round, then after we got back to the hotel base, a quick change and out to one of our favourite Indian Restaurants , located in Rainham Kent.

Last edited:

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Todays (Friday 23rd) jaunt ....

Started at Ashford, stop off at the Designer Outlet shopping centre and bought a few items of clothing.
Drove on as far as our old second home in Lydd, Kent, then on to Dungeness, down along the coast and stopped off at The Varne Boat Club.
Next stop across the road to The Jolly Fisherman Pub for lunch, then all the way along the coast travelling and stopping off through St. Marys Bay, Dymchurch, Hythe, etc etc as far as Folkestone, a good walk along Folkestone bay and harbour etc and back to the Car and returned via the M/Ways to the Hotel, sorting out all the last minute arrangements for our Wedding Blessing tomorrow.

TAG Heuer F1 Gulf Edition for me today, and Mel has her wee Datejust on which I got her last Christmas.
As well as being our Wedding Blessing, it's also her Birthday tomorrow, when she gets her prezzie which is a MOP Dial iced out ladies DJ, identical model to the one I bought her about 22 years ago, which lasted well, up until the inevitable, when the tiny movement died about 4 years ago.

Last edited:

mattheis

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/5/07
hU2KRI.png

Andy83n

Patron
1/3/20
Jersey
Thursday and Friday have been hectic touring most of our old haunts around the SE Kent Coast, a few pics here are from Thursday, will do today's (Friday 23 / 8) in next post.

Started from Margate in the morning, visited most of the coastal resorts as far as Dover, lunch in a country pub mid-way round, then after we got back to the hotel base, a quick change and out to one of our favourite Indian Restaurants , located in Rainham Kent.

Slightly off topic but I can't see that iconic Dreamland building in Margate without thinking of the Jolly Boys Outing from the Nag's Head in Peckham from this exact weekend 35 years ago...

Was it you driving the coach, Dave?

• Haha
Reactions: Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Aside from when working on my fleet owner mate's Van Hools and then road testing I have never driven a Coach (with any passengers) in my life but in theory 35 years ago I might maybe perhaps have been down there working security :ROFLMAO:

Dreamland is now a Night Club music venue, and out back ara still amusements, big wheel etc etc.

I used to guest Bass with a Reggae Band from North Peckham Estate way back in my 20's - 30's though, had many friends all over South and East London and Essex right down to Sarfend, some are actually still alive ;)

Reactions: C Master

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
@xray7

Absolutely 100% counts as watches and scenery my friend, it was lovely to meet you both (y)

Now I look at that picture I still cannot work out how I managed to up end the beer glass in relation to my wrist angle in order to get our watches and wrists aligned without spilling a drop :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Well, seems like it's back to the grind, managed to get the Car Port lighting circuit wired, and four of the 8 double LED Battens fitted and working.
Bunch of 6M 4x2's ordered along with a container load of Sarking Board to clad it and some other building sides too. When the sides and rear bit between House and Workshop are framed and clad I will add the last four 5ft Battens that will run 2 of along each side.
These things dun arf chuck some light out :)

Pepsi GMT with the CHS modded movement, fully working GMT with correct hand stack arrived whilst I was away, I bought this one to fit a Meteorite Dial I have to it and may also upgrade to a Clean Ceramic Bezel.

Last edited:

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
My favourite place, greater langdale in the lake district.

One of my favourite haunts too in my 30's to 40's. Myself and ex used to spend many weeks every year touring the Lakes.

At the time I owned a big Draco twin engined cruiser moored in Windermere Marina Village and we visited regularly with a water-ski boat, until the wan errrm dodgy politicians waited until the holidays of a lot of ministers and snuck through the 6 knot speed limit which had been voraciously defended and thrown out several times previously :(

That and other factors was when I got divorced, Mel and I got together, and we later decided to GTF out of England and move to a remote area of the beautiful west Highlands, where folks accept everyone who doesn't try and change stuff (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew_watchlist

Andrew_watchlist

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/4/24
yeah the landowner whose land i shoot on used to have a boat on windermere. he was also majorly peed off about that speed limit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave2302