• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

thehorse

Renowned Member
25/4/06
Asia
1cb3f2bb29c403c21e3cc3e5656ce22f.jpg

The gen strap is expensive but totally makes the watch.

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Is there any hope we'll see a higher quality nato strap from the factories? Id be fine grabbing a gen, but it seems like the special bond-edition isn't available to non-Spectre owners (I dont think I want to go flashing my rep in the AD trying to get a gen strap).

doc_O

17/1/16
Is there any hope we'll see a higher quality nato strap from the factories? Id be fine grabbing a gen, but it seems like the special bond-edition isn't available to non-Spectre owners (I dont think I want to go flashing my rep in the AD trying to get a gen strap).

What I'm thinking about is to use all the metal pieces of my rep strap and take to a strap manufacturer to see if it's possible to use them in a Zuludiver strap, which has a much better quality.
I'll give you some news.

Ac777

Known Member
16/4/15

I believe that there are 2 gen spectre straps for sale on eBay... Pricey tho

dovla

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/12
DE /AU
Just got mine today! Absolutely love it!
For now no signs of stutter, sure it's not smooth as my other watches but it's ok.

What I'd really love to do, is to replace this movement for something better.
Curious if that day will come, I wouldn't care about the movement decorations at all.

doc_O

17/1/16
Just got mine today! Absolutely love it!
For now no signs of stutter, sure it's not smooth as my other watches but it's ok.

What I'd really love to do, is to replace this movement for something better.
Curious if that day will come, I wouldn't care about the movement decorations at all.

You will, my friend, jst like me!
And you'll absolutely love it!

Best!

Dolemite2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/3/16

I'm waiting to recieve my Omega 300. It's on it's way [emoji4]. I'm very exited. It looked really nice on the QC pics, but you have to hold it before you feel it. I also read about the problems about the cases of stuttering of the lollypop, so that scares me a bit. Well, I thought about going for the gen strap, but I have to wait for the post before I make up my mind. As far as I know, the non-spectre gen strap is only missing the 007 logo. Actually I think I'd prefer that one, because I think it is kinda more cool just with the Omega text without the 007. Know what I mean? Bond's version is without the 007 too [emoji6]

mavericmatt

17/1/09
I'm waiting to recieve my Omega 300. It's on it's way [emoji4]. I'm very exited. It looked really nice on the QC pics, but you have to hold it before you feel it. I also read about the problems about the cases of stuttering of the lollypop, so that scares me a bit. Well, I thought about going for the gen strap, but I have to wait for the post before I make up my mind. As far as I know, the non-spectre gen strap is only missing the 007 logo. Actually I think I'd prefer that one, because I think it is kinda more cool just with the Omega text without the 007. Know what I mean? Bond's version is without the 007 too [emoji6]

I'd have to agree with you on that one. I prefer the more subtle looking one. As a rule, I tend to find most 'Bond' Omega's a bit OTT with the branding. The Spectre is the first one I've really gone for (I've just finished ordering mine from InTime :D) as the only real reference is on the case back.

I'll make my mind up when it arrives as what to do strap wise - at the moment I'm still thinking Phoenix with possibly changing the buckle from the rep, or a gen non spectre Omega. Anyone know a price for that in the UK?

dondulah

Known Member
3/4/16
I think the 60 second video QC check is a great idea that is very reasonable.

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
After some consideration I think I may jump on the gen strap bandwagon. I think Id enjoy a higher quality strap that doesnt slip at the buckle.

ChronoMega

5/5/14
I know these are "homage" watches but they still cost £200. If you bought a Seiko for that money and the second hand was stuttering and stopping would you not be a tad disappointed ?

From what I've read on here it seems the main issue is the stuttering but that doesn't actually cause problems the time-keeping. Obviously it's another matter if there is a fault and the second hand was losing loads of seconds per day. However, if it is just a stutter I don't think it's that big an issue. Another way to look at it would be, if you somehow managed to pay just £200 for a brand new, gen Omega with a minor stuttering issue (which had no bearing on time-keeping) would you really be that disappointed?

ango316

Looking Around
19/4/16
the one that came with the both straps the nylon one and the steel??? if its can u post some pic when u have urs cus im in loive of that wacth i want one fo me so would be very helpfull ur info, im very new in thos forum so sorry for my bad english and if im doing something bad or if its out or topic pls be pattience "its my first day" lol thanks ...
I just ordered the Spectre from Intime. Can I post my QC photos just to make sure I'm not missing something?