• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
Thanks, Lucy.
12334b54f9a0913c7b663c2b646d1b8b.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
I see you got yours, congratulations!

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Been wearing mine on the nato strap over the past 2 years and now that its on the bracelet, the clear caseback can actually be admired easily. It was previously obscured by the nato strap. Wearing it on the nato for too long can make you forget that the watch has a clear caseback...lol..

33927081454_6794fe2894_c.jpg

Since I have the gen AT with the clear caseback (8500), I actually compared them together and the similarities is pretty scary. The rep is of course with 8400 which is the same as the 8500, minus the date. The gen has a slight matte look to it while the rep decoration looks more shinier. They both look good though. Very very close with some slight differences such as the position of the balance wheel etc..

Gen clear caseback of my AT

34637014431_274aeec67f_c.jpg

ShaanS

Getting To Know The Place
5/9/16
Would appreciate some feedback on a couple of issues I am seeing & wonder if u agree-:

1/ the numbers are not aligned (see 3,6 &9)
2/ the tip of the hour hand is off?

4ec1e374a5ad0c9d4d6c3b40c9b11daf.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
Would appreciate some feedback on a couple of issues I am seeing & wonder if u agree-:

1/ the numbers are not aligned (see 3,6 &9)
2/ the tip of the hour hand is off?

4ec1e374a5ad0c9d4d6c3b40c9b11daf.jpg

Sent from the RWI App
Hour markers 3,6, and 9 look okay to me.
The tip of the hour hand does look like it is missing the very sharp point at the end of it

ShaanS

5/9/16
Hour markers 3,6, and 9 look okay to me.
The tip of the hour hand does look like it is missing the very sharp point at the end of it

I agree re: tip, spoke to TD and he says its the same on all the versions of this watch. Looking through this thread I disagree!

Also, TD says he doesn't send vids for QC, so can't look for any stutter. Should I insist on a vid?

Thanks

Sent from the RWI App

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
I agree re: tip, spoke to TD and he says its the same on all the versions of this watch. Looking through this thread I disagree!

Also, TD says he doesn't send vids for QC, so can't look for any stutter. Should I insist on a vid?

Thanks

Sent from the RWI App
I don't know other TDs but InTime gave a video. It's up to you if you still want the Spectre, because seeing as how they said the batch has the tips all like that, you might be disappointment when you finally receive your Spectre and it's not what you expected.

Variatio Delectat

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/13
Planet Earth
Been wearing mine on the nato strap over the past 2 years and now that its on the bracelet, the clear caseback can actually be admired easily. It was previously obscured by the nato strap. Wearing it on the nato for too long can make you forget that the watch has a clear caseback...lol..

33954849483_9236e6a666_c.jpg

Since I have the gen AT with the clear caseback (8500), I actually compared them together and the similarities is pretty scary. The rep is of course with 8400 which is the same as the 8500, minus the date. The gen has a slight matte look to it while the rep decoration looks more shinier. They both look good though. Very very close with some slight differences such as the position of the balance wheel etc..

Gen clear caseback of my AT

34285536102_e8da5b9f3f_c.jpg

Could not agree more, it's a shame to wear this beauty on a Nato strap - even if you are James Bond. ;)

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Could not agree more, it's a shame to wear this beauty on a Nato strap - even if you are James Bond. ;)

The only reason Bond wore it on that Nato strap in the movie is because the strap played a role in the plot and Omega probably also wanted to improve sales on their strap..haha.. Rewatching that scene again on YouTube, would he have been able to remove the watch easily or with added suspense if it was on a stainless steel bracelet I wonder? >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6tquYcA1ng

ShaanS

5/9/16
My TD informs me that he doesn't send vids out of watches, so can't check the stuttering issue.

Am surprised, didn't think a vid was much of an ask.

Any advice on how to approach this?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
My TD informs me that he doesn't send vids out of watches, so can't check the stuttering issue.

Am surprised, didn't think a vid was much of an ask.

Any advice on how to approach this?

Since he can't do a video, ask him for another one and send a new set of QC pics. If you're lucky, the hour hand tip could end up looking better than the other one. Don't expect perfection for the position of the numbers on the dial. It won't even be noticeable in person.

ShaanS

5/9/16
Thanks pal, well surprise surprise, he suddenly agreed to send the watch back to the factory for the tip issue. Will have to take his word it appears for the stutter.

I agree with you, and I don't expect perfection on numbers.

Just a bit surprised by my TD, only had 4 QC pics, had to ask for timegraph readings & not as willing to work with the customer as some of the other TDs on here.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Meanwhile.... I think the watch looks really good on bracelet! Was already getting bored with the look on nato so this gives it a breath of fresh air....

34637021491_e5a97b8b53_c.jpg

34637021171_0e5d709f89_c.jpg

pure b

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/14
I love this watch, hence I wrote the i formative thread. I only wish the factories would make a superrep of it. We all bought this watch so the factories got their cash and an update would cost more then it would fetch.

If it came with a 9015, sturdy bezel and polished crown I would huy it again

ShaanS

5/9/16
Amplitude of 322 on this watch, is that acceptable of too high? Any help wud b appreciated

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
I love this watch to death. It is my dress watch, it basically has been the cornerstone of my collection and I treat it as if it was gen. If any watch deserves another version as close as possible to the gen, this would be it. High on my list for the revamped version, a better movement. The dial is sexy enough where only the die hards would notice it's a rep, but give me a smoother experience with the movement and money will be sent over so damn fast, the lollipop seconds hand would look like it stopped...or maybe the watch was shaken violently.

pure b

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/14
I love this watch to death. It is my dress watch, it basically has been the cornerstone of my collection and I treat it as if it was gen. If any watch deserves another version as close as possible to the gen, this would be it. High on my list for the revamped version, a better movement. The dial is sexy enough where only the die hards would notice it's a rep, but give me a smoother experience with the movement and money will be sent over so damn fast, the lollipop seconds hand would look like it stopped...or maybe the watch was shaken violently.

+1 but it wil never happen. We should not have bought the current versions so they would keep improving