• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

go000ob

Renowned Member
3/11/15
2.jpg

Can't get over how good this rep is! Here's mine

damn it looks incredibly awesome [emoji7]

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Gen strap, curved spring bars. The sex...

efbe529d553afa38c5cb7a88a6a7dec9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarcusMcIntyre

Do not accept unsolicited offers
28/11/15
So will a factory bring out this model with another movement? Can they use another movement for this model? Seems like there are people who want to acquire this, but hesitant due to the model.

mavericmatt

Getting To Know The Place
17/1/09
I can see a real difference with those curved bars. I see they are mega cheap too on ebay.
How do you find pin hole wear on the gen strap?

Subtube

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/7/16
Not a fan of omegas but gotta say it's hard to resist this one! Think I might have to get one on order

kkgkkg

Known Member
9/6/16
anyone in the UK got a timefactors strap going spare? want to have a go at sewing the rep hardware onto it - but timefactors on holiday for a fortnight

jamilton

3/6/14
Germany
Hello and congrats for your nice piece,

I want to get curved bars, but dunno exactly the length and where to buy them... May I have your advice? Thanks!

Gen strap, curved spring bars. The sex...

efbe529d553afa38c5cb7a88a6a7dec9.jpg

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Hello and congrats for your nice piece,

I want to get curved bars, but dunno exactly the length and where to buy them... May I have your advice? Thanks!

Hey there, 22mm thick curves bars. I got them off eBay for maybe $4

jamilton

3/6/14
Germany
Sorry, I meant easy for me as an engineer I have access to buffing wheels etc. and as the crown protrudes the case access isn't an issue. TBH, scotchbrite then a cod cloth would probably do the trick.

Hello mate, would you polish the crown without disassembly the crown? I want also to do that (I know a guy who owns an injection tooling factory that surely can polish it) when the watch arrives but wondering if the vibration of the polishing device could damage the movement..

mavericmatt

Getting To Know The Place
17/1/09
Hello mate, would you polish the crown without disassembly the crown? I want also to do that (I know a guy who owns an injection tooling factory that surely can polish it) when the watch arrives but wondering if the vibration of the polishing device could damage the movement..

Yes, I would do it all assembled. Light pressure and a soft wheel wouldn't really produce much / any vibrations. Not got around to trying it yet though!

GuanYu666

Do not accept unsolicited offers
2/6/16
Mine keeps time perfect

From what I understand, the stuttering is a quirk of that style of movement and does not affect the watches ability to keep time. My Spectre stutters but keeps excellent time too. If I give my wrist a little jerk, I can see the second hand stop for a moment too. Stuttering doesn't really bother me and if I hadn't seen people talk about it, I probably wouldn't even have noticed it unless I sat there looking at the second hand exclusively for a minute.

jamilton

3/6/14
Germany
From what I understand, the stuttering is a quirk of that style of movement and does not affect the watches ability to keep time. My Spectre stutters but keeps excellent time too. If I give my wrist a little jerk, I can see the second hand stop for a moment too. Stuttering doesn't really bother me and if I hadn't seen people talk about it, I probably wouldn't even have noticed it unless I sat there looking at the second hand exclusively for a minute.

Thanks for your response mate, but The stuttering after a wrist jerk or always? Thanks !