• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Surely a watch for each day of the week is the minimum requirement around these parts? :D

Can't wait for mine to arrive, only thing holding it back from being a super rep is the bezel numbers imo.

You have a side by side pic? I would like to see the difference

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
You have a side by side pic? I would like to see the difference

The bezel difference? Hard to see the difference in pics unless the numbers are covered by reflection in the background and the numbers just disappears under reflection, something that the liquidmetal numbers don't do. Liquidmetal numbers on the bezel is really striking especially under the light.

Here is a comparison of the Spectre rep with my gen regular model Seamaster 300 with the liquidmetal ceramic bezel.

49324420578_08398f0e69_b.jpg

49332939123_0406b2ca9a_b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929 and Cadows

watchnerd23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/19
Thinking about picking up the v2 VSF, Are there any concerns about the durability of the cloned movement? Worried about how it will hold up over time vs. a standard workhorse movement like a miyota 9105.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
The bezel difference? Hard to see the difference in pics unless the numbers are covered by reflection in the background and the numbers just disappears under reflection, something that the liquidmetal numbers don't do. Liquidmetal numbers on the bezel is really striking especially under the light.

Here is a comparison of the Spectre rep with my gen regular model Seamaster 300 with the liquidmetal ceramic bezel.

49324420578_08398f0e69_b.jpg

49332939123_0406b2ca9a_b.jpg

It looks fine to me. Mortals cant see the difference

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Thinking about picking up the v2 VSF, Are there any concerns about the durability of the cloned movement? Worried about how it will hold up over time vs. a standard workhorse movement like a miyota 9105.

I bought mine (VSF super clone movement) a couple of years back and it's buggered already.
I haven't brought it to a watch smith yet, so I wouldn't know if it's definitely brown bread.
This is anecdotal of course, but the least one can say of these super clones is that spare parts may be hard or impossible to obtain.
Whereas a straightforward ETA clone or Miyota can usually be easily fixed or replaced.

Reactions: watchnerd23

watchnerd23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/19
I bought mine (VSF super clone movement) a couple of years back and it's buggered already.
I haven't brought it to a watch smith yet, so I wouldn't know if it's definitely brown bread.
This is anecdotal of course, but the least one can say of these super clones is that spare parts may be hard or impossible to obtain.
Whereas a straightforward ETA clone or Miyota can usually be easily fixed or replaced.

This is exactly what I was worried about and looking to hear. Thanks mate. Good luck, hope it gets fixed.

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
It looks fine to me. Mortals cant see the difference

Really? I think the second photo is actually a very good representation, looks quite obvious to me. Look at 7 on the VSF and the 1, the 7 has almost completely disappeared if the dark portion is angled slightly, even part of the 2. Whereas the gen, every number and mark on the bezel is clear.

The 5 is completely gone in the first photo, you won't get that with the gen liquid metal bezels.

Last edited:

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Really? I think the second photo is actually a very good representation, looks quite obvious to me. Look at 7 on the VSF and the 1, the 7 has almost completely disappeared if the dark portion is angled slightly, even part of the 2. Whereas the gen, every number and mark on the bezel is clear.

The 5 is completely gone in the first photo, you won't get that with the gen liquid metal bezels.

Well spotted. :thumbsup:​​​​​​

Here's another gen vs rep pic, this time the gen is also the Spectre model. You can guess which is the gen just by the non disappearing numbers on the bezel.

49907170366_2c6d292de0_b.jpg

​​​​​​

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20

Here's another gen vs rep pic, this time the gen is also the Spectre model. You can guess which is the gen just by the non disappearing numbers on the bezel.
​​​​​​

Thanks for the great quality shots. I'm curious, apart from the bezel numbers is there any difference in the way the gen catches the light vs the rep irl when you're moving it around in the light? The watch glass, rest of the bezel?

Commander Straker

17/1/17
UK
Thanks for the great quality shots. I'm curious, apart from the bezel numbers is there any difference in the way the gen catches the light vs the rep irl when you're moving it around in the light? The watch glass, rest of the bezel?

The glass on my VSF V2 is very slightly raised above the bezel (1mm or less). It annoys me for aome reaaon as unless a watch glass is domed, I like the bezel/glass join to be flat. Is the glass on the gen also slightly taller than the bezel? And if not, is there anything that can be done to the glass or bezel to rectify this?

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone

From what I can see, they're very close. Crystal and all is spot on. Its a very good rep and the closest one can have to the gen.

dukey1337

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
15/6/20

49907170366_2c6d292de0_b.jpg

​​​​​​

Thanks for the pic! very nice.

The bezel numbers on the Gen look amazing! :love:

The case of the rep looks a little different and the inner ring is thinner - as known.
Dial and printing are also look different.
is this a V1?

fuzzmex

2/9/17

​​​​​​

It's not just the bezel numbers, the difference in texture of the dials and thus their light reflection is quite noticable.

Reactions: Silver Fox Mulder

Alwaysblue99

18/7/20
I just got mine this week from Lucy.
my comments would be, it looks fantastic and even better on the wrist
i like the bi directional bezel
i like the nato strap but cannot for the life of me get it to sit right on the wrist
i wish I had just bought it with the bracelet
Lucy is slow but the finished product is worth the wait

Alwaysblue99

18/7/20
Also it keeps fantastic time, in fact all my seamaster reps do, my one runs at about +2 s per day which is easy to sort just by popping the crown out for 2s each morning, I hate watches that run a fraction slow

Alwaysblue99

18/7/20
Yeah the nato sits wrong, because when the watch sits central to my wrist the buckle sits two thirds round which In turn drags the watch round further.
i think it’s a keeper so I’ll try an RAF