• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Bonding...

50254014886_6238de70dc_b.jpg

watchlover128

Known Member
9/12/14
Sorry I’m late to the party here. Any owners of the most recent VSF Superclone Spectre had success taking it in the water? With it being a rep and having an exhibition case back I’m not expecting it to be but my noob v8 114060 regularly goes swimming with no issues. Just wondering if anyone has done it or what the results where on the pressure tester?

snoutwatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/8/14
Sorry I’m late to the party here. Any owners of the most recent VSF Superclone Spectre had success taking it in the water? With it being a rep and having an exhibition case back I’m not expecting it to be but my noob v8 114060 regularly goes swimming with no issues. Just wondering if anyone has done it or what the results where on the pressure tester?

Survived both shower and bath.

Reactions: watchlover128

watchlover128

Known Member
9/12/14
I took my VSF V2 in the bath this morning and I’m happy to report that mines is waterproof from the factory. By no means would I encourage anyone to take a non tested watch under water. Especially when you can get a dry test from Timpsons the cobbler for about £10 but curiosity got the better of me

Reactions: snoutwatch

fuzzmex

2/9/17
I'm pretty sure most reps stated as waterproof will pass this test.
​​​​​​I would never trust them on a recreational dive however.
Personally, I would not even take a bath or shower with them, as the water in my country tends to be hard, leaving calcium and other deposits in places you can't dry properly.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
I took my VSF V2 in the bath this morning and I’m happy to report that mines is waterproof from the factory. By no means would I encourage anyone to take a non tested watch under water. Especially when you can get a dry test from Timpsons the cobbler for about £10 but curiosity got the better of me

Bro please can you pist the link to the latest version at some TD?

Spoons

Patron
Certified
21/4/19
Long time lurker. Hows the bracelet feel? Do they feel hollow/cheap?

The bracelet on my V1 VSF is great. I would not describe it as hollow or cheap feeling. By all accounts, the bracelet on the V2 may be even better.

However, I have been wearing my V1 on various straps recently, because I find this watch has more character on a strap than on the bracelet. This watch is well suited to many different strap styles and can easily be dressed up or dressed down by swapping straps.

Most recently I have been wearing it on this MN style strap, which is comfortable and gives the watch a whole different vibe:

Poonfluff

Known Member
4/4/18
Alberta, Canada
The bracelet on my V1 VSF is great. I would not describe it as hollow or cheap feeling. By all accounts, the bracelet on the V2 may be even better.

However, I have been wearing my V1 on various straps recently, because I find this watch has more character on a strap than on the bracelet. This watch is well suited to many different strap styles and can easily be dressed up or dressed down by swapping straps.

Most recently I have been wearing it on this MN style strap, which is comfortable and gives the watch a whole different vibe:

Thank you for your feedback. I love the macroshot. The bezel numerals looks embossed, almost mimicing the liquid metal effect. Is this part of the recent update (v2)?

Spoons

Patron
Certified
21/4/19
Thank you for your feedback. I love the macroshot. The bezel numerals looks embossed, almost mimicing the liquid metal effect. Is this part of the recent update (v2)?

As far as I know mine is a V1 because I purchased it in april 2019

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Hi all, firstly I wanted to say thank you all in the community for the wealth of info.

I stumbled onto this forum and the world of reps last week (after a youtube recommendation, the watchfinder omega comparison) and had my mind BLOWN at how sophisticated reps are nowadays.

I've been pretty much glued to this forum the last few days, having gone through this thread, the consensual super reps and educating myself on the purchasing process.

From what I gathered on this watch, it's basically a super rep if not for the liquid metal bezel numbers, even then in specific light conditions. I've been seduced by the photos here and placed my order with Lucy, cannot wait to join the club! Photos, process, thoughts from a complete newbie to follow. Will try with VSF nato and decide if I need a gen nato/phoneme instead.

(Payment's barely gone through and I'm already frantically researching the 2019 VSF Seamaster 300m ceramic.....)

Alex22

12/2/18
it is a beautiful watch. the vsf v2 version is amazing, i'm selling my specter but i don't rule out that i will take it back in the future. unfortunately I realized that I cannot keep more than 5/6 watches.

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
it is a beautiful watch. the vsf v2 version is amazing, i'm selling my specter but i don't rule out that i will take it back in the future. unfortunately I realized that I cannot keep more than 5/6 watches.

Surely a watch for each day of the week is the minimum requirement around these parts? :D

Can't wait for mine to arrive, only thing holding it back from being a super rep is the bezel numbers imo.

Reactions: MrBurgundy