• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RXWF Glashutte Spezialist Diver New Release (Comparison vs. Genuine)

Statist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/22
Here's a two week update of the watch's rate behavior.
Currently, averaged over two weeks, it is +0.7 sec./day.

This should also show you that short-term measurements of accuracy are not really useful, as it always fluctuates and sometimes quite a lot.

With the result of such measurements, which I make with the app WatchCheck, I then adjust the rate of the watch with the eccentric screw.

I hope this is enlightening for some of you (us) watch nerds ;)

Reactions: THXuk

Statist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/22
PS: I did not regulate the movement during this series of measurements. I wore it all days, put it down at night with dial up.

The watch's rate behavior is found to be ± 9 Sec./day, as you can see from the lower diagramm.
The long-term average is currently +0.7 sec./day

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
I've been very impressed with the stock RXWF bracelet so far (touch wood) and interested to see a real world comparison to the gen.

I got hands on with the gen on bracelet for the first time last week and must admit the gen dial does have a luster the rep is some way away from replicating. In photos the RXWF dial looks closer than in person - also the bracelet was fully stickered so hard to judge but I didnt notice any big differences.

Did you view the gen at an AD? The lighting they use at AD's really makes things sparkle in a way normal lighting doesn't.

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Did you view the gen at an AD? The lighting they use at AD's really makes things sparkle in a way normal lighting doesn't.
Yes it was at the AD but I also compared in the window another time whilst wearing the rep.

Don't get me wrong the rep is very good but it's not as dynamic as the gen.

Joni555

Horology Curious
21/9/22
Hi guys,i need help
So after the blue just received the green :)
Unfortunately there is misalignment markers to the bezel insert and its driving me crazy !
Thinking of rotating the whole Dail about 1deg ...
Is it possible? Hard to do ?
Appreciate your help 🙏
Thanks

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
Hi guys,i need help
So after the blue just received the green :)
Unfortunately there is misalignment markers to the bezel insert and its driving me crazy !
Thinking of rotating the whole Dail about 1deg ...
Is it possible? Hard to do ?
Appreciate your help 🙏
Thanks

The dial is secured to the movement with metal feet that clip into the movement. To rotate the dial you would have to remove the feet, file them smooth and then re-secure the dial to the movement in the position you want with dial dots or some other kind of adhesive. That's an extreme way and not the best way.

The best way to achieve alignment with the dial and insert is to remove and re-install the insert. Thought that can have its own issues.
First, you have to remove the bezel. I don't think anyone here has done that yet, and if it's constructed with a retaining wire instead of a click spring then you could have a hell of a time getting it back on. Second, you would have to remove the bezel insert without damaging it, then re-install it properly aligned. It's usually not hard to remove an insert without damaging it but things can go wrong and you could crack or break it.

Joni555

Horology Curious
21/9/22
The dial is secured to the movement with metal feet that clip into the movement. To rotate the dial you would have to remove the feet, file them smooth and then re-secure the dial to the movement in the position you want with dial dots or some other kind of adhesive. That's an extreme way and not the best way.

The best way to achieve alignment with the dial and insert is to remove and re-install the insert. Thought that can have its own issues.
First, you have to remove the bezel. I don't think anyone here has done that yet, and if it's constructed with a retaining wire instead of a click spring then you could have a hell of a time getting it back on. Second, you would have to remove the bezel insert without damaging it, then re-install it properly aligned. It's usually not hard to remove an insert without damaging it but things can go wrong and you could crack or break it.
Thank you!!!
I thought that there is only 3 screws that secured the Dail with the movment to the frame ...
By your answer- watchsmit is the way I believe

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
Thank you!!!
I thought that there is only 3 screws that secured the Dail with the movment to the frame ...
By your answer- watchsmit is the way I believe
The 3 screws secure the movement to the inside of the case. But the dial does not just sit loosely on the movement.

The dial secured to the movement with metal feet which are aligned with holes in the movement. The holes are designed to ensure that the dial is perfectly aligned when the crown tube of the case is lined up with where the crown stem goes through the tube and into the movement.

It’s possible to get perfect dial alignment by hand using adhesive. I have done this before when switching a watch from a 3:00 crown case to a 4:00 crown case. But this is not the way to solve bezel misalignment. The way to solve it is to reinstall the bezel insert.

Reactions: Joni555

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
You can try to rotate the whole movement with the dial attached but you would have to remove the crown and crown stem and they may not go back in properly if you rotate the movement.

Joni555

Horology Curious
21/9/22
You can try to rotate the whole movement with the dial attached but you would have to remove the crown and crown stem and they may not go back in properly if you rotate the movement.
I think I'll ask a watchsmit ,afraid to damage the watch...
Thanks man !

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
Try rotate the the bezel just one single click counter clockwise from that position. Then push the bezel back in the opposite direction (the opposite from the way it turns). There is a little bit of back play with the bezel on this watch and the back play might actually get it aligned for you.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
This reinforces my earlier opinion that the factory should have just released this watch with a nice good quality copy of the Glashutte tropic rubber or cloth straps that are available. Instead of fussing with trying to copy this fussy bracelet and making the watch more expensive than it needed to be.
The bracelet is an old design for the IWC Mark reps.

mbujo

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/11/22
Germany
Awesome watch and great input from you guys! Definitely my next, have already written to some TD.
@dood does the Gen-rotor fit on the movement without further changes? How happy are you with the modification and what does the rotor weight? I'm not sure yet if I'll leave the rotor unchanged, take the original rotor of the movement or choose the same variant as you.