• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RXWF Glashutte Spezialist Diver New Release (Comparison vs. Genuine)

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
Awesome watch and great input from you guys! Definitely my next, have already written to some TD.
@dood does the Gen-rotor fit on the movement without further changes? How happy are you with the modification and what does the rotor weight? I'm not sure yet if I'll leave the rotor unchanged, take the original rotor of the movement or choose the same variant as you.
Yes, genuine ETA 2824 rotor is direct fit. There has been a very noticeable improvement in accuracy and power reserve without hand winding since changing it. @Statist is the one who identified the problem with the rep rotor.

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Awesome watch and great input from you guys! Definitely my next, have already written to some TD.
@dood does the Gen-rotor fit on the movement without further changes? How happy are you with the modification and what does the rotor weight? I'm not sure yet if I'll leave the rotor unchanged, take the original rotor of the movement or choose the same variant as you.
I have worn my watch a total of about 5 full days and I keep it in a winder and have left it for 12+ hours sitting on a shelf with zero issues.

I wouldn't worry about the rotor unless you notice issues yourself.

Statist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/22
You can consider dude's rotor a gen, too.
No modifications necessary, the gen rotor should be around 0.5 mm less high than the fake.
Let me tell you my personal thoughts: If you would be happy with the crappy fake rotor, you could also buy a fake Chinese 2824 for 25 bucks, and sell the SW200 instead ;) Due to excanche rate they are incredible expensive at the moment...So tithout irony: What I mean by that is, that even if the watch will run with the fake rotor, it will be ABSOLUTELY pointless to pay Premium for the SW200, as every clone 2824 would potentially run more acurate as the SW200 with that light weight rotor fake 🙃

mbujo

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/11/22
Germany
Thanks guys! Its gonna be my first new and unworn rep directly from China. Do you think there‘s any chance to get this job done there, before shipping?

Statist

30/9/22
So guy's, today the unthinkable happened without any external reason. Also the Index at 7 o'clock shows first signs :cry:

Statist

30/9/22
Thanks guys! Its gonna be my first new and unworn rep directly from China. Do you think there‘s any chance to get this job done there, before shipping?
Just ask the TD, they will have the original rotor left over anyway. BUT when looking to the fixing screws of the movement, this might not be the best idea to have it done there (they were quite mistreated, not a sign of careful work.)

mbujo

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/11/22
Germany
Once again, thank you very much! I will heed the warning. I'll ask if the TD can send the original rotor and see that I can do it myself. Will let you know the answer.

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
So guy's, today the unthinkable happened without any external reason. Also the Index at 7 o'clock shows first signs :cry:

What is happening here? Water condensation droplets on the 6:00 marker? Is that a crack in the crystal at 4:00?

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
Oh man that sucks. The good news is, it's just plain white paint on this insert which should be an easy fix with a micro brush, a few coats of enamel and a clear lacquer. I'd hate to try replicate the "platinum" color on a Rolex sub bezel.

I've had this happen even on expensive gens. Sucks it happened so soon with this one. I wish sapphire inserts were more widely used. Nothing to wear off.

Statist

30/9/22
I removed the remaining paint and redid it with paint from a paint pen for silicone grout (crazy, I know, but it's verry thin an can thus flow pretty good in the grooves). As always with such things, it is almost impossible to match the same shade again. But for now, the result is somehow acceptable.

mbujo

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/11/22
Germany
Great work! Nevertheless, frightening that this work was necessary. I would be very interested to know if the problem is becoming more frequent in this still young model.

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
Looks good (y) I can't tell the difference, looks good as new to me.

The silicone grout is an interesting way to do it, but it might actually be more resistant to water, moisture and humidity than paint. Interesting. Curious how the well the grout will adhere to the ceramic surface over time.

Statist

30/9/22
To prevent errors: it is a kind of paint pen, similar to an EDDING, which is used to paint silicone joints white again. The advantage is, the varnish is extremely thin, so I flood the numbers grooves with it (by toothpick, where I have taken some of the paint out of that pen already before) When it is dried, I then remove the excess paint on the surface, around the numbers, with a credit card (scrape it off).
Advantage is, it flows well and evenly into the groove and can be used - hopefully - without clear coat.

Reactions: Pinion Minion

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
So I picked up the gen bracelet from @THXuk (an absolute gentleman btw) and thought I'd post a couple of quick photos comparing the RXWF bracelet to the gen.

First off the rep bracelet is generally very good and I had no issues with mine (other than one screw not locking in fully).

The gen bracelet is of course better quality the biggest difference on the wrist is the edges are rounded slightly on gen but are sharp on the rep. Also the gen end links fit the rep perfectly and get rid of the slight gap I had on my example.

Rep below with gap

Gen endlink fitted below

There are a few small differences in the mechanism but the other real difference is the quality of the link screws which are a bit soft on the rep. More photos below with the gen always on the right

mbujo

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/11/22
Germany
I‘ve just paid mine, can‘t await the package.
I'll ask if the TD can send the original rotor and see that I can do it myself. Will let you know the answer.
Fyi
According to TD no chance for this issue. They are too far away in the supply chain to get the rotor from the factory and could not manage to get it to them along with my watch. So it could be with one try that another TD would get the package that was meant for me. At least for me, as a logistics planner, an interesting thing. In the end I gave up after the second question about it and did not propose a handwritten label or something like that.