• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RXWF Glashutte Spezialist Diver New Release (Comparison vs. Genuine)

Statist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/22
Good catch, I didn't see that. I'm going to try take it out and see if it's a screw or locking pin.
On close inspection, I cannot see anything eather...sorry, might have been an optical illusion. 😖

Statist

30/9/22
I made two tiny spacers out of a toothpick and stuck them in these holes to lift up the springs by half their size. They press the button on the clasp into its seat so that it no longer rattles. From the factory, they are useless because they don't pop out of their holes.

One should not overtighten the screws and only gently press the button, as the 2 screws have to bear the entire force of your finger. The thread could break free, and I think that's what happened with you.

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Has anyone removed the bezel and insert on one yet? I just received mine and it looks fantastic other than the bezel not aligning at 12 (plus a few bits of dust on the dial).

Reactions: ChooperKool

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
Received the genuine ETA rotor and installed it today. I was hesitant to link where I got it due to other members bad experiences buying movements from that seller, but everything was shipped fast, arrived fast, and good quality so here it is:

Looking forward to seeing how accuracy is now. Mine was running +6 sec / day with the old rotor. Now just to wait for the strap I ordered to arrive and get a pressure test. If it passes 10 bar this will be a keeper 👍🏽

Reactions: Statist

Statist

30/9/22
Looking forward to seeing how accuracy is now. Mine was running +6 sec / day with the old rotor.
Mine is running at +5.9 (+6.4, +3.7, +8.1) at night with dial up, +2.6 (+2.5, +2.7, +3.1) on wrist, +3.7 overall average.
The values in parentheses () are the individual measurements. I always measure with the app WatchCheck in the evening and morning and then readjust after a few days around the average value of the deviation.
The gold rotor is looking really nice (y)

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Nice! Can you confirm the strap width that best fits the case?

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
Check your braclet on the through pins (there are two links on your bracelet with the middle retaining set screw to keep the through pin in place. One of mine is defective and doesn't retain the pin when in the locked position. Had the bracelet fall apart while wearing. My TD is sourcing a replacement link for me but it's worth probing those pins on your bracelet to ensure you don't have a defective link as well that might result on the watch falling off your wrist.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I don't have the watch yet, but I have taken a BIG gamble and bought the original steel bracelet. Although I'm sure the rep version is good, the bracelet offered was less than half the retail price and I will not have any of the concerns raised here.

Of course, I won't know it fits for a few weeks!

I also bought the OEM rubber, which will fit for sure. I just need to find an 18mm pin buckle. I spoke with Glashütte. I could not believe, they want £220 for it... that is a rip-off, and £425 for the 18mm deployant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parto

Statist

30/9/22
I just need to find an 18mm pin buckle. I spoke with Glashütte.
Have you seen this?

What did you pay for the original bracelet? Anyway, surely a really substantial investment, not that I haven't thought about it for a while ;) , but I'm really pleased with the rep so far.

Statist

30/9/22
Here it was sold pre-owned for 167 €...
"From estate. Questions such as originality or similar can unfortunately not be answered due to lack of expertise and lack of comparative pieces."...:ROFLMAO:

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Have you seen this?

What did you pay for the original bracelet? Anyway, surely a really substantial investment, not that I haven't thought about it for a while ;) , but I'm really pleased with the rep so far.
£600, retail is over £1200

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Seems like the link did not work. So here once more
I Spotted that, it is different to the design of the original , and I found the same on ali, cheaper still. They will supply with the logo

This is the original design

Last edited:

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
I've been very impressed with the stock RXWF bracelet so far (touch wood) and interested to see a real world comparison to the gen.

I got hands on with the gen on bracelet for the first time last week and must admit the gen dial does have a luster the rep is some way away from replicating. In photos the RXWF dial looks closer than in person - also the bracelet was fully stickered so hard to judge but I didnt notice any big differences.