• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RXWF Glashutte Spezialist Diver New Release (Comparison vs. Genuine)

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
The version with the pano date window has a display caseback with a very nicely decorated and unique in-house movement. I doubt this or any factory would be able to accurately copy how that movement looks with a Chinese movement let alone a Swiss one. The movement through the display back would probably look like garbage compared to the real thing and be a dead giveaway. And I'd have questions about the reliability with all the modifications they would have to do to a Chinese or miyota movement to make it look similar.

This 39.5mm version is the one to get. It is an awesome rep. Wears well with perfect proportions on my 7” wrist.

Reactions: Statist

Statist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/22
The backside might not be be biggest problem, even if it has the same crappy rotor and decorative plates in current clone movements. But the frontside will show you even from a distance of several meters, that it is a (bad) clone 😉

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Will there be a 43.5mm version with pano date window anytime soon?
Take a look at some of the current reps that have a pano date. You have the ones that have a printed line between the numbers (lol), and the ones that have horribly staggered date discs that look even worse than the ones with the printed line. Believe me, you do not want a rep with a pano date. The execution is absolutely atrocious.

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
Just when I was really starting to love this watch, the watch suddenly just falls off my wrist while I’m wearing it. Yup - the bracelet just fell apart to pieces while I was literally lying still in bed reading. The micro adjust button came off completely along with the bar that sits on top of the micro adjust teeth and the link on one end came apart from the clasp. Totally unprovoked. Just fell apart on my wrist.

This reinforces my earlier opinion that the factory should have just released this watch with a nice good quality copy of the Glashutte tropic rubber or cloth straps that are available. Instead of fussing with trying to copy this fussy bracelet and making the watch more expensive than it needed to be.

I ordered a tropic strap for it and still plan to wear it but this, plus the rotor issue isn’t exactly confidence inspiring.

Reactions: HomeRye and ComNero

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Just when I was really starting to love this watch, the watch suddenly just falls off my wrist while I’m wearing it. Yup - the bracelet just fell apart to pieces while I was literally lying still in bed reading. The micro adjust button came off completely along with the bar that sits on top of the micro adjust teeth and the link on one end came apart from the clasp. Totally unprovoked. Just fell apart on my wrist.

This reinforces my earlier opinion that the factory should have just released this watch with a nice good quality copy of the Glashutte tropic rubber or cloth straps that are available. Instead of fussing with trying to copy this fussy bracelet and making the watch more expensive than it needed to be.

I ordered a tropic strap for it and still plan to wear it but this, plus the rotor issue isn’t exactly confidence inspiring.
Can you post a pic of the bracelet post-failure? Curious to see it. Tropic strap suits this better than a bracelet anyway, imo.

Statist

30/9/22
OMG o_O This is realy bad news.
So maybe the bracelet tried to suicide, because you thought bad of it?!
Did it simply fall apart or did something break?
Did you shake your hand fastly while "reading"? 🤭

Statist

30/9/22
Oh yes! Lets have some pics with cats and watches, the two best things in life 😆

Reactions: dood

Statist

30/9/22
Looks like one came loose (right), the other potentially broke (I think I can see the remains in the tread). Are these real screws, not locking pins?

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
@dood did these screws come loose or shear off from use?

The screws definitely came off. That was my first thought about the reason for the failure.

I 've been looking for them but can't find them. I don't know if they fell off when the bracelet came apart in my bed or if they fell off somewhere else before that. I noticed those screws when I was sizing the bracelet, but never touched them. So I don't know if they sheared off or just weren't fastened correctly.

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
Also - I did use the micro adjust very frequently, almost daily. So might have been whatever fasteners the factory used for the bar that sits on the adjustment teeth isn't capable of handling normal wear and use.

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
Looks like one came loose (right), the other potentially broke (I think I can see the remains in the tread). Are these real screws, not locking pins?
Good catch, I didn't see that. I'm going to try take it out and see if it's a screw or locking pin.

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Mine is still in transit but I'll see how loose/tight the screws feel once received, might just need some threadlock to be on the safe size.

On the plus side I think this can be fixed if you can find the screws (or similarly sized replacements).

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
I looked ino the holes under a 16x magnification loupe. Hard to see clearly, but I could not see any threads for screws. Based on what I can see it looks like locking pins. There are tiny metal shavings all over the place so looks like the fasteners sheared off.

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
I looked ino the holes under a 16x magnification loupe. Hard to see clearly, but I could not see any threads for screws. Based on what I can see it looks like locking pins. There are tiny metal shavings all over the place so looks like the fasteners sheared off.
On second thought I really can't tell, even with the loupe. At some angles it looks like there might be tiny threads and on other angles the sides of the hole look smooth.