• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Sea Dweller 4000 (116600) Noob V2 -- Pic Heavy, 60 high res pics inside ! ! !

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
just awesome! this is really making me reconsider my original thought of getting the sub nd v6. After your experience with all the reps, which gen would you get? Thanks for the awesome review man.
You 're welcome brother.. I would say that I would go for the 116600 but also thinking that might be the Sub as well, depends on my finance situation
If I really have the money, I'll just go for the DSSD 116660.
I had that and even though it's an amazing piece stills feel big sometimes. It wears as big as my original 45,5mm PO Chrono which has been siting in the box for quite sometime now..

And since I mentioned them both

Sent from my iPhone

Rootofevil

Horology Curious
11/8/15
Thank you guys, love the sport and is growing bigger in me..

[MENTION=118119]laserdog[/MENTION], I was after the SD and thought of buying the BK version but now due to experience and by the good help of Toro I got a perfect one after rejecting a couple so this is my favorite. I used the change since did not go to BK to order a TC Sub so this will be the other jewel in my collection. I love also to Sub C from BK and feels great in hand, I will also buy best Noob GMT Master2 soon.. I also love the Expl2 and how it looks and feels. Well I just love all of them lolol

Sent from my iPhone
What was off in the first ones you rejected? I own a v1 and I like it but there are some quirks with it that bothers me so thinking of upgrading to v2.

One of the biggest flaws with the one I got is in the bracelet, it has super sharp corners and the lock of the clasp "sticks out" a bit and is not flush with the rest of the clasp. Like this:
c0ea889f780c3e592db13047936e7f8a.jpg

Is this something you recognise with your watch?

Snoweagle

29/1/15
I had that and even though it's an amazing piece stills feel big sometimes. It wears as big as my original 45,5mm PO Chrono which has been siting in the box for quite sometime now..

And since I mentioned them both

Sent from my iPhone

But I just love large and heavier watches, hence the DSSD is the best out there for Rolex. Still, it's just a long way for me since price is a big issue, therefore the best I can do now is to own a rep of it, and a good rep.

In another note, I notice the black text part on the case back, the 'A' in the 'SEA-DWELLER' bottom right leg has faded. Wonder if this is normal for reps.

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
What was off in the first ones you rejected? I own a v1 and I like it but there are some quirks with it that bothers me so thinking of upgrading to v2.

One of the biggest flaws with the one I got is in the bracelet, it has super sharp corners and the lock of the clasp "sticks out" a bit and is not flush with the rest of the clasp. Like this:
c0ea889f780c3e592db13047936e7f8a.jpg

Is this something you recognise with your watch?
I guess you had bad luck since mine seems ok whichever angle you may look it. I don't have any idea if it is a common problem the one you have

But I just love large and heavier watches, hence the DSSD is the best out there for Rolex. Still, it's just a long way for me since price is a big issue, therefore the best I can do now is to own a rep of it, and a good rep.

In another note, I notice the black text part on the case back, the 'A' in the 'SEA-DWELLER' bottom right leg has faded. Wonder if this is normal for reps.
Yes I was in big watches as well, I even bought a gen bi Omega as mentioned, but now I feel more confident with smaller sizes.

Yes this issue is common with reps, some people did their own mods by using model painting to refill the letters gaps

Sent from my iPhone

Snoweagle

29/1/15
Yes I was in big watches as well, I even bought a gen bi Omega as mentioned, but now I feel more confident with smaller sizes.

Yes this issue is common with reps, some people did their own mods by using model painting to refill the letters gaps

Sent from my iPhone

That's what I thought too and was thinking of getting Testors black enamel paint to do that with a pin or toothpick. By the way the clasp piece on my DSSD also sticks out slightly, similar to Rootofevil, but not as much. But I've no issues with that.

Perhaps one day, I'll save up for a gen and by then, might choose the SD4000 over the DSSD.

Snoweagle

29/1/15
Lololol, you see, getting wiser already [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone

Haha...sometimes I'm pretty confused. I've got colleagues who own the gen DSSD but gave up wearing after a while, citing weight issues. No one owns the SD4000 yet but got a bunch of subs.

Sub ---> SD4000 ---> DSSD. It just gets chunkier, heavier and more expensive down the line, and that explains why most have the sub instead.

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Believe me Subs are easy to wear you forget is on your wrist..anyway it's all about taste and practicality

Sent from my iPhone

Snoweagle

29/1/15
Believe me Subs are easy to wear you forget is on your wrist..anyway it's all about taste and practicality

Sent from my iPhone

Yup so Subs are pretty common here locally but the SDs and DSSDs are more rare so it's more special to me at least. Some will think 'I don't dive at such depths and the Sub is more than enough, so why need to spend so much more?' But as you said it's about the taste as well and most people will buy for its exquisiteness and I fall into this category as well.

Still, the divers series from Rolex is quite a class of its own and I'm proud to own a rep of it, though the gen would be best!

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Thanks guys, I enjoy it every single moment [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone

fradic

Renowned Member
16/9/11
don't get it, they release a cellini with the perfect matte dial but can't make a SD... Check out intime..

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
don't get it, they release a cellini with the perfect matte dial but can't make a SD... Check out intime..
Well they do a step forward and two backwards most of the time, especially Noob.. What to do!!
Yes I think it is. SEL fit is almost perfect. No cyclops to have any issues there.

Added a gen Pearl to mine and I love it!

That pearl shines like a star, good man!!
Is this SD considered a better rep than the Noob v5.1 Sub C?
Having had that v5.1 (this is a BK for my wife) I could say that is a really nice watch but still SEL fit is not close to gen plus cyclops always is a good challenge for any Rolex rep, no one got it right so gen xtal is what is needed

Sent from my iPhone