• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore 44mm Chronograph From Noob Factory

andman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/11/13
:p

In all honesty, the sale price has little to do with manufacturing costs and everything to do with hype and taking advantage of peoples' emotions, so those who do not learn from the past are doomed to make the same mistakes. The movement to be used on this watch will make or break it, since the movement determines the hand positions and thus, the dial. Isn't it "funny" how that one component is conspicuously absent from the pics?

(Copied off my post on the 44 thread on RWG)

rit appears that the upward spiral in prices...that I have been reading about ......not in keeping with cost of production ......shows no sign of abating !!!!!

How when TT can sell a fab H fac FC for $398..... can this be justified....

I guess they are testing the water...... if it´s good and we buy it.....

We make a rod for our own back !!!!

MultiQuote
Edit

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
If the end result disappoints, I am sure Angus will issue a refund. We have always reached fair agreements before.
That said: my taste likes the FC the best; I do not think I will be buying the other (SS, RG, DLC) 44mm models.

shaidx

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/7/12
Can't pay that kinda money before I see the finished watch. Doesn't make sense paying $800 for something that lacks a dial, movement etc

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
Dia and hands are in Angus' hands now. He'll post pics soon. Let's see how good / bad they are.

andman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/11/13
Dia and hands are in Angus' hands now. He'll post pics soon. Let's see how good / bad they are.

dial pics and a movement are now up..... looks good to me...... but I don´t see the same stuff some of you guys see.......

edit...... sub dial hands appear to be cream instead of red.... they wouldn´t make such a basic mistake ....... would they ???

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
LOL LOL. First big flaw, the small chrono hand @6 is white while the gen is red. The "Audemars Piguet" lettering also seems misaligned a teeny tiny bit. Lume area at the markers is a tad large.

EDIT: Angus said the maker only has white sample hands for now, so the release version will have red hand on subdial @6.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Looks like a rush build job just to feed the masses, you would think they would make a better effort considering how much coin this is

jeqyjahe.jpg

8yty7a7e.jpg

e9ubuded.jpg

za5e5e3e.jpg

ve7y2e8e.jpg

y3e8ybas.jpg

neqahe2u.jpg

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk Pro

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
Wow, I take back all my reservations about the incorrect subdial! Even the date wheel position seems acceptable. Here's a quick comparo I made between gen and rep

output_Re5sfO_zpsa333315e.gif

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Wow, I take back all my reservations about the incorrect subdial! Even the date wheel position seems acceptable. Here's a quick comparo I made between gen and rep

output_Re5sfO_zpsa333315e.gif

Brilliant zero

Sent from my iPhone 5s Using TapaTalk2 S???R?I?????

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I think it looks good, Date position is great. The white hand at 6 is probably a mistake by Angus, this needs to be red.
Otherwise with my quick comparison, very nice. Cant wait to get it.

sent from my iPad Air

Z3BR4

Renowned Member
16/5/12
The logo is too far right and the AP looks awful compared to the gen.

andman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/11/13
anyone asked the question of the red sub dial hands with Angus yet..

markers look long..... but this could just be scaling on the comparison

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
I'll assume they make these little mistakes here and there deliberately because if they have a gen at hand it would make sense to always confirm/compare ?? So it has to be deliberate in my opinion ........

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
anyone asked the question of the red sub dial hands with Angus yet..

markers look long..... but this could just be scaling on the comparison

I'm sure just a quick build for the hands, markers will be covered by tach ring.

Sent from my iPhone 5s Using TapaTalk2 S???R?I?????

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
The sub hands are just prototypes now. He know the color is wrong but he have just two silver hands at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

andman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/11/13
I'm sure just a quick build for the hands, markers will be covered by tach ring.

Sent from my ? iPhone 5s Using TapaTalk2 S???R?I?????

if thats the case.....Sharrkey.... i want to to pull the trigger....... set me straight.... or should I wait