• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore 44mm Chronograph From Noob Factory

daz1201

I'm Pretty Popular
29/9/11
I will wait for the others ..I am not interested in the fC at all..My friend has the gen. of it..Its nice but nothing special....

sphere24

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/13
Also it's listed as coming with gen rubber strap? Would that be part of the high cost?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

yentob

22/7/12
Also it's listed as coming with gen rubber strap? Would that be part of the high cost? ?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I don't think they mean a gen AP strap. I think they mean it is genuinely made from rubber lol.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
So this guy is now officially financing his purchases with member money ? This pre order bullshit is just that. A way to raise capital for the purchase of the product at a 0% interest rates. The hard working forum members have become a loan establishment for this guy. I don't care how much I want or like a watch . I'm not preordering anything. You are nuts to dump $800 into a watch that you've not seen a finished product. Hopefully the members across all forums will refrain from sending this guy one penny on any watch that has not ready to ship.

yentob

22/7/12
I won't be pre-ordering, especially without seeing the finished piece. He thinks he is doing people a favor with the 30USD discount...

Anyway this will be available from other dealers.

Hope people don't buy into this pre-order hype! Remember the Jandrew fiasco...

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
24/7/11
$768? LOL

get out of here. No effin way. Getting beyond a joke now.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I won't comment on the price because many of us have a lot more than that invested in every AP we own. But if you're going to have the balls to price a rep at $800 out of the box, you better show me a finished product that is ready to ship. We can discuss whether it's worth it or not when we see an assembled watch.

I should list an AP for sale in M2M. No pics. Just a few shots of a case. I'll ask $800 and tell you it will ship in a few weeks. See how that goes.

Z3BR4

Renowned Member
16/5/12
I won't comment on the price because many of us have a lot more than that invested in every AP we own. But if you're going to have the balls to price a rep at $800 out of the box, you better show me a finished product that is ready to ship. We can discuss whether it's worth it or not when we see an assembled watch.

I should list an AP for sale in M2M. No pics. Just a few shots of a case. I'll ask $800 and tell you it will ship in a few weeks. See how that goes.

This 1000 times over.. The mere fact that people are ponying up cash for something not even finished completely boggles my mind. We have seen how it goes with other watches like the Black Bay.. You'll be lucky to even see something finished in the next year with current standards on Pre-Orders. You guys could be buying canal street quality for all you know and there is nobody you can "go after" if you get fleeced either.

The dealers have so many people by the proverbial balls today that it makes me sick. It was only a couple years ago that 400 dollars was unheard of for a chrono replica with an ASIAN MOVEMENT.. and this guy wants you to buy watch that isn't even close to finished for almost double that. Look at how the pricing has panned out on all the latest models.. There is always a v2 and the early versions depreciate nearly 40% upon release of a new version.. If you're pre-ordering one of these you're only digging a deeper hole for everyone.. It's getting out of hand.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
24/7/11
As i wrote over at RG. For the $768USD straight from the factory it better have decorated movements to look like the gen movement and RELIABLE seconds@12. It pretty much has to be a super rep to ask this price straight out of the box. You could build and frankin numerous other watches that would blow you out of the water for this price.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
AP is a different world. Right now a V3 FC Diver with AR , Relume and a case polish , service etc will put you near $1k. Add an OEM strap and you're in the $1500 range. I have more than that in my Panda and it's not a Franken. So it's tough to compare. My biggest issue is with the pre sale garbage. The final product will dictate if it's overpriced. But if the watch sells out , it was not over priced.

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
AP is a different world. Right now a V3 FC Diver with AR , Relume and a case polish , service etc will put you near $1k. Add an OEM strap and you're in the $1500 range. I have more than that in my Panda and it's not a Franken. So it's tough to compare. My biggest issue is with the pre sale garbage. The final product will dictate if it's overpriced. But if the watch sells out , it was not over priced.

but we know there's alot of non active forum members that will rush to this in a heart beat bimmer,

the rest of the vocal and active members will just try to complain and wait for V2 or V3

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
who wants to bed Whether the promise date will be fullfilled?

it promise to be 7-10 days right?

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
but we know there's alot of non active forum members that will rush to this in a heart beat bimmer,

the rest of the vocal and active members will just try to complain and wait for V2 or V3

I fully understand that. Supply and demand is the name of the game. If people are dumb enough to hand over $800 sight unseen , this will continue to take place.

One thing many of us have learned in our time here is that patience is the number one rule in the hobby. Whether it's with shipping , dealer responses , releases etc.

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
I fully understand that. Supply and demand is the name of the game. If people are dumb enough to hand over $800 sight unseen , this will continue to take place.

One thing many of us have learned in our time here is that patience is the number one rule in the hobby. Whether it's with shipping , dealer responses , releases etc.

agree 100%

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
It's the whole pre order and it's timely release, teasing members so close to Cny and stating that it will be ready to ship before! How many times have we heard that before, hell it's half a watch ATM.

Sent from my iPhone 5s Using TapaTalk2 S???R?I?????

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
Sorry guys, it's going to be hard for me to shake the thought that the subdial positioning is going to be way off. The subdial spacing of the calibre 2326/2840 found in the older ROO is similar or even the same to the A7750 we find in our ROO reps right now. These new ROO have the calibre 3126/3840 where the subdials are much closer together - not possible with a 7750.

I guess I can live with that, my point is that, I don't care if the factories bought a hundred gens to replicate from and put together by Xi Jinping and Wen Jiabao themselves, the inherent flaws (subdial positioning, date window position, possibly shoddy movement and exposed undecorated movement) is enough to not justify handing over $800 for a replica (lol let alone an unfinished/unseen watch).

Fingers crossed for a decent model and price for the noob version which I believe is coming after CNY