• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore 44mm Chronograph From Noob Factory

daz1201

I'm Pretty Popular
29/9/11
Noob factory is working on the other 3 44mm Roos, Ss, Rg, and dlc coated Ss( ceramic look ) no word of them making FC, I suppose this FC 44mm was a natural progression from the FC V3 Diver that the Zf factory made! Seconds @12 movement was always a problem to source for other makers as the noob had exclusivity on it, thou this doesn't seem to be the case any more! Same supplier I don't know, hopefully a new movement supplier that will give us a more stable movement, as the current seconds @12 is still a crap shot.

Problem is that even when the movement is not crap..The movement parts are not greased..leading to grinding gears and then BOOOM

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Still a lot we don't know daz, FC case crown guards look a winner, I'm looking forward to seeing the dial and movement

Sent from my iPhone 5s Using TapaTalk2 S???R?I?????

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
Hopefully there's no delay and remaining parts are all good, just so that I can have something to fill the void caused by the upcoming CNY. This just cancelled my plan to get a Black Bay.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Looks like 2014 is going to be an excellent year, I've just bought a new watch box to fill

qejygehy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s Using TapaTalk2 S???R?I?????

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Besides the sec@12 transfer system "clown show", what is frustrating about the existing sec@12 movement is that the most problematic parts (the ratchet wheel and its driving wheel, etc.) are not ETA compatible. Even the pinions for the hands are different sizes than ETA standard. Plus the keyless works is difficult to reach. Plus, plus, plus....

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
well , i love the rose gold one , and the cf , i saw the gen yesterday , and it is a beautiful watch

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Besides the sec@12 transfer system "clown show", what is frustrating about the existing sec@12 movement is that the most problematic parts (the ratchet wheel and its driving wheel, etc.) are not ETA compatible. Even the pinions for the hands are different sizes than ETA standard. Plus the keyless works is difficult to reach. Plus, plus, plus....

But I rather take a sec @ 12 movement instead of an a7750 with sec at nine and a wrong spacement between the chronos.
All my AP's are running great after the jewel mod from Domi. There is only this movement, so take it or leave it.

I think it is a great stepp forward, the CF looks gen, better then the V3. Best CF I have seen. The factory bought the gen in August, I am sure the dial will be almost perfect. We have seen other good stuff from this factory.

It will be a great rep and I am happy it is not from noob, they suck since the original owner left.

sent from my iPad Air

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
well , i love the rose gold one , and the cf , i saw the gen yesterday , and it is a beautiful watch

Yes they are... Tried the FC version as well as the Schumacher Rose gold 44mm (which I don't think is going to be repped yet??)and they are beautiful watches. I guess when you try on the Gen you expect more and just hope they will at least be close enough haha .. The Rose gold gen Ap's usually have a different finish though and a unique shine about them which is my problem with Rose Gold Ap's .... The clear case back and decorated movement are also a beauty to look at, but not expecting too much as long as it looks it's decent enough ....

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
well , it can be really close , look at the pics, that carbon case looks really good! , if we have kind of like a super replica based on the case , dial , pushers .... look , then i am really happy with it , the quality must feel good! very close to the real deal , i dont care about the back , it is not visible .
AND GURU! NICE!! we need positive hopes! better than negative ones for sure! cheers my friends

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
But I rather take a sec @ 12 movement instead of an a7750 with sec at nine and a wrong spacement between the chronos.
All my AP's are running great after the jewel mod from Domi. There is only this movement, so take it or leave it.??

I think it is a great stepp forward, the CF looks gen, better then the V3. Best CF I have seen. The factory bought the gen in August, I am sure the dial will be almost perfect. We have seen other good stuff from this factory.

It will be a great rep and I am happy it is not from noob, they suck since the original owner left.

sent from my iPad Air

Agree with all your points Guru, but I would welcome an altogether different movement modelled on the LWO 283. Look at what is happening in the word of Panerai reps with the new 9000 movement: let's bring that drive to perfection in reproduction here into AP land.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Agree with all your points Guru, but I would welcome an altogether different movement modelled on the LWO 283. Look at what is happening in the word of Panerai reps with the new 9000 movement: let's bring that drive to perfection in reproduction here into AP land.

no ROI

sent from my iPad Air

c888

10/3/12

With the open back trend of many manufacturer's,
I too would love to see a new movement like what's going on with panerai rep movement's but how many AP's models use the same movement vs how many Pam models use similar movements.
Would they sell much more if the movement was more to like gen?
Since people will buy these anyways, I don't think we'll see a new movement any time soon for AP's.. but we can hope :)

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
no ROI

sent from my iPad Air

Noob milked a lot of ROI from upgrading the A7750 to the sec@12. They could milk some more from the new generation of rep geeks looking for near-Franken reps.

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
CF is not really my thing--never really cared for black watches---but I love both the RG and SS versions of this watch. How many of you guys are actually comfortable wearing a RG sports watch though? I have a RG Daytona sitting in my watch box that I LOVE to look at and have worn exactly twice in 8 months. I don't feel that way when it comes to dress watches and I wear a RG Portuguese chrono in regular rotation--but on a sports watch, I hmmm.. I just can't get comportable with it even though I LOVE the way the 44 ROO RG looks. That said, I think the SS is in my future. :)

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Price up, ffs

1:1 Replicated from a genuine Royal Oak Offshore 44mm Forged Carbon as sample, not from the SS version but from the FC version itself so this watch is made as accurate as it can be. It is made by the same maker who makes also the best Forged Carbon Diver V3, the maker further improved the case finishing and CF manufacturing process to make the case even more close to the genuine.
Stock will come in about 10 days (around 17th Jan) and all pre-orders will be shipped before CNY holiday, pre-order price is US$768 and after pre-order the price will be raised to US$798, still a great price to such a beauty. 100% satisfaction guarantee!
Limited quantity for the first batch so make sure you dont miss this by placing your order NOW!
The first image of this listing is a GENUINE image and it is only for demonstration purposes, experience told us APROO dials do not usually have problems and I have confidence on this maker about their dials and hands. If you are not confidence on the watch and please do NOT pre-order it until you see the final thing.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Thought maybe $650 myself, but $798 getting into some serious cash for a rep now especially if the movement craps out then its a $1000 rep with service.

sphere24

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/13
Yep a pricey one , was set to pre order asap but price making me think twice. Given that the others are also in the pipeline and the ss and rg look potentially amazingly depending on how good the rep is this will need some consideration

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
He already dropped the price to $768! Keep complaining!!

Thats the pre order price, I'm sorry but you would need to be stupid to pony up cash on a half finished rep and we are only seeing this because it's so close to CNY, GET YOUR ORDER IN DELIVERY BEFORE CNY, but we ain't seen the movement nor dial