• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Scammed

John Y

Horology Curious
11/12/16
Hello. I paid for a watch from Susan Chuang or Karren on a wristwatchspot web page. Money was sent western union. She broke contact once she got the money. Is this a typical scammer? Thanks.

reckoner777

Renowned Member
10/7/16
Yes you've very probably been scammed in a typical way. Hope you didn't lose much. Cheers.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Hello. I paid for a watch from Susan Chuang or Karren on a wristwatchspot web page. Money was sent western union. She broke contact once she got the money. Is this a typical scammer? Thanks.
Yes. Live and learn.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
If you are going to deal with a seller check them out here first by typing in their name. General rule of thumb, if they are not on our list of trusted dealers assume they are scammers to be on the safe side. For even a TD not to respond for a while when payment is sent is not unusual though. They will generally only respond when they have sourced your watch and are ready to post it.

Anyway if you searched the forum

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb...nge-Email-Received-Someone-Scammed-by-Fake-TD

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb...ation-Whos-behind-it?highlight=wristwatchspot

Rabbagasten

I'm Pretty Popular
25/12/15
The site seems pretty good actually. It does´t look like the usual scam site. The info is correct from what I can see from my glance. How long has it been since you paid?

John Y

Horology Curious
11/12/16
Thank you. I am looking for the Omega Spectre watch again. Any clue to the best trusted seller? Thank you for the reply. I am new to all of this.

John Y

Horology Curious
11/12/16
It has been a few weeks. She posts on her blog but won't reply to me.

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
Even legitimate dealers from china can be unresponsive and take a while. There's a chance...

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
At least you are now at the right spot...and can get good info! I have purchased from 4 TD's here and every one of them has been amazing!

John Y

Horology Curious
11/12/16
Thank you. Right now I am really excited to get an Omega Spectre replica. Any thoughts on a good TD for this? Thanks so much for any reply again!

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Thank you. Right now I am really excited to get an Omega Spectre replica. Any thoughts on a good TD for this? Thanks so much for any reply again!
All TD get the same watches from the same factories, please navigate through their web pages and read on the buyers reviews to select which trusted dealer might be best for you, the rule is that you should spend some time to educate yourself and then proceed... good luck!

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
I bought a daytona about 7 months ago from Susan watches, before I found this site, she was also called Susan Chuang.same person I think, also after I paid I heard nothing,no QC photos, nothing apart from one reply after about a week or maybe more, I was positive I had been scammed.
However about a month later the watch turned up.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Eulise

Renowned Member
7/5/16
I bought a daytona about 7 months ago from Susan watches, before I found this site, she was also called Susan Chuang.same person I think, also after I paid I heard nothing,no QC photos, nothing apart from one reply after about a week or maybe more, I was positive I had been scammed.
However about a month later the watch turned up.

Was the watch the exact same as what TDs can source or did she pull a bait and switch as her website shows JF/Noob/V6F watches.
Just curious as I read her reviews from time to time and she seems like a legit dealer, not that I would order from her though.

Tatagiba

9/1/13
I think you will receive your watch. Overpriced indeed. Just be a little patient.
Next time stick to the TDs.