• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

WUS guys.... WTF is wrong with them.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Stupidity and or, flat out greed.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Oh

My

God!

DenisSpa

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/6/12
Paypal protection should not cover "being an idiot."

Sorry but I feel that if you have Hublot money you should have Hublot worthy IQ.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
He's a WUS member but shouldn't be held up as an example of the membership's general characteristics. (He has four posts, if that means anything.)

There are naive buyers on both forums and elsewhere, sadly.

It seems to me as though they post as many "I am a victim" threads as we do. The difference is the amount of money involved, I suppose.

DenisSpa

Banned
14/6/12
Since I posted this....

"There are currently 15 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 15 guests"

LOL!

DenisSpa

Banned
14/6/12
He's a WUS member but shouldn't be held up as an example of the membership's general characteristics. (He has four posts, if that means anything.)

There are naive buyers on both forums and elsewhere, sadly.

It seems to me as though they post as many "I am a victim" threads as we do. The difference is the amount of money involved, I suppose.

Not calling them all out Tommy, there are some good, smart guys on there but I just believe that if you have made it to the point in life where you can drop $15-$30K on a watch, you should have the brains to know wtf you are buying.

There are plenty of "victim" threads on there... do I feel bad for them? Not a bit.

I even started posting in the hublot section to try and help these guys tell gen from fake.... it's just crazy.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Not calling them all out Tommy, there are some good, smart guys on there but I just believe that if you have made it to the point in life where you can drop $15-$30K on a watch, you should have the brains to know wtf you are buying.

Sure, It's all good.

My point is that there are guys on RWI with that kind of money, be sure of that. And they would file a PP dispute over a $500 rep if they did not like how the transaction came down. All they had to do was their homework to prevent a bad deal.

gazza1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/13
Who is scamming who here?

Any reasonable person would not buy a poor piece like this unless the advert on Ebay showed a real one and this was substituted for delivery by the seller..but I would never buy a Watch off ebay unless I personally knew the person on previous purchases.

A trusted seller is probably not sufficent unless they have a history of selling watches and all reports are good..but I would still be wary.

D

d4m.test

Those fakes look worse than any rep I ever saw. Who even tries to pass those as gens? Unbelievable. And we didn´t even see the back. But also thought until now only the good ones could even make it to the bay, learned something.

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
Who's the smart alec who even thinks of buying an expensive watch on Ebay?...

davylloyd

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/10
There are some huge assumptions being made here, like for instance that having a large amount of money equates to intelligence, or having 'made it' in life.

We all know people, either directly or indirectly, who have inherited large amounts, who display little intellect. I can think of one personally who would be in danger of poking his eye out if he attempted to pick his nose. Paris Hilton's wealth has everything to do with who her Great-Grandfather was, and absolutely f-all to do with what's between her ears.

Personally, I think anybody who risks spending that kind of money on Ebay has more money than sense, and is not afraid of showing it.