• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM 35-02 T+ vs Sonic vs BBR vs ZF V5

Prizon

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
Other TDs sell them , ask ctime etc

foundindoha

Horology Curious
Patron
17/6/23
Qatar
Hi everybody,

Here is the BBR ad for the 35-01 and available colors:

KAFpPD.jpeg

willthewristmaster99

1-800-WatchAddict
Supporter
Certified
15/5/23
Michigan USA
Can anyone clear this up for me. I'm told that BBR has a newer version of the movement than the BBR v2, which from what I've read seems to be the best one so far as far as reliability. I believe that only the 35-01 from BBR has this new updated movement.

Is there any info on when a RM55 and 35-02 will get this updated version?

RedMouthguard

Known Member
22/9/21
NYC
Can anyone clear this up for me. I'm told that BBR has a newer version of the movement than the BBR v2, which from what I've read seems to be the best one so far as far as reliability. I believe that only the 35-01 from BBR has this new updated movement.

Is there any info on when a RM55 and 35-02 will get this updated version?
Yes correct RMUL3. Most likely RM 55 & 35-02 will get it but they probably want to upgrade a few flaws before releasing. I wish the would sell the movement alone so we could install into our current BBR 35-02

willthewristmaster99

1-800-WatchAddict
Supporter
Certified
15/5/23
Michigan USA
Yes correct RMUL3. Most likely RM 55 & 35-02 will get it but they probably want to upgrade a few flaws before releasing. I wish the would sell the movement alone so we could install into our current BBR 35-02
Thank you mate for clearing up it up (= honestly is too bad for me because I am crippling OCD so I can either just buy 1 RM 35-01 white 🤍 NTPT orange Velcro strap , and maybe just buy a CNC case in black and switch em every once in awhile.

Or what I really wanted was a white 55 , and a black 35-02 cause I wanna have 1 manual and 1 auto

I honestly don't mind just playing the waiting game, the technology is obviously there so they just need to iron out the details and take my damn money
Futurama Buy GIF

RedMouthguard

Known Member
22/9/21
NYC
Thank you mate for clearing up it up (= honestly is too bad for me because I am crippling OCD so I can either just buy 1 RM 35-01 white 🤍 NTPT orange Velcro strap , and maybe just buy a CNC case in black and switch em every once in awhile.

Or what I really wanted was a white 55 , and a black 35-02 cause I wanna have 1 manual and 1 auto

I honestly don't mind just playing the waiting game, the technology is obviously there so they just need to iron out the details and take my damn money
Futurama Buy GIF
Just buy the 35-01 now. And sell it later…unfortunately, the resale value of these rep RMs are the worse. The price drop is atleast $200 every time it exchanges hands.

I’m planning on buying a red T+ 35-02. They have a stable RMUL2 movement (or RMUL3) I can’t remember.

willthewristmaster99

1-800-WatchAddict
Supporter
Certified
15/5/23
Michigan USA
Just buy the 35-01 now. And sell it later…unfortunately, the resale value of these rep RMs are the worse. The price drop is atleast $200 every time it exchanges hands.

I’m planning on buying a red T+ 35-02. They have a stable RMUL2 movement (or RMUL3) I can’t remember.
Thanks your all your advice mate:) shoot as bad as I want one I don't think I'm willing to take a $200 hit on a watch that wasn't my #1 option anyway.

I feel like I can wait until the end of 25' before I absolutely cave and buy one. But I'm willing to bet they will be ready way way before then. Probably by the end of this year easily, like the fall time. I really wanted one for the summer but oh well maybe next summer.

RedMouthguard

Known Member
22/9/21
NYC
Thanks your all your advice mate:) shoot as bad as I want one I don't think I'm willing to take a $200 hit on a watch that wasn't my #1 option anyway.

I feel like I can wait until the end of 25' before I absolutely cave and buy one. But I'm willing to bet they will be ready way way before then. Probably by the end of this year easily, like the fall time. I really wanted one for the summer but oh well maybe next summer.
For some reason I have a ”fear “ of missing out when it comes to the hobby. But managed to put it aside for the RM 055& 35-02. Imagine spending $2K+ on watches and having them arrive DOA and no watchmaker wanting to fix them. Yikes!

rolexianer

Known Member
3/12/23
Germany

RedMouthguard

Known Member
22/9/21
NYC
@puretime just informed me (after waiting for 2 months) that the watch is discontinued and they can no longer get them:

RM035 Carbon SONIC Best Edition Skeleton Dial on Black Rubber Strap Clone RMUL2 V2

Seems strange as @Jaeuk just got QC pics 2 weeks ago?

I am honestly not very familiar with RM, any recommandations what to buy with a similiar look?
Check with another TD

rolexianer

Known Member
3/12/23
Germany
@puretime just informed me (after waiting for 2 months) that the watch is discontinued and they can no longer get them:

RM035 Carbon SONIC Best Edition Skeleton Dial on Black Rubber Strap Clone RMUL2 V2

Seems strange as @Jaeuk just got QC pics 2 weeks ago?

I am honestly not very familiar with RM, any recommandations what to buy with a similiar look?

As mentioned before on Thurday, Mar 14, 2024 Puretime told me watch is discontinued and they can no longer get them... So we had some emails about other models and no answer from Puretime since Friday.

Today I have received QC pics for the RM035 SONIC :)

Well... ok (y)

rolexianer

Known Member
3/12/23
Germany
I ordered one with the watch together so I can swap. Thanks mate. I had a compare video where i saw that the clasp looks like BBR, not holding enough

I got my RM035 yesterday, I am happy so far. Seems to be cool on my wrist and will wear it for the next weeks...

So @derjenigewelcher what's wrong with the clasp? Couldnt find any issue.

The only thing for me... I might be to old for that watch, if its a little dark outside I cant even read the correct time (minutes) WITH glasses, the pale red minute marks are not really visible.

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I got my RM035 yesterday, I am happy so far. Seems to be cool on my wrist and will wear it for the next weeks...

The only thing for me... I might be to old for that watch, if its a little dark outside I cant even read the correct time (minutes) WITH glasses, the pale red minute marks are not really visible.
RM is all about that skeleton movement... not so much for reading the time bahaha

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland

Try the ZF clasp next to it - much better. Spring tention is way to loose on Sonic/BBR and opens from alone sometimes

RedMouthguard

Known Member
22/9/21
NYC
Try the ZF clasp next to it - much better. Spring tention is way to loose on Sonic/BBR and opens from alone sometimes
While bbr clasp definitely "feels" loose I never have a feeling it will just open randomly even without the strap placed inside the watch band loop.