• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM 35-02 T+ vs Sonic vs BBR vs ZF V5

foundindoha

Horology Curious
Patron
17/6/23
Qatar
Hi everyone,

I've just seen this poster of BBR 35-02 and just wondering if anybody got theirs in hands ?

How would you rate quality of all watches comparing to genuine?

Some say Sonic, others say T+ undoubtedly

BBR attempts are always good I giuess, they did the best 27-03 in my humble opinion.

Reactions: Autobús

shalke

Supporter
Certified
16/8/23
Near London
I did some research on this and talked with a few TDs and BBR is more realistic with the new model, their movement is the downside, as its a RMAL1. The ZF uses a Seiko All in one movement.
I ordered the 35-02 from BBR, will post some QC stuff once they arrive.

Reactions: Falter and Autobús

Falter

Patron
8/8/20
I did some research on this and talked with a few TDs and BBR is more realistic with the new model, their movement is the downside, as its a RMAL1. The ZF uses a Seiko All in one movement.
From your research, in what ways is the BBR more realistic? Is it the overall case shape/feel on the wrist?

shalke

Supporter
Certified
16/8/23
Near London
From your research, in what ways is the BBR more realistic? Is it the overall case shape/feel on the wrist?
The case should be very close to the gen with the new version. Looks pretty good in photos. Will see when the QC comes in.
The other factories use miyota or seiko movements. Everyone I asked was like 80% BBR and rest on ZF.

sulfacetamide

Known Member
22/8/22
Thanks bro !

foundindoha

Horology Curious
Patron
17/6/23
Qatar
Thanks for the useful replies guys, hope we get more info/details on the movements please. Thanks

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
ZF V5 seems to be the closest thing to gen from 5 feet away and in pictures, everything is more accurate from shape of the bridges to the clasp and glass, dead give away is the static movement without the moving wheel. Feels like BBR and Sonic are the same. You're trading quality for moving parts. Inaccurate movement shape bridges and fake painted brushing for the wheel. Pick you poison :( wish ZF and Sonic made a gen like baby.
Mate, no one is reading your posts, no one but staff can see them because you have a double account. You need to take out a Help Desk ticket to fix that before your posts will be visible.

Last edited:

willthewristmaster99

1-800-WatchAddict
Supporter
Certified
15/5/23
Michigan USA
Hey did you get your BBR RM35-02? I am torn between the 35-02 and the 35-01 and I'm curious too see your input because I love a lot of what you say on these RM threads you know your stuff.

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
I've got the BBR and that Biao vid shows it off very well, I'm happy I paid the extra for the moving balance wheel, makes alot of difference to me.

willthewristmaster99

1-800-WatchAddict
Supporter
Certified
15/5/23
Michigan USA
I've got the BBR and that Biao vid shows it off very well, I'm happy I paid the extra for the moving balance wheel, makes alot of difference to me.
Yeah I am willing to spend a little more for the moving balance as well. I was debating on getting a RM27-03 but since I can't pick between the 35-01 and the 35-02 I think I'm going to ditch the tourby 27-03 bullhead and just get BOTH 35 models. I think I got a plan worked out.

I honestly don't even like the 27-03 I would MUCH PREFER a 27-02 but oh well guess I'll keep waiting. I honestly just wanted white NTPT w Orange Velcro and that's 35-01 all day.

Also the tourby is pushing 1k while the 35-0x is pushing closer to 700$ so I'll save the cheese 🧀

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Yeah I am willing to spend a little more for the moving balance as well. I was debating on getting a RM27-03 but since I can't pick between the 35-01 and the 35-02 I think I'm going to ditch the tourby 27-03 bullhead and just get BOTH 35 models. I think I got a plan worked out.

I honestly don't even like the 27-03 I would MUCH PREFER a 27-02 but oh well guess I'll keep waiting. I honestly just wanted white NTPT w Orange Velcro and that's 35-01 all day.

Also the tourby is pushing 1k while the 35-0x is pushing closer to 700$ so I'll save the cheese 🧀
Fair enough, altho seeing the movement come alive in the 35 has made me want a Tourby next so I'm looking at the 12.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Would.ypu care to show some pics? How's the movement holding up so far, is it supposed to be more reliable by now?

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Would.ypu care to show some pics? How's the movement holding up so far, is it supposed to be more reliable by now?
So far so good, and the wheel and all starts up pretty quickly, just a few shakes on the wrist.