• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review: Omega Ceramic SMP 300M Diver

Expat

Horology Curious
6/2/14
Hi everyone!!

Great review Mr. Pap!! I liked it so much that I have bought another one like yours. This will be mi first rep, so now I am at that stage of being nervous waiting to see the result!!

I liked your photos and explanation, we all wait for more.... :p

I wil ltry to introduce to everyone mine when it arrives.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Hi everyone!!

Great review Mr. Pap!! I liked it so much that I have bought another one like yours. This will be mi first rep, so now I am at that stage of being nervous waiting to see the result!!

I liked your photos and explanation, we all wait for more.... :p

I wil ltry to introduce to everyone mine when it arrives.

Welcome to the forum and the omega club!

I am sure you will enjoy your watch, its a very nice piece!!!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
And now a few macro shots. My apologies for not that good quality but holding with one hand the loop and the other the camera isnt that easy lol

Expat

Horology Curious
6/2/14
Thank you Mr. Pap!!

Now thanks to these pictures my dessire is increasing!!! :p I hope to receive it soon!!!

They are nice pictures! I can imagine the situation to take those pictures... it would have been nice to take a picture of you doing it. :p

Greetings!

Jjml1966

Horology Curious
3/9/13
I do love mine too but unfortunately the movement was faulty on arrival and now is broke so had to take it to a watch maker to be fixed. I don't think I have seen a photo of one that came with a correctly aligned bezel from the factory, shame. When I get mine back I am going to try and remove the insert and realign it. Great post Mr Pap,thanks.

Bolduc Zogmar

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/8/12
Nice watch!

I gave up ordering one after I got 3 different series of QC with wrong insert/bezel alignment.

I was wondering if there is any chance that Noob factory will make one? They could improve this model as they did with the CrPO (better alignment, correct ceramic blue insert, and thinner case, for instance). Anyone has a clue?

rek0001

1/1/13
I really love this watch, as a matter of fact I tried ordering one from Trevor but he talked me out of it saying he had too many after-purchase complaints about the movement and other cosmetic issues.
Looking at your pics Mr. Pap I really want one again but Trevor's comments have me hesitating.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I really love this watch, as a matter of fact I tried ordering one from Trevor but he talked me out of it saying he had too many after-purchase complaints about the movement and other cosmetic issues.
Looking at your pics Mr. Pap I really want one again but Trevor's comments have me hesitating.

I think the movement is the best feature at mine so far. It works like a charm. As for cosmetic issue i have only noticed a small mark on the dial only noticeable on a certain angle under sunlight.

I am very satisfied so far but time will tell as usual.

Alam1

Horology Curious
15/2/14
Wonderful watch really like it,I would love to own one day. may I ask you where did you purchase it.
Enjoy it!

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
And now a few macro shots. My apologies for not that good quality but holding with one hand the loop and the other the camera isnt that easy lol

Mr pap how are you? I thought you had the black one? So you bought the blue one? How does it compare to the genuine blue hue? Nice review BTW

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Wonderful watch really like it,I would love to own one day. may I ask you where did you purchase it.
Enjoy it!

Thank you buddy. Watch came from MarvellousReplica.

Mr pap how are you? I thought you had the black one? So you bought the blue one? How does it compare to the genuine blue hue? Nice review BTW

Nop buddy, i got the blue one. I think its good enough. What do you think?

glock26

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/3/11
Nice review. love the look of it. the color is a tad off sadly. A bit pricey wish it came in the asain movement to save a few bucks.

gembel

Horology Curious
8/6/13
Nice review and nice watch! What is lug to lug of this watch? I want to pull the trigger on it but I'm afraid it will be to big for my small wrist.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Nice review and nice watch! What is lug to lug of this watch? I want to pull the trigger on it but I'm afraid it will be to big for my small wrist.

20mm lug size. My wrist is 6.6" exactly if that helps you.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Sorry i mean the lug to lug height. If I'm not mistaken it's about 47mm.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Basically its 47mm exactly, i just measured it.

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Thank you buddy. Watch came from MarvellousReplica.

Nop buddy, i got the blue one. I think its good enough. What do you think?

Yeah just came back from the mall ate this turkish doner what is the equivalent for that in greece mr.pap? Yup your watch looks damn good can't wait to see you start off frankening with your plethora of gen omega parts, saw the gen earlier the blue hue of the gen really plays with our eyes sometimes is so dark it looks like a black..what is your opinion on that new clone 8500 aqua terra? Cant help but giggle everytime I see the hard attempt to replicate the 8500 lols sorry to me it doesn't look right..maybe its just me though

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Yeah just came back from the mall ate this turkish doner what is the equivalent for that in greece mr.pap? Yup your watch looks damn good can't wait to see you start off frankening with your plethora of gen omega parts, saw the gen earlier the blue hue of the gen really plays with our eyes sometimes is so dark it looks like a black..what is your opinion on that new clone 8500 aqua terra? Cant help but giggle everytime I see the hard attempt to replicate the 8500 lols sorry to me it doesn't look right..maybe its just me though

Its call pita giro! Delicious stuff!

I don't want to disappoint you but I am afraid there wont be any mods for this one. The color could have been better but its not that bad...

As for the aqua terra, i like the movement decoration, i am sure we will see better omega 8500 clones. Its hard to replicate in house movements.